Did i miss something regarding my premium membership?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Canteu

@Grillbar said:

but again a difference of opinion, and i would like to add that im saying this in a calmly manor, and as part of a discussion.

reason i state this is pretty much everything i read what i write i feel like im sounding like an bitching, complaining, arrogant, self indulging asshole

I don't feel you were bitching or being arrogant or whatever :p You were putting your piece into the discussion. That's the point of discussion! Sorry if it seemed like I was biting your head off or something.

Also: Last Word.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By alternate

Calling them out as lazy is a bit much.

I like content as much as anyone but they were clearly busy with something else. Be it broken hardware or pointless meetings - you can't honestly believe any of them are sat on their arses doing nothing - well maybe Ryan (joke).

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By MrKlorox

It's been super lazy for a while. The last worth while premium content thing seems to be the first time they played Blade Runner for Random ass PC game. All that's come since has been shitty spookin with scoops and the second half of the blade runner game and another design talk with dave. Such is why I no longer subscribe.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By PillClinton

@Brendan said:

Yeah, Giantbomb really needs a business oriented person on the team to keep them on track. I think they all mean well, but Jeff for example seems disorganized as fuck, and at some point in your life you either need to get past that or pay someone to do it for you. I'm not as demanding but I understand why others would be. At the end of the day this is a business after all.

Not a terrible idea, but that could turn into walking a real thin line between getting too corporate-y and Giant Bomb soul-killing, and staying sort of organic, indie-ish (even though, yes, I know, they were never truly indie at all).

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By SpaceRunaway

@Canteu said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: Consider this. I'm not complaining that there's no content because they're lazy or don't try or don't care or whatever the imaginary reason.

Perhaps i'm complaining because I love the content so much that I'm sad when they don't give me enough of it, and all I want is for them to make top quality content that I can enjoy.

I don't want more because I'm entitled. I want more because I want more because I love it.

I see nothing wrong with wanting more from people I love.

Overall, there is more content though. It's just not exclusively going to premium members, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By DystopiaX

@Blastroid said:

No ads

This+HD+archived live content is why I pay for membership.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By cronus42

@Canteu said:

@Animasta: Well i'm sorry i expect something from a website and people I adore. I guess I should just accept everything I'm given and never want for more.

No, it isn't bad to want more necessarily, it's bad when you needlessly complain because you aren't getting what you feel is enough. Yeah, there was only Jeff's video for the premium people, so what. People throw around these claims that there should be premium content every Friday, and there usually is. They miss one week and suddenly it's the worst thing ever. Look at all the other weeks when they do tons of content. This week wasn't even that light, two mailbags, a bunch of quicklooks, a silly live midweek thing, and a funny TNT. Who the fuck cares what they played Thursday night, it was dumb and entertaining. Yes, we pay for extra content, if you aren't happy with the content you get, STOP PAYING. And if your response to that is "But I like the extra content," then quit your fucking whining and enjoy what you get.

On this communication issue you are making a big deal about, you claim you wouldn't care if they made an announcement that it was only going to be jar time. Well first off, there's usually a coming soon thing on the front page, which shows what they plan to do a few days out, including any live premium stuff. Nothing showed up there, and you expected something anyway. If there was a thing scheduled, and they just didn't do it with no explanation, then that would be kind of annoying. There was nothing scheduled, do they really need to justify that every week they get caught up doing other things? Also, you make an issue about communicating on twitter and things and it not being fair to the social media non-users. As someone who does follow them there, basically all of that stuff is just joking with other industry guys, site users and each other. Or it's just talking about something they usually bring up in the bombcast later. Point is it is all extra stuff that doesn't make a difference if it is posted on the site. Saying that's not fair cause you don't want to go to twitter is just making up more shit to complain about.

Way I see it, you're just acting like an entitled prick. You get one week of less than normal content and you go off on the guys telling them it's unacceptable. Is your life really so centered around a silly video or two that you get upset when they can't do one? If so you should really reevaluate what is important in your life. Also a post or two you talk at non-premium members like they aren't important or their opinions don't matter. Grow the fuck up. Just because they don't (or can't) pay doesn't mean they can't post in whatever thread they want, and it give you no right to talk to them like you're somehow better than them.

This thread wasn't started as a discussion, or a suggestion or any of that. The first post was just a stupid complaint. Useless whining about how needy you are. Stop it. Grow the fuck up or go somewhere else.

P.S. And don't try to say that you are only complaining about the lack of communication. As it was brought up, your first post was complaining about how much and what content went up.

