Do you care about Split-Screen Multiplayer?

• 62 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Only for the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark nostalgia.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Split-Screen multiplayer used to be the shiz back in the late 90's, but now it seems to have taken the backseat to online multiplayer. Do you care about Split-screen multiplayer?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

Not one bit.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Clonedzero

generally no. not at all.

occasionally i'll play split screen with my brother, but thats so rare that its not really a selling point for me

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AngelN7

I care more than I care for online multiplayer.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Gladiator_Games

I love it. Its far more fun to have friends on a couch beside you than through a mic.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By superpow

As far as multiplayer goes, split-screen is what I prefer.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9  Edited By codynewill

Couch multiplayer has really made the last three or four games that I've played much better. Trials Evolution and Left 4 Dead are particular favorites of mine.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laserbolts

Nope. I never really need it.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Yes. It's not make or brake for me but despite what Jeff says, some of us still like playin split screen on a couch with buddies.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SexyToad

Absolutely, I want any multiplayer games to have it.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Dixavd

I definitely prefer split-screen multiplayer but I don't play much multiplayer anyway for it to affect me. Still, I don't think it is acceptable to not include it with a game. Requiring siblings have to own multiple gaming machines (usually the same console if they play on consoles as they most of the time Sony and Microsoft refuse to have cross-plaform play) and multiple copies of the game to play together is kind of shitty.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mitsuko_souma

YES! I won't avoid buying a game I want if it doesn't have splitscreen, but if if there is a game I am on the fence about, having splitscreen makes it much more likely I will buy it.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MikeGosot

Yes. Hell yes. Oh god, YES.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By shadows_kill

Yes! Me and my friends love playing split screen! I hate it how LOTS if RACING games have dropped this feature its ridiculous. Split Screen Borderlands has been one of my favorite moments this gen.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Absolutely. My fiance and I play splitscreen and local co-op games all the time. Hell, we put in approximately four quadrillion hours in the first Borderlands.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@shadows_kill said:

Yes! Me and my friends love playing split screen! I hate it how LOTS if RACING games have dropped this feature its ridiculous. Split Screen Borderlands has been one of my favorite moments this gen.

dude what! The menus in borderlands during splitscreen are so broken. I consider it unplayable. I'd say that Resident Evil 5 hands down has the best splitscreen of any game I"ve played this gen.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

Yes! I love gaming with a buddy near me, and split screen is one of the best ways to introduce someone new to gaming. You can make sure they survive while they learn the controls and make them feel badass until they are good enough to survive. Couch gaming could become a lost art, and it's certainly inferior to having a full screen to yourself, but it has some key strengths whose banishment would be a crying shame.

Though, admittedly, the best way to play multiplayer games is to have people in a room, with computers connected. It's a pain in the ass to set up but in the long haul your friends are near you and you have a screen! But online is so much easier to do, so that one is A-OK with me.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By lego_my_eggo

No, i just play with people online most of the time. For the occasions when i have people over and we all want to game we just take turns, and anyone not playing comments on the person playing or bullshits with each-other. and most "party" games i own have all the players on the screen at once, which i find it adds to the craziness and fun of playing with others in the room.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shadows_kill

@mitsuko_souma said:

@shadows_kill said:

dude what! The menus in borderlands during splitscreen are so broken. I consider it unplayable. I'd say that Resident Evil 5 hands down has the best splitscreen of any game I"ve played this gen.

Yes RE5 was pretty good too. (that game is unplayable not split screen) For Borderlands the broken menus did make it annoying but that game is so good in multiplayer though!

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pepperzz

Man, split-screen is a must have for co-op games. It's usually a make or break purchase for me. Needs to have split-screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Absolutely. I think it's ridiculous if a friend of mine comes over and wants to play a game, he or she has to go back to their house so we can awkwardly talk to each other through a shitty microphone. Jeff's scoffing at the notion of local multiplayer kinda peeves me a little, to be honest. Why play split-screen Halo when I could play Quake online? I don't know, because I like socializing, I guess?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#24  Edited By Yummylee

Absolutely. Some of the best times I've had spent in games have been playing the Gears of War series in split-screen with my little brother. Plus I really don't enjoy talking over headsets... it's very similar to talking over phones, which I'm rather awkward at, like accidentally talking over the other person or not being able to quite understand what they're saying.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

If the game has a good multiplayer that I want to play, then yes. If it's something I'm not interested in, then I don't care. To answer your question though, yes, it matters to me. I don't play a lot of online MP, but when I do, I'd love it if the ones I did play had splitscreen, and if it's on PS3, it needs to have it so you can have two profiles. I know it's not competitive MP, but it's a real shame Dead Space 3 won't feature splitscreen co-op.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

@shadows_kill said:

My friends and I. Sorry, I had to point that out.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#27  Edited By Dimsey

I love me some split-screen and appreciate it when it's there.
It still seems somewhat stupid that I need to procure two copies of a game just to play with my bro, who's in the same household.  
Kind of sucks having to pay for a game twice, not to mention the cost of Xbox Live to play with my brother who's RIGHT THERE when back in the day you'd buy the game and that was it. 

