Dislike winning, but enjoy competition.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Diamond_Lime

Speaking of multiplayer games in particular, but not exclusively, I get no joy from winning, or coming first in games.

I always like someone to be better than me, and the confusing thing is, if someone is better than me at a game, and that game appeals to me, I want to be better than them at it, and if I do get to the position of being better, back to step one, the joy is gone.

Does anyone else have similar thoughts or feelings?

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get joy in competition that is very equal and either you lose or win by real slight margins. It's like almost this camaraderie that was forged in the process of giving your all. It's like, we really had to take it to the edge there. Hard fought. And like sometimes in those situations losing is almost sweeter because next time things will go differently.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Diamond_Lime

@thefizz: Yeah that's a thought.

If there's a game where 2 people are equally as good, I enjoy the battle, but not the plunder, (The victory in this case).

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Half agree. I'm not that guy that always has to win. In shooters, I'm good with being in the middle of the board. But getting the most kills is a nice thing to see when it happens.