Did you follow your dreams? Or are you going to?

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CornontheCobbe

When i was younger i aspired to grow up and study forensic science, or criminology. (This was way before any sort of influence from TV shows like CSI or whatnot)

However i am going to be studying Computer Science in college next year. (Taking the year off to work this year) A bit of a subject change alright.

So, did you follow what aspirations you wanted to be when you were younger? Or are you studying / preparing to study for / doing what you wanted to?

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pox22

Graduated high school wanting to be a history teacher.  Currently a junior in college, majoring in History Education.

All according to plan.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

Meh, i want to be a novelist so i'm in the process of writing a novel. I'm only 20 though, so i'm not that worried about finishing it in a hurry.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to live in Rennaissance Italy . . . 
So I guess something that has to do with history?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

My dreams are pretty fucked up. I don't think I would want to follow them.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By artofwar420

I wanted to be an astronaut (see avatar), then again I was an idiot back then. Like most kids my brain hadn't fully developed. But my current dreams, I'm very much on track there.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always loved art, almost decided on studying boring architecture due to money, then i realized this would be a huge waste of my life. Now im pursuing a career with concept art/illustration.  

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By blair

I'm going to be an investment banker keeping it real... I wanted to be a lawyer as a kid so I went pretty far off course.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SSValis

When I was around 13 I used to be really good at basketball. In grade school they would just draw up plays where our whole team was on one side and I was on the other so I could get to the basket easier and pretty much scored all the points. 
So when I got to high school I joined and was not nearly as effective and I sort of lost my interest. In the area where i lived all the basketball teams are just dirty and rough with no talent. Also The whole team was just gangster wannabes. 
Even when I was young I knew in my head that I was not going to be pro or anything, but its the one thing in life I have been really good at.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

No, Society tends to frown on serial killers.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By turboman

I wanted to work on video games 
I was in college to get a Computer Science degree..... 
I said fuck this 
now I'm in college for a Mathematics & Statistics degree... 

so no.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ArbitraryWater said:
" My dreams are pretty fucked up. I don't think I would want to follow them. "
Whatever they are, I'm sure I've had far worse. As for me, yes, I've made it fairly obvious that I intend to follow my dreams.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bjorno

i dont have any dreams so i'm already ahead of all you punks.

AdventChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By AdventChild

When I grow up, I want to be a dinosaur.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I wanted to be a secret agent.

It's a no-go. :(

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16  Edited By Vinchenzo

I've always wanted to work in the video game industry, and I'm going to still attempt to do so. Albeit, now I'm a bit more realistic. I'm going to take animation, but if a good job outside of the video game industry comes along, then I'll probably take it. Pixar should hire me. :D

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shirogane

I have no dreams, they were all destroyed... 

I still have a little shred of hope that the world will be destroyed in some grand fashion, and i'll get to be there as humans die out horribly...
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm not much of a dreamer though, I feel it's better to aim for what you want and fail along the way than never even try.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@Shirogane said:
" I have no dreams, they were all destroyed...  I still have a little shred of hope that the world will be destroyed in some grand fashion, and i'll get to be there as humans die out horribly... "
Well isn't that nice :)

I suppose we shall all join you in that most memorable event.
MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By MajorToms

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm going to find out where they're going and meet up with them later.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shirogane
@CornontheCobbe said:
" @Shirogane said:
" I have no dreams, they were all destroyed...  I still have a little shred of hope that the world will be destroyed in some grand fashion, and i'll get to be there as humans die out horribly... "
Well isn't that nice :)  I suppose we shall all join you in that most memorable event. "

I hope you all will, it's part of my dream that nobody gets left out =D
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Claude

Do the least amount possible just to get by. I exceeded my dream.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By breadfan

One day I will be a ninja turtle.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgentofChaos

Really I'm on the fence right now, in the crux of my life. Important times for me ahead.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kmdrkul

I had the pretty lofty dream of being a professional hockey player.  I played all my life until I got to the highest level of youth AAA level hockey, then at the same moment that season ended, college started... and I realized that for all the hard work I had done trying to get onto junior teams, going to tryout camps hoping to be scouted and picked up, I wasn't having any fun anymore.  All the pressure coming from my parents, my coaches, and myself led to hockey becoming something that I wish it never had been, and at that moment, I realized I just didn't want to play anymore.  So I went to college to become a journalist, and that's where I am now. 

