Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By EliasT
@Ryax said:
" @EliasT said:
" @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" My parents think playing games is a nice alternative to masterbating so I agree with them.  "
? So you can't masturbate?? That is mad shitty, I couldn't go a week without it. "
wow. too bad you're completely serious.  "
Oh leave me alone.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By penguindust
No Caption Provided
It depends on the maturity level of the child and the relationship between the child and their parent.  However, I really don't believe young kids should be playing hyper violent games.  If you've ever seen a 10 year old playing Modern Warfare, they tend to get too simulated by the action and can't calm down for a while afterward.  I don't know if it has any lasting effects on them, but it certainly makes them unbearable to be around for the short term.
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By zityz

No. My Parents let me play what I wanted because they knew I had a brain. Video games havn't got more violent, just more detailed in their violence. 

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By LackingSaint

It was never really an issue for me; my tastes have matured as I have. For instance, as a kid I was all Spyro the Dragon, then Jak and Daxter and then when I turned 15 I started getting into more mature games, and I think i'm fine with that.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By zidane_24

I agree with my dad, not my mom. She's a parent that gets outraged at GTA and anything else the media tells her to be outraged about. My dad plays RTS games, and has no problem with anyone playing any other games, so yeah. I'm with him.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By armaan8014
@Keenblaze said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
lol
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By zeforgotten

I agree with my own parents yes, and they're not complete morons.  
They know that it's their job to do the parenting so if they think something is way to violent for their kids they are the ones who have to stop it.  
But as I said, they're not complete morons and they know that you would have to have some fucked up kids if the kids got violent becuase of video games

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By recroulette

I agree with my parents, they had common sense.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By fuzzyponken

Whose fucking parents? 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By natetodamax

Personally, I believe that violent video games have the potential to be influential in the behaviors of young children. I say this because I've observed the behavior of my 9 year old nephew who often plays Mature-rated games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. Recently he had a newspaper and was drawing doodles in it. I assumed he was just drawing funny faces, but upon further inspection I noticed a photo of a group of people at a camp or something and he had drawn C4, literally C4, dropping into the middle of them. On a photo of a football game, he drew a hidden bomb strapped to the back of one of the players. 

Take that however you want, but I've never seen a 9 year old behave like that, and I've encountered quite a few chlidren of that age in my life. It could be that he naturally has violent thoughts, which would obviously be something of some concern.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By jonnyboy

I am a parent, and kids shouldn't play GTA. End of.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By hockeymask27
@OutOfBounds9000 said:

"What i mean is like dont play that game(im talking about GTA btw now)its too violent you can end up going out on the street killing people when you are older.   REALLY??!  Has anyone ever thought of this? "

My parents never said that. They sat me down and told me its just a video game and if I understood that. Also untell I was like 13 I had to play games like goldeneye GTA 3 ect.. with them in the room.
eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#63  Edited By eliminator

Thay say games are for kids.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By ajamafalous

What? 

My parents don't give a shit. 

Also I'm an adult.

Drakhir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Drakhir

My parents don't really care about what I play or not. However, I can't count on them to get games either, as my mom believes it's just a waste of money.

GregKasavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GregKasavin
@Frozen_Ice:  You might have to slap your parents? Sounds like you've been playing too many violent games. Maybe you should put them away until you get over your penchant for physical violence.
dunderri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dunderri

LOL I wrote a research paper for school on the supposed connection between IRL violence and video game violence. There's no connection and that one kid that killed those cops after he played GTA was a fucking loon. Anyways, my parents don't care. I love killing cops and prostitutes in GTA but it doesn't mean I am going to go get a prostitute and then slice her open in real life.

Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mandaray

My parents raised me to play video games in the first place, including violent ones like DOOM and Heretic. So yeah, I'd say we agree. =P