Digital Foundry lied about their Halo Infinite Analysis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Person made an interesting and VERY ENTERTAINING analysis of Digital Foundry's video for Halo Infinite

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I try not to be negative but man this dude sucks. I had to skip to the part where he finally talked about DF and when I heard the line ‘they compare it to PS4 games (the lighting) and that’s irrelevant because that shit’s last gen’ I checked out.

plan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By plan6

How is that video 26 minutes long? I can’t even with this people being upset about graphics for counsels that are not even our yet. This is worse than people getting mad about sports in the off season.

Edit: that is the saddest YouTube channel I’ve ever seen. 3 hour videos talking about Sony vs Microsoft. These are the people that make video games the worst.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Digital Foundry's earned my trust after years of doing their thing better than anyone. From a technical perspective, I really can't take criticism of their content seriously unless they flat out make a mistake now and then.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny gaming channel YouTuber, with an obvious fandom axe to grind, tries to make name for himself by putting out a hit piece on Digital Foundry, some of the most respected people in gaming culture.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Oh I didn't expect a whole Game Pass conspiracy theory tied into this as well. This is very layered!

GiantRobot24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a bad video. There were some questionable looking textures in that reveal, but that was something else.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Onemanarmyy

You had me at VERY INTERESTING. Capslock does attract me.

Also this thread is pretty much 'hey check this video out', which is against the community rules. You at least have to do a write up about whats so interesting about this video

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DF are awesome, I love how they try to mention Far Cry in almost every video, because they have Far Cry Fan Number one on the staff, he even has his copy of the game in many of the shots :)

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any youtube video with the framing of "[Industry Authority X] lied/was dishonest!" is immediately suspect.

the well-considered approach would be "we've done an analysis and we found a contrary result; here's what we've found and draw your own conclusions." but my suspicion is this video isn't really concerned with setting the public record straight purely in service of the truth.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Betteridge would take issue with that headline.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This dude is ignorant of how games are made and how graphical effects are produced. Why did I waste my time watching most of this. I feel dumber now.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Man gets angry at lack of detail on unfinished video game."

News at 11!

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP did you make this video

AKTANE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DF has literally the most objective and honest technical critiques in gaming simply because they provide all of us a "free" technical service, AND often ask the developers exactly what is happening to ensure their thoughts are included, AND explain it thoroughly and carefully while providing evidence.

Oh wait was I supposed to click on the video :P

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JasonR86

@flatblack:

I'm thinking he probably did. If so, sorry for saying you suck. You specifically don't suck. This video sucks.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jasonr86: Nah, OP sucks if he did make this and shilled it on here.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#20 FinalDasa  Moderator

Gonna lock this one up. I appreciate wanting to bring varied opinions to the forums but slapping a borderline conspiracy theory video ain't it.