DIY Endurance Run, What game will YOU plan to finish?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By REDRUN

For those who have great title like Gears of War, God of War and Call of Duty, there is a stash of OTHER hot titles that are in our collection collecting dust. We had may of forgotten we had them, been too busy playing the other hot titles that came out about the same time, or haven't gotten the time to complete or even start.

Question:

1.) What great game titles you own but never started or completed, but willing to, someday?

For Example, my stash:

PS2:
Persona 3: FES (unopened collectors ed.)
Odin Sphere (unopened)
Ico (played only the first hour)
Final Fantasy XII (gotten past the first judge, never completed)
Shadow of the Colossus (unopened)

Xbox 360:
Condemned: Criminal Origins (played 1st hour only)
Lost Odyssey (harddrive failure and lost saves at final disc)
Gun (I hear it a GTA western and story was good)

2.) Which game do you wish to attempt to finish during this dry spell of amazing games.

As for me, I plan on finishing Final Fantasy Xii this time around.

Please come back here when you are done or quit, I like to hear stories, reviews or regrets.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ververdan0226

final fantasy XII for me as well. and dude, beat shadow of colossus already... its so good.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

You need to bust open Odin Sphere and play it.

Nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Nikita

Gonna finish Metroid Prime 3. Gonna do it.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

After I burn through Dead Space and COR: Butcher Bay/Dark Athena, I'll be Endurance Running Twilight Princess.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

Working on SF IV which will be endurance in itself. Other than that, my next plans are Ninja Gaiden II. I gave up on Mentor (3rd hardest difficulty) after, on the 3rd chapter, it threw a shit-ton of enemies at me. SOME DAY RYU HAYABUSA.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By REDRUN
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"You need to bust open Odin Sphere and play it."
I know, that Demon Sword game on the Wii looks effing amazing. First I promised myself I will finish FF12. See how hard it is to commit when there is so much temptation out there.

Lies said:
"Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: GOTY EditionThis is a monumental task."
OMFG, good for you. I played over 100 hours completing every little task that came my way. I even made a Nuclear Bomb fireball spell to kill villages in a flash or just nuke the f*cken dungeon, then profit. Microsof needs an effing BC Acheivement for that game. Its easy to get lost into the game like I did with Oblivion and Fallout 3.

ververdan0226 said:
"final fantasy XII for me as well. and dude, beat shadow of colossus already... its so good."
Dude, you are like waving a bottle of scotch in front of an alcoholic. =/ Man, its so tempting, but no...  so how long did it take to compete that game?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By StarFoxA

Fallout 3. I'm not even halfway into it.

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeoMinor

Fallout 3, Pokemon Platinum, Bully: SE, Odin Sphere, Condemned 2

Those are a few off the top of my head that I still have to finish.  And now that I'm laid off, I should have the time to finish them.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

Suikoden II, which is unopened, and Vagrant Story, which I'm roughly halfway through.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steve_C

Dude, you can go through ICO in like 4/5 hours, at least on a second playthrough. But it really is short; you should dedicate a day to going through it start to finish. Along with SotC it is required playing.

I'm still trucking through persona 3: FES; currently around mid-october in the 'the journey'. I tend to complete the games i have, at least in batches, before buying another few, so i don't really have any unopened. However a recent influx of school work to get done means i haven't played it in the last week.

I guess i want to complete batallion wars 2 which i've had for over a year now for the sake of finishing it off. I'm maybe around a third or halfway through, but it's so frustratingly adequate and uninspiring that i'm finding it rather boring, and my wii is boxed up too. The game functions, but it's gaming for the sake of gaming. I want it to be a better game but even if not, i'd rather it be extra bad just so i could have an opinion and not be so apathtic about it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

Lost Odyssey and Okami. Great games, just don't have the time to play them AND the other games I'm playing.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

working on fallout 3, and eventually i'll have to play through valkyria chronicles

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Redrun, you need to play Shadow. It's not that long but it's good. Really really good. A lot of games are bad because they try to do too much; Shadow does just enough and does it really well.

As for me, the only games that meet the criteria are Xenosaga and FF XII. I'll probably never finish Xenosaga, just too many damn cutscenes that go nowhere in the first five hours or so that drained my will to play the game. I got all the way to the end of FF XII but never beat it, didn't like it nearly as much as other FFs but I might complete it some day.

