Did you ever get to participate in TNT?

• 115 results
Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So why did they stop doing TNT? It looks like it was a popular program.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@fobwashed said:

paging @rolyatkcinmai for inside TNT stories.

Hola. Yeah. I set up a ton of them with Ryan. I miss those days.

One time Ryan texted me at 6pm asking if he could use the BF3 server for TNT which started in one hour. I was nowhere near home. Took a huge effort and lots of the other admins to get it setup in time and I took over at like 7:30. Think we did three BF3 TNTs in total. They were good fun. Dave (Snider) and I would fuck around in jets for the ten minutes prior to TNT going live.

The Chivalry TNT was one of the best ones I did. Drew was my contact on that one. The server actually went down once, but it was right when they were finishing up Skulls of the Shogun so I told Drew to delay by 2 mins. If you watch the archive, you can't even tell there was an issue. Good stuff.

We did a TF2 MvM one at one point where the password was ericpope. Vinny was to reveal it on stream and I *assumed* it would work so when he was saying it, I said it aloud in the Giant Bomb mumble simultaneously. Of course the stream image goofed, so the password didn't go out, so the server filled with people from the Mumble. My fault, obviously. Jeff noticed on stream and called me out on it haha. My bad. I spent the entire game healing Ryan which had the unintended effect of my name being on screen for two hours. I got hundreds of Steam adds.

On the consoles, I used to join on Ryan's name before invites went out because we were friends on XBL. The TNT for the original Forza Horizon I'm in every single group of six because I'm an asshole. Same with a NFS that Jeff did.

Edit: Also, I'm the "Hey, Ryan" guy from whatever that comedy night game was for XBLIG. 11:40 here; http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-111512/2300-6807/

Avatar image for mayormikeackbar
MayorMikeAckbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I got to play Super Monday Night Combat on TNT when they did it. I remember that Ryan was choosing people based on their name and wanted to get me in the game but I had fallen asleep while the first half of that TNT was going on so I got invited but missed the first couple of matches. After waking up I actually joined I think the last or one of the last matches which made Ryan glad that I got to join the match. I'm probably never going to change my username because of that TNT.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My only participation for a TNT was making an image for the photoshop thread and it getting used as a banner, which was for a StarCraft 2 TNT thing. The image in question was one with a couple of hundred Brad "photobomb" Shoemaker heads on zerglings from a SC2 screenshot before the game came out.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No but sooo close. It was for a fighting game TNT. Jeff had just won and so I was next but then the 360 on his end locked up so I ended up missing out.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Rafaelfc

my name appeared on screen during the NFL Blitz TNT.

It counts as a participation for me, dammit!

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#107 riostarwind  Moderator

I never managed to get into a TNT since it was mostly 360 games. But I did love to watch it. Whenever I go back to watch old GB videos TNT's are usually on the top of my list of videos to watch.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was there during the craziness that happened during the PSO 2 TNT.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I played in a bunch; but my favourite was the Quake 3 TNT. I won a few rounds (I can't remember what my username was, maybe Bassman2112) which felt awesome =)

Played in a few Trackmania, BF3, and TF2

Dan_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I played GoldenEye 007 on the Wii with Alex and then my Wii's disc drive broke.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I always wanted to but I was not very good at 99.9% of the games they played on TNT so I just never tried. The only game I knew I could legitimately hold my own in was NFL Blitz and I was working that day when they played it. I'm still super bummed about that :(

On the bright side, that show did produce one of my favorite moments in TNT history:

Loading Video...

secretfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't remember if I showed up in during the stream or not but I did manage to get into the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game they had going during the Lucasarts memorial TNT.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mistzero: it was Ryan's show. No Ryan (R.I.P.) no show.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I made it onto one TNT. The game was Team Fortress 2. I killed Dave twice. I was a decent sniper back then.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Any chance I got I tried to get in... but I never lucked out. I think I remember desperately trying with MVSC3.

LotsOfZazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played in the track mania one. It was a lot of fun. I really liked the terrible dubstep on that server.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in the very first one for Halo 2 (before it was called TNT). I killed Ryan, then quickly turned to my PC to see myself killing Ryan.

That was my highlight with this site. I can't hang with the kids now.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I certainly contributed to destroying servers when they played PC games I liked. Sorry guys...

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but fuck if i remember what one. Maybe a COD? Or battlefield? Might have happened multiple times