Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade (More info April 10th)

GKabooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GKabooz

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbkraGvmzWE (Note: It "Only in Japan arcades")

Obviously we can see Warrior Of Light, Onion Knight, Y'shtola (FFXIV) and Terra, Cloud, Lightning in teams of three.

Gameplay seems as hectic although it's still a mystery is the Assist system from 012 is used. But biggest news is a representative of FFXIV is in, bringing speculation that new Final Fantasy characters may be announced.

That said, the other news is that it's only in Japan. Japanese fighters tend to be release in arcades there before getting news if any, about a console port. Take for example Pokken...

So for those hoping this comes out on PC or consoles, cross your fingers.

p.s Hoping for Auron.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Playable Cactuar or bust.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would do unspeakable things for an HD console or PC version of Dissidia.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Zirilius

I really hope this somehow makes it way to out west. Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy is one of my favorite PSP games. I've got well over 150 hours logged into both games. Won't hold my breath but I got faith you in Square!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play the shit out of Dissidia 012 surprised they are doing another one. Come to PS4 with Online plzzzz.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

man would love to see it come to the west on a console.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The Dissidia games are incredibly fun. They were pretty much the only reason I kept my PSP around for as long as I did.

Hopefully it's just because it's early in development, but stylistically this looks way less interesting than the PSP games. 3v3 is a welcome addition though. Fights got intense, but were always missing the sort of chaos that adding more players to the fray would bring.

With any luck this'll make its way to the west on a PS3, PS4, and/or PC.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: He has only like 3 attacks, 1,000 or 10,000 needles and a kick!

Oh yeah this would be an awesome PS4 title. Can't believe they'd rather poor the money into porting a PSP title than porting this.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Hm, I'd totally play this on a console.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Jagged85

So far, the new Dissidia: Final Fantasy appears to be developed by Taito and Square Enix, using a similar game engine to their previous arcade games, the Gunslinger Stratos series of third-person shooters, but with hack & slash instead of shooting.

Since previous arcade games from Taito and Square Enix were exclusive to Asian arcades, it's unlikely the new arcade Dissidia will be released on consoles or Western arcades, but we'll have to wait and see.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By kagato

I really hope we see this on PS4 and X1 soon, with just how much they are trying to push both Final Fantasy 14 and 15 i cant imagine they would pass up on the chance to do it. At least...i hope they dont...

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is kinda interesting.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hassun

The more they turn Dissidia into an arena fighter the more interested I become.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I think this looks kinda awesome.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@jagged85 said:

So far, the new Dissidia: Final Fantasy appears to be developed by Taito and Square Enix, using a similar game engine to their previous arcade games, the Gunslinger Stratos series of third-person shooters, but with hack & slash instead of shooting.

Since previous arcade games from Taito and Square Enix were exclusive to Asian arcades, it's unlikely the new arcade Dissidia will be released on consoles or Western arcades, but we'll have to wait and see.

To add to this, I found out that Square Enix are also making another arena combat game similar to Dissidia, called School of Ragnarok, also for Japanese arcades. Along with Lord of Vermillion and Gunslinger Stratos, it seems like Square Enix has been focusing heavily on arcade games lately.