Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

If Willem Dafoe..starred in Die Hard
If Willem Dafoe..starred in Die Hard

Anyone else remember the joy of smashing a Grandfather clock over a firemans head? It wasn't quite as inventive as the Die Hard Trilogy game, but it had me hooked all the same.

Used to play this  constantly in the arcades, truthfully I was never too addicted to the arcade machines. Couple of games of House of the Dead and I'd move on. But DHA, I put enough coins towards that to probably afford a sega saturn and an actual copy of DHA. 
I never did purchase it though, only had the demo i remember, to which i also spent countless hours just spamming playthroughs of that same first level. 

Personally, I'm still hoping for this baby to be put up on Xbox live, well that and alot of other saturn titles. Ex. Burning Rangers!
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By therabidfrog

I believe this remains one of only  5 games I have ever finished in an actual arcade. Always enjoyed it myself.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By handlas

I remember playing it in the arcade.

Then come to find out later that it really had nothing to do with Die Hard.  It was some other game and then they just slapped Die Hard on there to sell it more in the US I guess.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I had that on Sega Saturn.  It was great times had by all.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

Ah, Dynamite Deka. Good series, I had the Saturn version and the DC sequel.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunnBjorn

The only arcade game i ever finished was Alien 3: The Gun. 
To be totally disappointed by the ending... 
Arcade games... coin-munchers they were rightiously called! 

P.S. 
Will Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder ever be released on Xbox Live or Wii Channel? 
That'd be so cool!    
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

HELL YEAH!

Wait a second...nevermind.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Cool game.  I'm a sucker for any sort of decent beat em up, this was no exception.  I liked Fighting Force as well if anyone played that one.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jonnyboy
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" Cool game.  I'm a sucker for any sort of decent beat em up, this was no exception.  I liked Fighting Force as well if anyone played that one. "
I loved Fighting Force. Not that it was a good game, on the contrary it was terrible. But I loved it.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By breadfan

I remember playing a demo for Die Hard Trilogy on some demo disk.  I don't remember much, but it seemed pretty cool through my young eyes. 

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonnyboy said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

" Cool game.  I'm a sucker for any sort of decent beat em up, this was no exception.  I liked Fighting Force as well if anyone played that one. "
I loved Fighting Force. Not that it was a good game, on the contrary it was terrible. But I loved it. "
Agreed, it was fun but it wasn't that well crafted. That style of beat em up is almost always fun to me no matter what (almost, because The Bouncer sucked balls).   Shame they don't make new entries in the genre very often anymore.  The Warriors is also one of my favorite games from last gen, proving the beat em up still is viable but no one really makes em anyways.  Too bad.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scarace360

dude this one place that sells food near me has this machine and its awesome wish i could finish it.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By jonnyboy
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" @jonnyboy said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

I loved Fighting Force. Not that it was a good game, on the contrary it was terrible. But I loved it. "
Agreed, it was fun but it wasn't that well crafted. That style of beat em up is almost always fun to me no matter what (almost, because The Bouncer sucked balls).   Shame they don't make new entries in the genre very often anymore.  The Warriors is also one of my favorite games from last gen, proving the beat em up still is viable but no one really makes em anyways.  Too bad. "
Please tell me you're talking about Rockstar's Warriors not that shitty XBLA game. I'm convinced the people that made that game have never a) Seen the Warriors, and b) Ever played a side scrolling beat em up. Rockstar's version I loved though, and I played it on the PSP also, it was a perfect conversion in your pocket! Bonus!
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonnyboy said:
"
Please tell me you're talking about Rockstar's Warriors not that shitty XBLA game. I'm convinced the people that made that game have never a) Seen the Warriors, and b) Ever played a side scrolling beat em up. Rockstar's version I loved though, and I played it on the PSP also, it was a perfect conversion in your pocket! Bonus! "
Of course not that XBLA crap, unbelivable garbage.  That side scrolling arcade mode in Rockstar's The Warriors game was even a million times better than that shitty game.  But yeah, The Warriors is one of the most underrated games of last generation IMO and pretty much showed everyone how to update the beat em up (bring in elements from other genres and mix up the gameplay) yet no one has picked up the torch.  It's a shame.
Dungeonbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dungeonbuster

Still have this for my Saturn. So much fun with co-op.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

When quick time events were super cool.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Rayfield
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
The Warriors is one of the most underrated games of last generation IMO and pretty much showed everyone how to update the beat em up (bring in elements from other genres and mix up the gameplay) yet no one has picked up the torch.  It's a shame. "

This.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JJOR64

All I remember is the shitty Die Hard NES game.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheFreeMan

When I was very young I played through the first level. I remember a quick-time where I got hit by a fireaxe, which took down a bunch of my health, but then I just beat the hell out of the guy in-game.

Good times. I haven't gone to an honest-to-god arcade in a long time.