do kill-streaks break games?

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By johnzimmerman

in my opinion i feel that the kill-streaks breaks games. if you can't get a big enough kill-streak, then it's useless. also kill-streaks encourage good players to get better, and punish the rest of us.

I'd much rather have the system used in homefront. where you earn points, and if you earn enough you can call in the fancy toys.

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By johnzimmerman

in my opinion i feel that the kill-streaks breaks games. if you can't get a big enough kill-streak, then it's useless. also kill-streaks encourage good players to get better, and punish the rest of us.

I'd much rather have the system used in homefront. where you earn points, and if you earn enough you can call in the fancy toys.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By christ0phe

I liked Call of Duty 4's kill streaks.  They were set in stone, and none of them were too insane.  I've hated the killstreaks in Modern Warefare 2 and Black Ops.  There are too many and they are too powerful

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I dislike killstreaks in competetive MP, its really annoying to have a sniper spawncamp you, then have his chopper camp you if you manage to get away from his sniping, just to be mauled by attack dogs or something.

Sure its fun to earn, but there's a clear disadvantage in their usage.
I'm not sure how to balance them or how to distribute such streaks, so I say remove them all together (or in certain modes).
The kill itself should be satisfying enough.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kermoosh

yea i just play battlefield, cuts out a lot of bullshit from cod and other games cus theres no killstreaks

i did also like the system in homefront,  but the helecopters got you way too many kills if not unopposed by another helicopter

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Depends. I find the ones in CoD4 and Medal of Honor to be alright. The ones that came with MW2 and so on is just mad though.

Then again I dislike K/D ratio more.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By UlquioKani

I don't think they break the game. I feel it adds a level of risk to each death. You can't just charge in because you will be contributing to a kill streak which could destroy your team even more because you were reckless

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Kazona

My gut reaction was to say no, but then I did a minute of thinking (astonishing, I know) and came to the conclusion that, yes, they kind of do. It puts the playing field even more in favour of the players who are good at the game, leaving players like me to run away with their tail between their legs. Now, you could argue that I should just practice, and get better at the game, but it really is discouraging when you're doing your very best, only to get repeatedly mowed down by some guy's killstreak.

Then again, maybe I'm just a pussy, and give up too easily.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Vexxan

I dont play many FPS games these days but I thought the kill streaks in MW2 were way too powerful. Sure its fun when you get them yourself but they really destroy the competetive gameplay when you can just completely wipe out the other team over and over again using some crazy aircraft.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aspaceinvader

Kill streaks don't break a game, it cod awards system that ruined them, it unbalanced the game 99% of the time, which is why i got bored of it, prefer my shooters not to have the awards for kill streaks other than the sheer satisfaction of getting so many kills in one round or game.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Not by just being in them. They didn't break COD4.

The killstreaks in MW2/Blops only stood out so much because they were combined with all the other broken things in the game.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

yes, i think kill streaks are dumb. at least the over powered, stay in the air ones. i'm the person that shoots everything down in the air. it gets annoying having to kill people and then shoot down a chopper.

mgray5159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mgray5159

I thought they were great in COD4. In fact, that is still my favorite COD.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aus_azn
@christ0phe said:
I liked Call of Duty 4's kill streaks.  They were set in stone, and none of them were too insane.  I've hated the killstreaks in Modern Warefare 2 and Black Ops.  There are too many and they are too powerful
This.

And...
@PhatSeeJay said:

Then again I dislike K/D ratio more.

This.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By kashif1

nah, the noob tube and other tactics like it balance out kill streaks.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I think the Killstreaks in MW2 were bad because they were just ridiculous but I feel they fixed it more in Black Ops as each killsteak could be countered or easily destroyed and you couldn't use the kills gained from other killsteaks to get new ones (does that sentence even make sense?). This and COD 4 work very well so no, I'm all for killstreaks as long as they are balanced and done properly. For me they generally improve a MP game.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By YoungFrey