P.P.S. I am REALLY sick of these threads in case you couldn't tell.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Ares42

@warxsnake said:

I usually dont whine about this stuff since its just $50 a year, I love GB but if I really had to crit or give feedback; a lot of "good" users on youtube pump way more content than GB, and they don't have the backing of a giant like CBS, just youtube $ from subs. I also find that sometimes, people like TB or Angry Joe (or even that crazy Swede Robbaz for christs sake) will do a little more research into their quicklooks than GB. I've seen that happen plenty of times this year in QLs where GB doesn't know half of the gameplay design or they comment on things that are just plain false. (quick example would be Guild wars 2 QL). I wouldn't have pointed this out if it wasn't for Jeff on the bombcast making fun of youtube casters asking users to subscribe all the time.. at least they put out.

Not to defend GB, but you do realize the reason why YT guys puts out more content is because it's directly correlated to how much money they make, right ? Not only because views = money, but also because a steady stream of content is a much more important factor in keeping their audience (unlike this website which doesn't purely rely on video-content). I don't wanna go into a rant here, but YT is just a quantity over quality business and it relies much more on following typical internet marketing strategies.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By JoeyRavn

When there's no or little Premium content during a week: "I am a paying customer and I deserve to have things".

When there's Premium content during a week: "I am a free user and I deserve to have access to things".

Vote with your fucking money, for fuck's sake. If you are a monthly subscriber, unsubscribe the following month. When you feel there's enough content to justify $5 a month (GASP!), resubscribe. As simple as that.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By warxsnake
@Ares42: Yes you are right and I do realize that obviously; however let's admit GB is heavily video dependent and most of its audience is here for the vids, mostly the Quicklooks (Lets Plays) which in turn are, or have already replaced their video reviews.
StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By StingerMK2

@MrKlorox said:

It's been super lazy for a while. The last worth while premium content thing seems to be the first time they played Blade Runner for Random ass PC game. All that's come since has been shitty spookin with scoops and the second half of the blade runner game and another design talk with dave. Such is why I no longer subscribe.

just out of curiosity why did you sub in the first place then? cos in my eyes there has never been a better time for premium content

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SpaceRunaway

@Cronus42 said:

@Canteu said:

P.P.S. I am REALLY sick of these threads in case you couldn't tell.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MiniPato

What? You mean you AREN'T satisfied with just that charitable feeling of supporting a website you love with your money?

Yeah, that's the reason I first subscribed (that and partly so they wouldn't splice the bombcast). But I didn't find Happy Hours worthwhile and I will never watch archived TNTs because I still think TNT is a waste of their time and of use to no one. So I didn't renew and the premium content they are putting out isn't convincing me to.

@Ares42 said:

@warxsnake said:

I usually dont whine about this stuff since its just $50 a year, I love GB but if I really had to crit or give feedback; a lot of "good" users on youtube pump way more content than GB, and they don't have the backing of a giant like CBS, just youtube $ from subs. I also find that sometimes, people like TB or Angry Joe (or even that crazy Swede Robbaz for christs sake) will do a little more research into their quicklooks than GB. I've seen that happen plenty of times this year in QLs where GB doesn't know half of the gameplay design or they comment on things that are just plain false. (quick example would be Guild wars 2 QL). I wouldn't have pointed this out if it wasn't for Jeff on the bombcast making fun of youtube casters asking users to subscribe all the time.. at least they put out.

Not to defend GB, but you do realize the reason why YT guys puts out more content is because it's directly correlated to how much money they make, right ? Not only because views = money, but also because a steady stream of content is a much more important factor in keeping their audience (unlike this website which doesn't purely rely on video-content). I don't wanna go into a rant here, but YT is just a quantity over quality business and it relies much more on following typical internet marketing strategies.

That, and youtubers typically do full-on "let's plays" all the time and those are easy to split up into tons of videos from one play session. And Giant Bomb doesn't just want to be a "Let's play" site (which is why they don't do endurance runs that much). It's harder to cover a bunch games rather than doing a long let's play series of 2 or 3 games. But I still think waxsnake has a point. GB, being "professionals" will often wrongly criticize a game or spout false information with confidence and with little research beforehand because they are "veteran" game people. And many youtubers are just one person who have to set up and purchase their own equipment for facecams, livestreams, and what have you.

jchenderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By jchenderson

I am of the opinion that even though the bombast is free that is what my membership goes to. I am more than happy to pay 50 bucks a year just for that. The other content is a bonus.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Branthog

I didn't even know there was still "regular" premium content. After the move to CBS, the benefits of "premium" basically came out to be access to the HD videos (if you really need them) and an occasional special stream of someone playing part of a game or something. Sporadically. Or maybe I've been missing out on a lot of content somehow. Also, quit being an entitled crybaby! It's not like you're paying for -- oh.

