Did Giantbomb always record their GOTY deliberations?

Bucklebutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd like to go back and watch some old GOTY content, but I'm not finding any of the deliberations for years earlier than 2016. Were these just part of the bombcast? Anybody know of a good way to find this content if it exists? Thanks!

Psygnosis911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They didn't put up videos of podcasts until fairly recently. The older GotY deliberations are just posted as podcasts in the Bombcast feed.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, GOTY was just an episode of the bombcast (or rather, a few episodes at the end of the year). I don't remember if those went all the way back to the first year or not, but at least since about 2011 or so.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@tartyron: They've done it since 2008, the very first year of GB! I remember the ending to 2008's podcast was rough to listen to, as Brad's mic had cut out and you could just hear Jeff arguing with a distant voice.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, the best way to find that stuff is just going to be to type "Game of the Year" into the search bar, and filter it by podcast. The old audio only podcasts don't get grouped in with the Game of the Year video content, which makes it hard to find. I really hope that stuff gets better at some point.

Bucklebutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers