[Difficulty Setting] Rage

lorijho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By lorijho

Seeing as I find myself guessing what difficulty setting best fits my style and skill before I start a new game, I've decided to blog about it on a regular basis. I'm counting on you guys to share your experience with each title.

No Caption Provided

So, yeah, Rage. Let me give you a bit of background information. I have played many first person shooters and have been playing id Software games since the original PC release of Wolfenstein 3D in 1992. As such, Rage for me, is best experienced on Hard as this mode provides a real challenge while keeping things enjoyable (as opposed to punishingly difficult).

As always, feel free to share your experience with the game.

Cheers,

Laurent

lorijho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lorijho

Seeing as I find myself guessing what difficulty setting best fits my style and skill before I start a new game, I've decided to blog about it on a regular basis. I'm counting on you guys to share your experience with each title.

No Caption Provided

So, yeah, Rage. Let me give you a bit of background information. I have played many first person shooters and have been playing id Software games since the original PC release of Wolfenstein 3D in 1992. As such, Rage for me, is best experienced on Hard as this mode provides a real challenge while keeping things enjoyable (as opposed to punishingly difficult).

As always, feel free to share your experience with the game.

Cheers,

Laurent

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By csl316

I play most games on hard, because that's when you need to get into the nuances of any combat system.  You basically get the most out of the game, I feel.  Rage falls in that category.  The AI's awesome, and once you start running into well equipped military squads... shit gets real.  You'll need some skillful aiming, but tactics and wise use of your equipment come into play, too.  

Playing the co-op missions on hard was some of the most fun I had in a shooter last year.

oasis789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By oasis789

I like games where you're not stuck at any difficulty level and can adjust it if things feel too easy or too hard

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bwast

What an extravagant post for such a mundane message.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

I don't like difficulty settings in most games because instead of making the A.I. smarter 99% of the time it just makes them do stupid amounts of damage and have way more health.

I liked Dead Space 2's hardcore mode, that added quite a lot to the experience for me, that game must have been such a cake walk on normal.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sopranosfan

@oasis789 said:

I like games where you're not stuck at any difficulty level and can adjust it if things feel too easy or too hard

Me too. I was playing a game a little while ago(can't remember which one or even the difficulty level) and I run into a rough spot pretty early in the game and was thinking about switching the level down and when I realized I couldn't in the game I went ahead and restarted then and switched difficulty because I would have hated getting to like the final boss or battle and then hitting a wall and not being able to finish and deciding to have to restart then.