Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

What i mean is like dont play that game(im talking about GTA btw now)its too violent you can end up going out on the street killing people when you are older. 

REALLY??! 

Has anyone ever thought of this?
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

Yes I am the parent now.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By one_2nd

My parents don't think that, so yes I guess. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

What?

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lemoncookie01

My parents are fine with me playing games.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I don't get it...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Whose parents? No thinking parent believes this. Some things may be inappropriate for young audiences, but not because they'll imitate it. And what parent lets their kids consume such stuff without putting things in context?

PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By PATERSON

I think if you play GTA4 and then go out and shoot somebody in real life. You gotto be a little crazy in the first place, don't think we can blame it on games.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents think playing games is a nice alternative to masterbating so I agree with them. 

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Binman88

Parents are right to stop their children from playing mature rated games like GTA if they have a problem with exposing their children to the murder and general violence of those games. Stopping them from playing them in case they imitate what they see in the game in real life is absurd, though.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidSwords

You won't grow up to kill people but the shit that spews out of kids that play these games is horrendous. Parents have the right to tell there underage child what he/she can and can't play.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BraveToaster

It is rated M, so kids shouldn't be playing GTA in the first place. 

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" What i mean is like dont play that game(im talking about GTA btw now)its too violent you can end up going out on the street killing people when you are older.   REALLY??!  Has anyone ever thought of this? "

No Caption Provided
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By one_2nd
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" My parents think playing games is a nice alternative to masterbating so I agree with them.  "
lmfao, I love your parents. 
riffingt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By riffingt0n
@LiquidSwords said:
" You won't grow up to kill people but the shit that spews out of kids that play these games is horrendous. Parents have the right to tell there underage child what he/she can and can't play. "
This.  I don't venture into games that have voice chat often, but the stuff that comes out of the mouths of kids less than half my age on XBL when I do.. it kinda makes me glad I chose never to have kids of my own. 
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arbie

I think it depends on the age of the child and the reason. If I was a mom I'd not exactly want my kid watching The Shining or anything, so same goes for playing some kinda Silent Hill game.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FirePrince

In my opinion,if you keep your child away from violent games until he is around 12 or 13,I say you should be all right. 
Stil,my only responsibility is my dragon,so I can't give much advice.Keep them away for as long as possible.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Ryax

when my 12 kids are fighting over who gets to play GTA next i tell them to settle it like Nico would settle it.  am i a bad parent? maybe. but am i teaching them life lessons? definitely 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Frozen_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Frozen_Ice

My parents think it's wrong for kids to play GTA because people shouldn't be patronizing gang life, prostitution, etc. But if they ever thought it was wrong because you might grow up to be a car thief, I may just have to slap them...

bertmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By bertmasta

Ye my parents dont see that aspect of it, so ye i agree with them on that

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RobertOrri

I have no idea what the OP is trying to say. Did you use translator?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By TwoLines

What?
I.. I guess?

Frozen_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Frozen_Ice
@Axxol said:
" It is rated M, so kids shouldn't be playing GTA in the first place.  "
Yeah, it's rated M, for "mature." If you think that turning 17 automatically makes to mature, than that's just wrong. I've been playing M rated games since I was 11, and I'm a hell of a lot more mature than most of those 20-something people that play Call of Duty. Saying, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE LITTLE ASS FUCKING KIDS PLAYING THIS GAME FOR ANYWAY!? IT'S BULLSHIT! *whine whine whine*" isn't very mature...
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster
@Frozen_Ice said:
" @Axxol said:
Yeah, it's rated M, for "mature." If you think that turning 17 automatically makes to mature, than that's just wrong. I've been playing M rated games since I was 11, and I'm a hell of a lot more mature than most of those 20-something people that play Call of Duty. Saying, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE LITTLE ASS FUCKING KIDS PLAYING THIS GAME FOR ANYWAY!? IT'S BULLSHIT! *whine whine whine*" isn't very mature... "
Good for you. A lot of people say that they were very mature when they were children.
Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Waffles13

I got the GTA double pack for the Xbox when I was 12 or 13, and I'm not completely maladjusted or murderous.

I think age is completely subjective. If I have a 12 year old who can play Halo online, understand it's just a game and be polite about it, it's cool by me. If my kid was 17 and calling kids faggots and acting like a prick online, guess what: no more games.

Also: Holy English Language, OP!

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RVonE

My parents never had a problem with me playing games when I grew up. They just made sure they understood what I was playing by playing it with me and placed in perspective whenever they felt they needed to. It's not any different than with movies. Don't tell your child that he isn't allowed to watch a film; it'll just make it really cool to watch the film. More often than not prohibition is not the solution to responsible parenting. Then again, I live in Amsterdam.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Osaladin

My parents don't allow my 14 year old brother to play M rated games, and I completely support them.  They don't forbid him from playing GTA because they think he'll try the stuff he sees in the game, because he isn't retarded. They forbid him from playing, because, well hell, even I don't want to see some of the shit you can do in GTA.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By XxBarretxX

My parents play games, so yes I agree with my parents about gaming :3

sovereign13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sovereign13

Considering that literally every girl in my High School class was a slut and half the boys were alcoholics and drug addicts, my parents thought that video games were a great hobby.

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By countinhallways
@Sovereign13 said:
" Considering that literally every girl in my High School class was a slut and half the boys were alcoholics and drug addicts, my parents thought that video games were a great hobby. "
Tell me more about these girls. They seem like very interesting people.
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Vonocourt
@Axxol said:
" @Frozen_Ice said:
" @Axxol said:
Yeah, it's rated M, for "mature." If you think that turning 17 automatically makes to mature, than that's just wrong. I've been playing M rated games since I was 11, and I'm a hell of a lot more mature than most of those 20-something people that play Call of Duty. Saying, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE LITTLE ASS FUCKING KIDS PLAYING THIS GAME FOR ANYWAY!? IT'S BULLSHIT! *whine whine whine*" isn't very mature... "
Good for you. A lot of people say that they were very mature when they were children. "
I remember one kid on Gamefaqs saying that by the age of nine, you've learned everything you need to know in life.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BraveToaster
@Vonocourt said:
" @Axxol said:
" @Frozen_Ice said:
" @Axxol said:
Good for you. A lot of people say that they were very mature when they were children. "
I remember one kid on Gamefaqs saying that by the age of nine, you've learned everything you need to know in life. "
Son, the kid on Gamefaqs is an idiot. Please don't believe anything he says.
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Vonocourt
@Axxol: I laughed at him.
Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mom bought me GTA Vice City when I was like 11, I don't think she really cared so we agree I suppose.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Those parents are silly if they think GTA is gonna make a kid commit real life acts of crime because every kid knows GTA operates radically different from real life. In real life, the police force are idiots and many would be surprised at how people with as little as a high school education could get away with murder.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Honestly, I think the OP's parents have made a number of critical mistakes.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By Vinny_Says

what would lead someone to murder is growing up in the ghetto, everyday living through the same shit. Single mom dealing drugs just to feed you. Dad gone or in jail. Going to school but knowing that after high school you have no job future, so you quit while you're ahead. You affiliate yourself with the wrong people to make some money. You deal drugs just to support yourself. Eventually you realize that this cycle will just go on and on and that the only way out is through your music. So you murder some MCs on the microphone and record producers start to notice you. You write some songs to make a name but end up pissing off the wrong people. You get shot but survive and make a triumphant comeback. Your album sells millions and you finally accomplish all your dreams. You leave the ghetto behind you, but the ghetto aint left you. Some old buddies track you down and kill your posse, in the process gunning down you best friend, the man who stood by you through all the drug deals gone wrong and stayed at your bedside while you were recovering. You know who killed him, and revenge is the only thing on your mind. You load up your clips and hunt him down. You see him on the street talking to his faculty, scream his name out, squeeze six knuckles shorter, the motherfucker turn around holding his daughter.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Meowshi

My mom thinks I play too much. 
 I agree with her. 

My mom felt that it was okay to get me M-rated games when I was just a little kid. 
I agree with her. 

My mom always restricted my gameplay if my grades slipped. 
I agree with her. 

My mom thinks the Wii in a good gaming console. 
Eh, everyone is allowed some mistakes.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Meowshi

But no, my parents aren't dumb enough to fall into that "video games will turn you into a psychopath" nonsense.  There are far more real dangers you can find in video gaming, that focusing on that bullshit is silly.

conformunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By conformunist

I've been a parent for four years now (incidentally, my son is now four years old,) and I play violent games more often than not.  That being said, there is absolutely no way I'd let my son play the kinds of games I play until he is old enough to understand what's happening in them  

The reason I say that is because when I fire a digital shotgun into a digital scrotum in an FPS I understand it's "make believe" while also understanding that in reality, doing such a thing is a pretty horrific and sick act.  Kids just don't get that concept. 

While I think that 18 is a bit steep for "mature" ratings (seriously, who didn't know firearms kill and genitals are for boning before they turned 18?)  I think it's safe to assume an eight year old has no right  shooting people in the cyber-dick and bagging NPC hood rats. 

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My parents let me play whatever game I wanted. From Halo to Max Payne, they didn't care because ultimately, its just a game.

And when my son is born, he'll be able to play GTA or Mass Effect or Ninja Gaiden because, once again, it's just a game.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iam3green

no, because nothing like that happens really.

akamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By akamu

This whole argument about violent games making children violent reminds me of this.  (I was kinda disappointed when I found out this wasn't a real interview.)

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ravenousrattler

while i don't think kids should be playing gta, it will definitely not turn them into a murderer. Check out the penn and teller bullshit episode on violent videogames.

GrandpaJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GrandpaJelly

My dad likes video games and thinks video game violence is funny. I guess we're not that different. I mean he bought Gran Turismo to teach me how to drive.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RE_Player1
Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Teaspoon83

As a child playing various NES, SNES, Genesis and beyond, my parents never really bothered with what I played only because the games were tame. Now, move forward a couple of years, I'm the parent and although my children are too young for something like GTA, I will tell you right now that I will not let them play it if they ever ask for it.  I understand that it is only a game, but to a young child, something they see in the game, they might just think it is worth trying in the real world.  No thank you.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EliasT
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" My parents think playing games is a nice alternative to masterbating so I agree with them.  "
? So you can't masturbate?? That is mad shitty, I couldn't go a week without it.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ryax
@EliasT said:
" @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
? So you can't masturbate?? That is mad shitty, I couldn't go a week without it. "
wow. too bad you're completely serious.