And vaguely on the subject, I'm playing Zelda: Majora's Mask for the first time right now. Can't believe I missed it when it came out and always meant to play it.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By NickM

I think that the Phoenix Wright games would make excellent endurance runs.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Persona 3 FES --It's not at all what i expected but i'll get back to it eventually.

The Legend Of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass - Just need to put it in my DSi and start all over because someone erased my save....

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Shadow

I've gotten to the airship in Final Fantasy 12 and quit because I couldn't get past the fact that at least one of those guys would go without earning any exp.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By REDRUN
Shadow said:
"I've gotten to the airship in Final Fantasy 12 and quit because I couldn't get past the fact that at least one of those guys would go without earning any exp."
That is where I left off as well, 3 years ago. So i am starting over again from the beginning. I may do some SotC in between.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ververdan0226

it took me like a dozen plus hours to beat shadow. and man was it worth it.

final fantasy XII endurance run anyone?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By REDRUN
ververdan0226 said:
"final fantasy XII endurance run anyone?"
I am currently playing FF XII again. Just not recording it for a podcast. I almost forgot how beautiful the game was, and still is much better than many current next gen RPGs.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Gunner

WoW.

seriously though i need to finish far cry 2.. i got 3/4 the way through an stopped. that and fear2.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By REDRUN
Gunner said:
"WoW. seriously though i need to finish far cry 2.. i got 3/4 the way through an stopped. that and fear2. "
you may need a cold shower after you finish FEAR 2 (rocking himself for comfort)
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#24  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Persona 3: FES had a collector's edition?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By REDRUN
dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By dogbox

I'm playing through FFXII right now as well. Awesome game, I agree that it holds up against modern RPGs almost three years later. I was thinking about checking out Star Ocean for the 360 but the characters seem extremely annoying. I still need to finish Tales of Vesperia as well.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I gotta whole backlog of shit I gotta finish.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By REDRUN

Does anyone wish to do a retrospective review once they finish their game?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By subject2change

I have like 60 games on my shelf that i've never played...so uhhhh all of them.

Next up is Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4; should playthough 3 this weekend and 4 during next week and part of the weekend. After that is Devil Summoner before Devil Summoner 2 is out.

Only game in my library I may never play is Fallout 3...played for like 4 hours and couldn't really get into it; got up to T-Dog or whatever his name was in his tower and that was really it. May restart, be all good the entire time and see how that goes.

And FEAR2 was bad, with a terrible short final ending 'boss" with an arousing finish; 5.5 hours on the hardest difficulty...waste of 40 bucks. Thats what I get for buying a PC Game...

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#30  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

Games I own but never completed?

Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Jet Set Radio Future, Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Wind Waker, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Braid, Final Fantasy 2: Dawn of Souls, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion...

Have copies of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Guitarro Man, God of War 2, and the first Sly Cooper that I haven't even opened yet.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By I_smell

You Have To Burn The Rope

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By danielkempster

Shadow of the Colossus Endurance Run would be epicly awesome.

Looking at my collection, there are quite a few games that would make for a nice personal Endurance Run. I'm trying to whittle down my list of games I have yet to finish, so I guess all of those games are contenders.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#33  Edited By TobyD81

There's a few on my list, but right now I'm committing to finishing FF12 before 13 drops.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Verdugo

Resident Evil Code Veronica.

I never finished that game for reasons I can't even recall at the moment, I kept getting stuck somewhere not knowing where to progress...

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By REDRUN

Wow, almost 40 hours in Final Fantasy 12, its actually a much better game than anticipated. I no longer want to stab Vaan. I have a weird attraction towards Fran, claws and ears, I hope this isn't a gateway into Furries. *shivers

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LeoMinor
REDRUN said:
"Wow, almost 40 hours in Final Fantasy 12, its actually a much better game than anticipated. I no longer want to stab Vaan. I have a weird attraction towards Fran, claws and ears, I hope this isn't a gateway into Furries. *shivers"
The same thing happened to me.  The more I played it, the more I liked it.  Beat it about two weeks after I bought it and haven't played ti since.  Maybe I'll go back and start again after I beat some other games on my list.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheKidNixon

Just started (as in, haven't seen the title screen yet) Lost Odyssey. I suspect that will keep my busy for a good while.

grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By grainger

GTA IV