Did Nintendo curse third party abandoners?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I found a very strange parallel between this fiasco involving Too Human and a similar one earlier in the generation, being Lair. Lair was developed by Factor 5, who had up until then been mainly Nintendo exclusive (I think they were entirely, not sure). The developer Silicon Knights' prior release to Too Human was Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube.

Both of these companies' first ventures after making Nintendo games have been substantially colossal flops.

This brings up a very serious question: Since when did Shigeru Miyamoto know Voodoo?

Yoshi_trips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Yoshi_trips

Lair was fucked thanks to the shitty Six axis, if the patch that added analog controls shipped with the game, it wouldve scored much higher. So BLAME SONY for making a SHITTY controller not Factor5

Too human had engine troubles and tons of development issues.  Silicon knights isnt a "nintendo only" dev anyways, they never were. so that logic fails.

and if there was a so called  "curse"........... Rare broke that shit with Viva Pinata and is gonna put it six feet under with Banjo3. if Miyamoto knew "voodoo" he should use it to make better games for the Wii

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Keano
Yoshi_trips said:
"Lair was fucked thanks to the shitty Six axis, if the patch that added analog controls shipped with the game, it wouldve scored much higher. So BLAME SONY for making a SHITTY controller not Factor5

Too human had engine troubles and tons of development issues.  Silicon knights isnt a "nintendo only" dev anyways, they never were. so that logic fails.

and if there was a so called  "curse"........... Rare broke that shit with Viva Pinata and is gonna put it six feet under with Banjo3. if Miyamoto knew "voodoo" he should use it to make better games for the Wii"
PWNED.

end thread
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread makes me lol inside.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Yoshi_trips said:
"Lair was fucked thanks to the shitty Six axis, if the patch that added analog controls shipped with the game, it wouldve scored much higher. So BLAME SONY for making a SHITTY controller not Factor5

and if there was a so called  "curse"........... Rare broke that shit with Viva Pinata and is gonna put it six feet under with Banjo3. if Miyamoto knew "voodoo" he should use it to make better games for the Wii"
I never said Silicon Knights was a Nintendo dev. They made Blood Omen, after all. I was just saying that........god, Fuck it. I'm done with this shit.
creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By creamstatic

LOL

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Emilio
Sentry said:
"This thread makes me lol inside."
But does it make you feel sexy?

I thought it was kinda weird that Factor 5 and Silicon Knights would both have critical flops after leaving Nintendo.
Maybe they're all like "aw, shoot, we should have made this for WiiWii." now.
blue74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blue74

lols just look at  Factor 5 and Silicon Knights they cant stop crying about their games getting low review scores

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By banksrob

but eternal darkness was just awesomeness its a sign saying they must make a sequil

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By KingBroly

Viva Pinata was good for a while, but it kinda burned out fast.  Maybe a bit too fast.  I tried picking it up a couple of months ago and I couldn't play it for more than maybe 5 minutes.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Colossal flops?

Well, if you say so.....

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 166

#12  Edited By zh666

another one is Namco.  Soul Calibur 2 was not only the best selling Soul Calibur game, but it sold the best by a large margin on the Gamecube, when Soul Calibur III was PS2 only, it kinda flopped... another one is Tales of Symphonia which happens to be the best selling Tales of game to date with over a million sold.  They desided to slap the next two Tales of games on the PS2 only, Legendia flopped hard and Abyss barely scrapped past 250,000 sales..

and don't forget Rare's flop record since leaving the Nintendo fold..

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By godzilla_sushi
zh666 said:
"another one is Namco.  Soul Calibur 2 was not only the best selling Soul Calibur game, but it sold the best by a large margin on the Gamecube, when Soul Calibur III was PS2 only, it kinda flopped... another one is Tales of Symphonia which happens to be the best selling Tales of game to date with over a million sold.  They desided to slap the next two Tales of games on the PS2 only, Legendia flopped hard and Abyss barely scrapped past 250,000 sales..

and don't forget Rare's flop record since leaving the Nintendo fold.."

Define flop for me please.

Rare's games have sold pretty well, and been critically well recieved....
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
zh666 said:
"another one is Namco.  Soul Calibur 2 was not only the best selling Soul Calibur game, but it sold the best by a large margin on the Gamecube, when Soul Calibur III was PS2 only, it kinda flopped... another one is Tales of Symphonia which happens to be the best selling Tales of game to date with over a million sold.  They desided to slap the next two Tales of games on the PS2 only, Legendia flopped hard and Abyss barely scrapped past 250,000 sales..

and don't forget Rare's flop record since leaving the Nintendo fold.."
I'd say Rare's only flops have been that zombie crap on the Xbox and Perfect Dark Zero. It wasn't a terrible game, but was in no way worthy of the PD name.