• 94 results
Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Harknett

Still just playing PC/PS3 games. I really like what they have done with the PS4, but the games aren't there to justify the cost yet.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got one. More because I wanted to get a next gen console so I picked up PS4. I do play on it. Mostly Battlefield 4. Watched too much Netflix on it as well cause I wanted to finish seeing Supernatural. But my PC has been seeing more action because of Marvel Heroes.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would like to get a PS4 eventually but i'll wait until some more games come out or they release some nice bundle deals.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't understand how you guys can automatically consign your old consoles to storage once the next gen hit.

It wasn't much of an issue. After having played GTA V and the latest Ratchet & Clank, there's no interesting (for me) games coming out anymore for PS3. Dark Souls 2 could potentially be one, but I'll just buy the PC-version of that if I really want to try it. I haven't replayed/gone back to any finished games in years either with just a very few exceptions, so don't need to have it around for that either (not to mention that I sold most of my games anyway). Still got a few co-op games left, but those get played so rarely that it's not a good enough reason for keeping it around. If I do however get an urge to play some game, I can just buy a pc-version of it if possible and hopefully in the distant future, use the Playstation Now service as well.

...I guess that's it. Only other thing I ever did with PS3 was watching movies/Netflix and PS4 can do that as well.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By monkeyking1969

Bought a PS4, bought a good game (Assassins Creed 4), and I'm happy. I think the only downside of PS4 is it will take awhile before all my friends have one, but I don't think that has much up/down to do with hype...maybe there needs to be more hype?

I just got CoD:Ghost two weeks ago, so now I'm playing that. Again, it okay so I really don't see a downside.

I suppose the next few months will be thin unless you like indie games. Although Februray has few large games coming, after that the pace starts to slow until summer. From April to June there is one big game a month, that might be worth picking up, for PS4 as far as I can tell..IMO. That is thin if you don't pick up that game and if you are not moved by the indie title that is on offer that month. That is why I picked up CoD:Ghost, you can play that online for months, it is a good 'go to' game. I'll probably pick up Second Son, Drive Club, and I am interested in War Thunder even though it is a free to play.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By bluefish

I bought a Ps4 for the promise of games to come. I wasn't expecting the world at launch, and that's exactly what I got.

What he said. I've really enjoyed Resogun and ACIV but most of my time has been on my Vita, 360 and PS3.

I figured this year will be pretty dry so I'm going back and cleaning out my backlog, maybe picking up indi games here and there on sale.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Did not give a shit. I need a game to convince me. What new console exclusives exist that are even remotely interesting? Honestly, as far as games that would sell me a console go, Nintendo has the most of them. Not that I really plan on buying a Wii U anytime soon. And I'm already getting a pretty good Nintendo fix from my 3DS. It's enough for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm excited that PC ports will start looking better now.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting.

Bought a new tv to serve as a second screen (Primary for controller games) on my PC.

I'll wait about a year after launch, maybe even for the slim versions of each.

Avatar image for underscore_underscore
Underscore_Underscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly just bought my PS4 at launch because this was the first time i could buy a console at launch with my own money. I got Killzone at launch and had fun with it, but traded it in for battlefield 4 a couple weeks ago (servers are actually decent now). Mostly just looking forward to Infamous, Metal Gear, and Outlast (free for ps plus).

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a ps4 at launch so that when that game came out that I really wanted, I only need to drop $60 on it, not $460. Worked out pretty well, since that game will likely be infamous, and I'll be dropping money on a computer upgrade around that time, leaving no extra money for a game system.

THEBIGZED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By THEBIGZED

I'm starting to consider getting a PS4 but I just need more and better games. Let's see how this year's E3 and the lead up to it go and I'll reconsider.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hermes

No... I will wait until there is a reasonable catalog of games I want to play.

So far, it seems like the most interesting games are perfectly playable on the last generation.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By musubi

Bought a PS4 and no regrets. Getting ready to play some Tomb Raider and still play Battlefield. Good stuff.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Nope. Still nothing of interest on them.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bought them both but my expectations have been mostly met. I wasn't that hyped for them, but I just wanted new boxes and I knew they would suck for a while especially game wise. Dead Rising was a ton of fun at least.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yes but I would've gotten one within the year so I don't mind that I bought a PS4 and its main use is Amazon Prime. Games will eventually come and right now I'm playing games off my backlog instead of adding to it, so win win. Currently playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I buy Sony and MS consoles every time they come out with a new one. I do this because I want to. I always enjoy them both. The end.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I wouldn't call it buying into the next gen hype - just buying the next evolution of console. I went with the PS4 and like the games so far. Looking at the frame rate and overall reaction to games on the PS4, it seems I picked a good console to start with. I'll eventually get an XBOX ONE though, but the PS4 is going to be my go to console this gen.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By rickyyo

I bought an Xbox one for the exclusives I liked which all happened to be there on launch. I'll get a PS4 when Ratchet and Clank comes out. Sadly that is the only game I care about on Sony systems cause the rest of their exclusives are garbage. (Or left a very bad first impressions)

Also, if your going to ask ... yes I bought a PS3 for ratchet and clank games. PS2 was a different story.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By ttocs

@rickyyo said:

I bought an Xbox one for the exclusives I liked which all happened to be there on launch. I'll get a PS4 when Ratchet and Clank comes out. Sadly that is the only game I care about on Sony systems cause the rest of their exclusives are garbage. (Or left a very bad first impressions)

Also, if your going to ask ... yes I bought a PS3 for ratchet and clank games. PS2 was a different story.

