mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mrfluke

totally agree, this year has been great for games,

also id add forza horizon, and xcom to that list.

and tekken tag tournament 2 and doa 5 if u like fighting games

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#52  Edited By Little_Socrates

I wrote a long thing, but none of it was very well-written. Suffice it to say "I pretty well agree" and "there have been some overblown reactions on both sides."

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By TheHT

Agreed.

Spec Ops, Walking Dead, Sleeping Dogs, Hotline Miami, XCOM, Mark of the Ninja, PS All Stars, Syndicate, and probably more are all games I either expected to be crap, not for me, or just never saw coming.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By colourful_hippie

@BoOzak said:

This year got off to a pretty good start but it kind of fizzled towards the end. (E3 really didnt help) I agree there were a lot of good games but there werent that many great ones in my opinion.

I don't know man, Far Cry 3 is pretty nice bang to finish the year with.

@TheHT: I don't know about PS All Stars, that game looks too bland, has a weak roster, and just makes me want to play Super Smash Bros instead. I do need to get to playing Xcom though.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By BoOzak

@Colourful_Hippie: I'm enjoying Far Cry 3 aswell but it seems like a very by the numbers game, there's a lot to do but nothing's that engaging. Saying that I enjoy the Elder Scrolls games which basicly have the same problem. Difference is that's an RPG. I guess what I'm saying is I havent been amazed by any game this year, Mass Effect 3 came the closest despite it's obvious flaws.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By TheHT

@Colourful_Hippie: I thought so too. My initial thought was that it was obviously trying to evoke Smash Bros but arbitrarily changed the combat system to avoid a lawsuit. Surprisingly, it turned out to be lots of fun.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By laserbolts

Dishonored was a pretty awesome game that is definetly in my top 3 this year. Mark of the ninja was hands down the best downloadable of the year. Or even of this generation. Borderlands 2 was really good. Halo 4 multiplayer is fantastic. The Darkness 2 was pretty good even if it was short as hell. Dust and Trials were great downloadables. The Witcher 2 for 360 was a pretty amazing game. Mass Effect 3 was fantastic even though the ending was rough. Max Payne 3 was pretty good if not a little disappointing. Damn this was a great year for games. Probably better than last year for me.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By vikingdeath1

I was looking at my Downloaded games on my Xbox this morning and counted Mark of the Ninja, Dust an Elysian Tale, Trials Evolution and Spelunky as 4 of my favorite games this year.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By mike

If you haven't played Mark of The Ninja...check it out. This was a great year for downloadables.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Spec Ops: The Line should be on the surprise list. I bought that game thinking I was going to be ripped off $60... only to have it completely baffle my brain with awesomeness.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#61  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I love that this year saw four of my favorite series get rebooted, and all turned out from surprisingly not bad to awesome. I was shocked that Jagged Alliance: BIA actually wound up not sucking. SSX was immensely fun, though it needs a little something more in a hoped-for sequel to really have some staying power. Syndicate remains on my to-be-played list, but looked friggin' awesome. And XCOM just completely blew me away. I love Firaxis. They just get so much right.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@Sackmanjones: @Colourful_Hippie: @AlisterCat: I really want to play Spec Ops, but I heard it was pretty short and am waiting for it to go down in price. Amazon has it at 37 now, is it worth that?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#63  Edited By alistercat

@CrossTheAtlantic: I got it for £4 on green man gaming but that's for PC. Probably not worth a lot of money if you don't already know you'll like it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Sackmanjones
@CrossTheAtlantic if say wait. It was o5 bucks like a few weeks ago and since the Christmas steam sale is comin just wait or it then.
Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@AlisterCat: It's hard to say if I'll like it since I've intentionally kept myself in the dark about a lot of it. I'm very intrigued by whatever sort of "commentary" it's packing, but it still seems like something to wait for a deal to grab. Not totally sure why.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By colourful_hippie

@CrossTheAtlantic: Like the others have said definitely wait for a sale. The game isn't impressing me at all so far so I'm glad I got it for $5 on Amazon when it was on sale. Expect to see it for around the same price when Steam Winter Sale comes around.

zpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By zpa

I agree with you on how this was actually a really surprising year in games, and I think downloadable games had a really strong showing this year, lots of fantastic downloadable titles.

Also Asura's Wrath looks god damn crazy. Might pick it up at some point, looks really fun.