@JCHenderson said:

I am of the opinion that even though the bombast is free that is what my membership goes to. I am more than happy to pay 50 bucks a year just for that. The other content is a bonus.

And if they're serious about considering having ads during the bombcast?

I'm happy to pay for stuff to get rid of the influence (not just existence) of ads and/or a lot of awesome extra content ($50 is a year's worth of unlimited streaming music or seven months of unlimited netflix). I'm not so inclined to pay for stuff from a place that is already dead-set on being advertiser-sponsored, no matter what. I may as well just sit back and save my $50 and let them throw Halo and Gamefly ads everywhere. *shrug*

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Ares42

@warxsnake: ye, as I said not trying to defend GB, just saying that running a YT channel and running a website isn't really that comparable. The products might seem similar at times, but there are just leagues of difference in how it all works. But then again I might just be too biased against YT :P

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Branthog

@DystopiaX said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

The site isn't organized well-enough for that. though. I typically end up going to ustream or justin.tv or whatever and digging up the shitty quality videos of stuff that is older than a few days, because trying to find anything on this site is often hopeless.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#118  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Yeah it's been said before, but I don't care. I miss the old days of Giantbomb back when they had something to prove.

I want to see some actual fucking production (and no, recording yourself fucking around the office and essentially doing things you'd be doing if the camera's weren't rolling, does not count as video production). I want to see these jokers working their asses off, and not just doing things because they feel like it. Remember I Love Mondays? Back when they cared? And video reviews? Do we really now have to wait for GOTY awards every year to see that kind of content? Also, what about Endurance Runs? YEAH I SAID IT. ENDURANCE RUN, ENDURANCE RUN, ENDURANCE RUN. BOO-FUCKING-HOO WHY IS EVERYONE ASKING ABOUT ENDURANCE RUNS. THAT’S IT, I’M NOT DOING AN ENDURANCE RUN ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU KEEP ASKING FOR IT. WAAHH. POOR ME, MY LIFE IS SOOO HARD, I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS ADORATION AND SUPPORT FOR THE THINGS I DO. Meanwhile, some poor bastard is cleaning shit from a bathroom stall at Tacobell.

bagrm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By bagrm

@StingerMK2 said:

@MrKlorox said:

just out of curiosity why did you sub in the first place then? cos in my eyes there has never been a better time for premium content

No way is this the best time for premium content. I think the best time was around 1 year ago. We were getting lots of great Random PC game videos (SWAT, Ripper, Phantasmagoria, etc.), TNT's with everyone in the Whiskey office, Tested premium content, the first jar time videos, retro console videos, etc. The premium content has definitely gone downhill from that point on. It's still satisfactory for me though. Just my two cents.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Happy Hours which mentioned below.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MrKlorox
@StingerMK2: Here are my primary initial reasons for subscribing (and why they no longer apply or aren't possible)

• Live weekly Happy Hours where the hosts and chat get stupid and drunk (no longer a thing) 
  • To support the young semi-independent upstarts known as Giant Bomb and Tested who might not succeed if not for subscriber contributions (Tested is no longer part of the sub and, GB is now more corporate and pre-determined and less free-form)
  • To download the HD version of all the quicklooks they put up (Patrick has since come on board changing the flow of half the QLs and my ISP has started enacting a low bandwidth ceiling at 150GB)
  • The promise of more and more unique content from each staff member (this still happens, but much less often than expected)

Now if I hadn't been subscribing from the time they started until early October 2012, I would agree that now is the best time to subscribe since they keep the old stuff archived. All that content is new to new subscribers. However I've already seen that stuff and there hasn't been anything new I'd pay to see since then. I was considering getting the $35 deal last month, just in case, but I decided against it until they do more stuff.

Frankly the premium feature I miss most is being able to skip the slow ugly in-site video player and go right to the youtube version without leaving GB or having to type something in my search bar. And when the best reason to subscribe is not being forced to use the CBSi streaming servers, it's time to spend my money elsewhere.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

More Encyclopaedia Bombastica 

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Branthog

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE PREMIUM A SUPER-VALUE, CONTRACT WITH JUSTIN MCELROY TO BRING A REBOOT OF TIME-BELT TO GIANTBOMB PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS!