Garbage? Really? Last of Us won multiple game of the year awards last year. Uncharted did the same in previous years - on multiple occasions. Infamous is a solid game as well. Not liking them is one thing, but saying they are garbage is just wrong.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HerbieBug

Still waiting. There are no games. Where are the games? It's not even just the lack of games currently available, but the announced and in development list is paltry thin. Soft. Light. Weak.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Franstone

Never...
The only hype I'm subjected to is my own excitement bouncing around in my head.
I could have not used the internet for the past 2 years and still be pumped about some new consoles arriving.
Enjoying my Xbox One.
Thief, Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Ground Zeros, I'm patiently waiting.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Didn't buy into it and i'm starting to think i never will. This could be the first generation i forgo buying a console entirely. Microsoft has exactly zero exclusives i care about and has much fun as i had with Sony's first party stuff last generation i'm just about done with all of them. I trust those studios to put out quality but if it's just going to be sequels to PS3 franchises i'm out. And don't get me started about Nintendo!

Besides, the next time i have 400$ to put on gaming hardware the first priority remains a graphics card and who knows when the next 400$ will come after that.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#75  Edited By MormonWarrior

Xbox One commercials have been driving me nuts. They're making the thing sound like the future of mankind with quotes from sources that couldn't have less of a clue about the video games industry as a whole. It's really bogus and obnoxious.

So to answer the OP, nope. I got a Wii U though. It's pretty rad.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm waiting on Destiny. It seems like the next game I "need" to play that's not coming out on PC. Seems like PS4 is more likely because I'll want to buy Final Fantasy.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hippie_genocide

Yes. Why? Because Greatness Awaited Me.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By spraynardtatum

I totally bought into the hype. It was a really exciting and eventful time in gaming. I've never really seen anything like it. I got the PS4 and I think it's great.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes? No? I wasn't really that hyped for either, but then I watched a few Killer Instinct videos and thought, "wow, I really want to play that game!" then I got an Xbox One...

I don't really feel like I bought into any hype, but either way, yeah, I'm still enjoying it. More games would be nice though.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veektarius: FFXV is coming to both Xbox and PS4. I'm not sure why people assume Square-Enix games are PlayStation exclusives.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

danielhonigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By danielhonigman

Have to say I did. I got a PS4 on launch day, but only waited 10 minutes in line. (Figured some stuff out about retailers, hours of operation, etc. that saved me a bunch of hassle.)

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Grimluck343

Picked up both a PS4 and XBone, enjoying the ride so far.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By topsteer

Nope, I probably won't get both consoles for at least a year or two. There's still plenty of games already out and coming out that will keep me busy. Aside from new tech lust, the new consoles won't be interesting until a couple of years.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't buy a PS4 or a Xbox One because I have a beefy PC.

Probably still won't pick one up until I see Kingdom Hearts 3.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got an xbox one, I'll get a ps4 when ANYTHING I want to play comes out on it. I play a bunch of forza, try dead rising time and again, play peggle, wife likes zuumba. It has fast wireless too so unlike ps3 I can stream HD movies with no issue from Netflix, amazon, whatever. Still mostly play on PC though. I still have DC, xbox, 360, ps3 hooked up to a TV, but I don't have much time to play games so I don't touch them much. So... couple months I'll get a ps4. Any good driving game would do it for me, or something else interesting.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not going to buy one until there's at least 10 objectively good games for it. I am quite impressed with how good at marketing Sony is and how terrible Microsoft is however.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I did a little with the PS4, never liked the XBone but ultimately I didn't see a single title I wanted so I built a PC instead. Thus far I feel very happy with my choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope and I don't really see any real point for maybe even 2014. There's not going to be many games that I'll only be able to play on PS4 (I've already decided that's what I'll get eventually) only and that will be that remarkably different. If FFXV was coming out in 2014, I may be tempted but I have no faith in SE right now, so probably not until 2015.

And while people will say (and they're correct to an extent) there's not going to be any price cuts in 2014 (and 2015 probably), when I do get it, I'll get a bundle which will give me a lot more value than a day one console purchase ever would and have a much greater catalog of games and (with PS+) will have like 14 games to play from the day I get it.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's probably a long shot, but if Sony doesn't announce a bundle, price drop, redesign or whatever by the end E3 I might have to break down and buy a PS4.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought a PS4 and had a great time with AC4 and battlefield 4. Now I'm waiting for infamous, the witcher, watch dogs, destiny, demon's souls 2 (OH PLEASE GOD LET IT BE TRUE), dragon age and other stuff. Looking at the release calendar I'm not disapointed at all.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By agentboolen

@gard3: ehhh not sure if 1080p at 60fps is really hype. They are much more powerful machines then the consoles before them. For me i have not bought yet but would like to later on when some more games are out. For which one probably the ps4, Microsoft looks like there losing it. But a good beefed up pc with steam is also something to consider. Consider me undecided but leaning to ps4.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took my PS4 money and put it into a 3DS. No regrets.

I'll probably be grabbing a PS4 this fall, depending on how Infamous, The Order and the rest of the first party lineup looks like (will Driveclub be hot garbage?!). Nothing really pulling me away from portables/PS3/360 yet.

I'm only curious about Sunset Overdrive on the Xbox side, but $560 is a bit much for "curiosity".

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#94  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I feel like I'm part of a rare small percentile, but maybe it's just the way the internet skews everything to the negative.

I was super excited to get a PS4, bought it and some games, and played them a bunch in december. More recently I've been clearing out my PS3 backlog. I'm happy to wait for more games to come out later (maybe get Thief, definitely get inFamous) and slowly build up the library. If half of 2014's games actually land it'll be a great first year for PS4.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First week of January I had a $500 gift card to GameStop from work, and a PoweredUp Rewards coupon for triple points on any one purchase. So I walked in bought a PS4, Killzone, and an extra controller.

Of course two weeks later I unplugged my PS4, and returned to playing my massive backlog of PS3 games.