I took a good year-long sabbatical from hockey before finally stepping back on the ice; not on a team, just by myself. 

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By I_smell

I wanted to make games since like forever, and I do. Wait, that sounds like everything worked out. It didn't.
I started makin web games when I was in school. At first it was a hobby, but then it turned into a real thing when a game I made earned $3500. Then 1000, 3250, 4500, and today 10,000. I still make web games; I actually don't care about money but I allways open with that cos otherwise nobody wants to hear the rest. Makin small games on your own is great fun once you get over the first few hurdles.

I did a games development course at college. I actually learned nothing about making games there, it was more of a media course that I was suckered into. Which is fine, cos it got me my first job at an indpendant games studio. At the time I was lookin at universities, but- I don't wanna sound like a dick here- they told me it wasn't worth doing cos I can allready animate, and I should just find a job.
So I did; at an independant games studio. It was fun at first, I liked the work and I really got on with the guys there. Seriously, I'll work all day if anyone asks, cos I like doing it. Which is when it became a problem- hours of unpayed overtime every day. Like 12 hours a day 5 days a week, comin in Saturday and I was on track to come in Sunday. I kept it up for months, but my parents were goin mental. I was working more hours than them and gettin payed pretty much nothing. Then the boss was callin me into meetings for bein late and my life had turned into a mess, so I quit. Which is just as well, cos the boss was makin promises he can't keep, conning people,wasting time, seriously wasting money, takin money off students (he worked at a university teaching game design), I didn't even like the game they were makin.
Maybe it's a bit dickish to say, but I don't think that guy even knew how to make good games.

Since then I've bin unemployed and I don't feel like making games again.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cornman89

Plan to teach modern American Lit whilst writing on the side.

Currently an undergrad in English.

So far, so good.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dbz1995

I have a dream of being a big man with dark hair, a great wife and 3 children-an older daughter and two twin boys. I'll live in a great mansion where I'd give my old gaming possessions to my boys and the wife would give her possessions to the daughter. My children would play Yu-Gi-Oh over the sunset, and I would laugh and watch them play, reminiscing of the times I used to play with my brother. He would occasionally come with his wife, and we'd all live as a large family with only beauty ahead of us. A job? I don't care for my job as such, as I don't know what I truly love to do, but I know I would gladly sacrifice myself for this dream to come true. 
      My wife is not arranged to be married with me, as my mother desperately wants now, yet my mother understands this and accepts it. I manage to cook and help cook with my wife and kids, and we may even have a pet dog or cat. The twins would grow up in completely different ways-I'd probably let one play a lot with my brother's children moreso, and he'd grow up doing circket or something-and they'll end up being completely different people. My elder daughter would be like a third authority for the twins, who wowuld be trouble-makers, but beloved children, nonetheless.
      I'm still working on this dream.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By I_smell

I dreamed once I was covered in bees, it was real bad!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't have any dreams.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DCFGS3

I've got a dream, but even if I can't fulfill it fully, there's lots of nice stops on the way.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King
@I_smell said:
" I dreamed once I was covered in bees, it was real bad! "
Hey! BioShock is a great game, and I won't have you insult its quality!
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By K0rN

Currently trying to write a book to make some serious cash.
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By babblinmule

I always dreamt of living in the land of the rising sun. And hey presto, im being shipped off on 23rd May to teach English in a school in Tokyo!

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By cap123

i wanted to be a soccer/football player when i was younger and that was never going to happen lol.

however i've always enjoyed art and am becoming an illustrator so to some extent yeah. I've chosen enjoyment over money.

PaddyMcFinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PaddyMcFinn

Wanted to be a musician...so I made an album and released it on amazon on Feb. 2nd, 2010. I sold 9 copies so far...3 to me, 5 to my parents...and 1 to someone I knew in high school. So, I'm pretty much failing at that. So I'm going to school next January to become an actor. And there will be much rejoicing.....yay...

Fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fudgeblood
@Shirogane said:
I'm the exact same.. small world, huh?
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Jeust

I'm following them all, though the future can be a little scary.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39  Edited By JonathanMoore

I wanted to be a Musician, I am now doing a Music Uni course. So yes in short.