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#123  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Friday premium is not a thing like TNT or podcast. REally an every other week thing is fine with me. I love supporting the site and having no ads, plus there are a bunch of videos that I haven't seen already so really not the end of the world. And Jar time is a high piece of quality.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Animasta said:

I love how, whenever there's a slow week, people create threads about it. Like come on guys sometimes there are slow weeks get over it gosh

ALSO I'M A HIGHER RANKING PREMIUM MEMBER THAN YOU SO I SUPPOSE THAT MEANS I HAVE AUTHORITY OR SOMETHING.

I love how you cant make a single criticism on this site before pepole jump all over you
MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By MOAB

@bagrm said:

i feel like i'm the only one who didn't give a shit about the happy hour shows

bagrm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By bagrm

@MOAB said:

@bagrm said:

No way is this the best time for premium content. I think the best time was around 1 year ago. We were getting lots of great Random PC game videos (SWAT, Ripper, Phantasmagoria, etc.), TNT's with everyone in the Whiskey office, Tested premium content, the first jar time videos, retro console videos, etc. The premium content has definitely gone downhill from that point on. It's still satisfactory for me though. Just my two cents.

i feel like i'm the only one who didn't give a shit about the happy hour shows

I didn't really care about them too much either. I just wanted to add them to all the other stuff I mentioned to provide more examples for why we were getting more, and better, premium content around a year ago.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Don't pay to watch other people to play videogames? Instead, use the money to actually buy videogames and play them? I know it's really a ridicilous suggestion...

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Branthog

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Don't pay to watch other people to play videogames? Instead, use the money to actually buy videogames and play them? I know it's really a ridicilous suggestion...

Hey, some of us are old and busy and *watching* other people do game stuff is the only interaction we get with games for weeks at a time!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#129  Edited By nightriff

@Branthog said:

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE PREMIUM A SUPER-VALUE, CONTRACT WITH JUSTIN MCELROY TO BRING A REBOOT OF TIME-BELT TO GIANTBOMB PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS!

FUCK YES!!!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Branthog

@Nightriff said:

@Branthog said:

FUCK YES!!!

And to make the most out of it, keep Justin McElroy playing the same character (a little kid). Just . . . as an adult. :D

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By TyCobb

@Branthog said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Hey, some of us are old and busy and *watching* other people do game stuff is the only interaction we get with games for weeks at a time!

Exactly. My 12 hour work days do not allow for gaming. Especially when you are married.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Branthog

@TyCobb said:

@Branthog said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Exactly. My 12 hour work days do not allow for gaming. Especially when you are married.

When I'm playing games, I feel like I should be doing work of various sorts. When I'm working on stuff (or even just cleaning the house or something), I feel like I'm missing out on fun stuff. I find that listening to gaming podcasts and watching/listening to playthroughs and other stuff related to games (especially ones I might never personally get to playing -- whether they're very old or new) sort of let's me keep doing work, while getting a touch of fun stuff in the background.

This is part of why I love 3hr bombcasts so much. It can literally entertain me for an entire day's worth of work. :)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Milkman

@Branthog said:

@DystopiaX said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

The site isn't organized well-enough for that. though. I typically end up going to ustream or justin.tv or whatever and digging up the shitty quality videos of stuff that is older than a few days, because trying to find anything on this site is often hopeless.

Sorry but you're wrong. Go to the Videos tab, click the Subscriber section. It's all right there. I can't think how you possibly would have trouble finding any of that stuff.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Fifty bucms a year, divided by 52 weeks... Yup, id say that jartime was worth 96c. I dont need to be flooded with content. Im happy with what they give us already!

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By beepmachine

Man I wish I had the free time to sit around waiting for content all the time. For the amount a sub costs you get hundreds of hours of video a year. That's a steal.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By nightriff

@Branthog said:

@Nightriff said:

@Branthog said:

FUCK YES!!!

And to make the most out of it, keep Justin McElroy playing the same character (a little kid). Just . . . as an adult. :D

Oh god, this is an amazing concept, contact Justin with this shit, use my sub money also cause god knows we haven't had quality premium content since SimGolf.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@TyCobb said:

@Branthog said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

I don't get as to why you couldw atch 1-2 hours long TNT's or uick-looks but not play games in 1-2 hour sessions...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By nightriff

@dennisthemennis said:

Man I wish I had the free time to sit around waiting for content all the time. For the amount a sub costs you get hundreds of hours of video a year. That's a steal.

Well when the content isn't good or non existent people will say something. GB community is passionate and overbearing, just how the internet works.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TyCobb

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@TyCobb said:

@Branthog said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

I don't get as to why you couldw atch 1-2 hours long TNT's or uick-looks but not play games in 1-2 hour sessions...