That being said I suppose we've both grown accustomed to not having to share our screens, so it isn't all bad nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vastly prefer Co-op split screen to online Co-op. None of my friends share the same taste in games as me and when we do they always buy the 360 version of the game, so I never get to play with them online. But when an offline split screen/Co-op game shows up we sure as hell have some fun. I also feel disconnected from people when I play team based games online... like i'm talking to robots. Some of the most fun I've ever had playing games has been ripping though games side by side with a buddy. Been going through Borderlands with a friend who never beat it (technical difficulties) and we are having a blast! Looking forward to doing it again come Borderlands 2.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By nintendoeats

I only really play multiplayer games with people that I know, and then usually only when they are in my house or I have brought a game to them. Therefore, yes.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By triple07

Yes definitely. I love playing games with a friend in the room and splitscreen is the easiest way to get that to happen. Sure online is good but nothing can match having someone in the room playing the same game.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By FesteringNeon

It's fun to sit next to a buddy and both be online using the same game/console.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Hizang

Well I have no gamer friends, but If I did then yes I would.

I'm so lonely..

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hippie_genocide

Personally, I have no use for it. But I still would like it to be supported because I know many gamers out there like it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iam3green

not really. when friends and i want to play games we usually play online. i do think that games should still have split screen though. i think there should be split screen on every game that has multiplayer.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rohok

Since I have real life friends, yes, I do. I know a lot of people who don't care about it don't have any friends outside of the internet so I guess it doesn't matter much to them.

I, for one, think it's pretty dumb to have to lug around two game systems just to play with my buddies in one room.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Yes. Ever since I moved out and started living together with my girlfriend it's how I spend most of my time playing video games. It's also great when having friends over. Fighting games fall into the same category, despite not being split-screen.

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Johnnboy2000

I miss playing a game like goldeneye or Halo with a group buddys, everyone making jokes, name calling and a lot of laughter. eventually someone would get butthurt and start taking the game super seriously then it that's where the real fun starts. Online is cool but it can be at times very isolating its nice to be with friends in one place order up some pizza, drink a few beers and look at the your friends expression after you shot him in the face then tea bag them. Good times.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Seesic

Yeah, its the main way I play with my girlfriend and its nice to have as an option.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Definitely, my wife and I will purchase games based upon the ability to play together, which was why we got into Halo and Gears of War in the first place, any why I have used several arcane practices to play Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, TF2, and Half-Life 2 with her on PC (fuck I love Valve)

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By TehFlan

@AngelN7 said:

I care more than I care for online multiplayer.

Pretty much this. The point of multiplayer is to be playing with other people. Online multiplayer always feels pretty impersonal.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By FinalDasa

Local multiplayer is still something I value in a game. Wanting to share an experience with a game that doesn't require your friend to spend sometimes $60 usually leads to the game purchase anyways. I understand why it can be removed but I'd like to see more games include it.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By buft

A big part of what made games interesting to me as a child was that couch coop experience and even though the world has become smaller with readily available internet and the ability to play with anyone all over the world i still enjoy the particular experience of being side by side with the person you are working with though for me the perfect scenario is really a local lan type situation, having your own screen would be the icing.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By nightriff

Its nice to have but not necessary to me. More important is being able to LAN a game than to split screen. The best experience in multiplayer for me is LANing

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Yeah, I suppose so. Mostly for achievement grinding, but sometimes I like to play with someone sitting next to me.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mixwizzard

Yeah. It doesn't factor in if I want the game or not. But sometimes its nice to just sit down and play something locally.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By saethir

Yeah it does, I love playing with friends and shit talking each other in split screen multi player. I was really bummed when SSX didn't have it.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By UncleClassy

Yeah sure. It's always nice to at least have the option of playing with your friends in person.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Yes, I do. While I mostly play online, during the times my girlfriend wants to play, it's nice to have split-screen.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Sackmanjones

Absolutely. When me and my brother lived at home there were so many games we couldn't play together unless we bought 2 copies. But to be honest it seems to be making a decent comeback. Still not as prominent as before but better than recent years