I work from home. I can watch/listen to Netflix, GB, and other streams all day long. However, I can't actually play anything since that would mean work wouldn't get done. When work is finished there are other things that need my attention. I can still work and listen at the same time. I can't work and play at the same time. Make sense?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Branthog

@Milkman said:

@Branthog said:

@DystopiaX said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Sorry but you're wrong. Go to the Videos tab, click the Subscriber section. It's all right there. I can't think how you possibly would have trouble finding any of that stuff.

Endless pages of unsorted grids of videos is hardly organized.

There's a lot of stuff to organize, I grant you. They kind of run into the same problem they have with the forums for every single topic and game. I don't propose to have the solution. I just know that it's a problem.

@dennisthemennis said:

Granted, I haven't kept up with GB content in a few months, but I have to call the statement that there are hundreds of hours of premium content videos per year, here.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@TyCobb said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@TyCobb said:

@Branthog said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

I work from home. I can watch/listen to Netflix, GB, and other streams all day long. However, I can't actually play anything since that would mean work wouldn't get done. When work is finished there are other things that need my attention. I can still work and listen at the same time. I can't work and play at the same time. Make sense?

I see, couldn't GiantBomb distract you from your ork though? especially ith Patrick calling Halo a puzzle...

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TyCobb

@TrafalgarLaw: Yea, it is distracting here and there at times. However, just for a couple of minutes here and there which is no different than working in an office and someone coming by your desk to just chit chat.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Branthog

It almost feels like they need some fresh blood to mix things up. I still say it's a damn shame they didn't score Sessler.

Anyway, since they would ideally focus more on generating new content that you can't find anywhere else an less on 'the top forty items in today's newsfeed at every single gaming site" and given all of their production resources , why aren't they doing more things like compelling interviews with all the developers they're associated with? Compelling interviews with, say, guys doing kickstarter projects. Or guys with successful projects who are working on the game, now? Weekly or monthly videos focusing on the history of a specific game or company? Or, if not documentary style, then how about a weekly shoot-the-shit vide round-table with all the GB dudes talking about said game from history?

Don't get me wrong, I like the mailbags and the quicklooks and the jars and all this, but almost all the content on this site (video-wise) is very much gonzo-style. Shit's happening, grab a cam, record it, put it up. Kind of a waste considering all the production resources they have on hand.

I know they also have a lot of time dedicated to playing games to review and there are only so many employees. But . . . then maybe that needs to be changed. I mean, it's hard to put out unique content that sets you apart from other sites in terms of scope and quality, if all you have time to do besides a podcast, mailbag, and turning on the webcam now and then, is the reviews (admittedly the meat of the site).

All said, I think E3 week is the example of the crew at their best.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By JZ

Yeah fuck if sessmoney was a giantbomb member that would be even better than justin mcaroy joinning.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ripelivejam

@murisan said:

@ripelivejam said:

pretty sure we get more out of a membership here than we would with xbox live gold [/zing]

Definitely true. But, out of curiosity, why are you not a member? When did you decide to stop, or were you ever? Truly just curious.

i'll bite the bullet and pay for it, funds are pathetically tight for me right now. i'll probably do the month by month one but i'd hate to miss out on the shirt. i definitely want to be a member, and even with their *supposed* huge bank roll with cbsi i would like to do it just as a show of solidarity w/ the bombcrew.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By GJSmitty

I don't know about everyone else, but I have a hell of a time trying to keep up with the content sometimes. They just had an awesome Design Chat not too long ago, there was that massive WII U launch stream, and it seems like mailbags are becoming more and more common. Not to mention all of the quick looks that they put out. Maybe there's not as much premium only content as there should be, but they still put up a shit ton of content, and that in itself is enough to get me to support these guys.

Note: My gold membership just expired a few days ago, I'm going to renew it once my next paycheck comes. So sick of these ads everywhere :p

Also, it seems that when I left the video page in Embiggen and my premium membership was up, it stayed in embiggen mode.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#147  Edited By LordAndrew

I can't read past the first two pages of this thread. What the hell is wrong with everyone?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By murisan

@LordAndrew said:

I can't read past the first two pages of this thread. What the hell is wrong with everyone?

Nothing, really. It gets better around page six.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AthleticShark

I don't remember there being a commitment to having something premium every Friday. People are still recovering from the holiday and getting prepared for the next. Not only that, I am sure they are prepping for GOTY. Relax, they have provided us with enough content already. They are humans, not machines.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheHumanDove

I can no longer justify membership at this point in time, and 'supporting the site' doesn't have the same ring to it after big brother CBS bought GB. I need something more than what I'm seeing to resub...maybe a hotdog eating contest. Who knows