Do you COLLECT videogames? (Gaming Question of the Day 9-6-10)

• 74 results
WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Now that I think about it I must to a degree, I never trade my games in. Like others have said I think you'd class that as collecting.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#52  Edited By AgentJ

Yep. By the end I expect to have the very best games of each major console in my collection.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Ravenousrattler

yup you could say that

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I buy video games I want to play, but in a way I guess you could say I collect my video games as I do not sell them and plan to keep them in as good condition as I can.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Obviously I purchase and collect games which is why I never sell or trade any of them. I also never buy used games just cause most of the time the box arts are scratched and such.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By fugie7

yes i do .

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By MeierTheRed

No, i seel them once in a while, i try to only keep around the solid titles that i know i can still squeeze a little more value out of. And with a collection of over 600+ CD's i would not know where the hell to store all my games.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Gaff
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @Jeust:  Not everything breaks within my life time ;)  "
That... can be arranged. 

And no, I don't collect. Though Guardian Heroes, Dragon Force (and of course, Radiant Silvergun) are still tempting. And oh, a NeoGeo Pocket Colour would be nice with SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters, Gal Fighters and Metal Slug. I might as well get a big Neo Geo as well then, while I'm at it and I never did own a Dreamcast. And I wish I hadn't done away with my PS1. 

Sorry, I'm not taking one step on that slippery slope.
limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By limewizard

Newer games for current generations, (like when I had my GC, I would sell 4 games for 1, and still do the same method with my Xbawks.) 
But like when the systems out of date, or going out of date and fastly becoming cheaper and harder to find, (or more expensive and harder to find, ala 3DO games and Saturn Games.) I did this with the Gamecube and recieved about 10 games for 30 quid.  
It was a good day. 
Also, I collect vidja gaems as a hobby.

Avatar image for shazb0t--defunct
shazb0t--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By shazb0t--defunct

I keep them like a magpie, if that's what you're asking. I only buy stuff for one platform, because I'm not going to play the same game over and over. 

I also sell the crappy stuff that I realize was a mistake, like Splashdown. Ugh...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#62  Edited By JJWeatherman

I stopped selling my games a while ago, so I guess you could say I collect.

Marmaladebrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By Marmaladebrat

I collect video games I have always kind of collected video games, but recently it has become more active I have found some good really good flea markets recently in New Jersey. I have been picking up alot of old NES, SNES, Genesis and N64 games I picked up Blast Corp for the Nintendo 64 this weekend and other recentky Mario Paint for the SNES with the mouse and mouse pad too.  I knew I was collecting games again when I bought a TurboGrfax-16 online on eBay and some games for it too; Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, Ordyne and Splatterhouse. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#64  Edited By big_jon

Sort of.
dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By dj

I really wish I never traded in my old games. Alas, I was nieve and in need of cash. 

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Stray

I'm as much a collector as a gamer. I probably have 1200+ games right now over a dozen systems. Kinda just a nostalgia thing for me mostly. I used to collect lot after lot, but within the last few years I've just been collecting games I care about. Quality over quantity idea.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By buzz_clik

Much to my girlfriend's sufferance, yes I do. Well, I used to be a hardcore collector for years. Then I bought a house and wised up. I still keep everything I buy, but at least there aren't packages rocking up every day with a new item.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By Torrim

I've always had a comparatively small game collection, retaining only a handful of games by the end of a console's life cycle.  I always try to keep what I own down to a manageable size, though there are a few I don't think I'll ever sell.  A shelf-full is good enough for me.

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By snake911

Yes I do. Also, m y blog has recently turned into my collection updater.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Coombs

I consider my collection pretty small,  (150-200 games, 10-12 peripherals(Guns, ect..) Between 8 consoles)
But yeah. 

nintenjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By nintenjoe

I collect those which I feel I will go back to, and want to go back. Take a game like Lego Harry Potter, I beat, got 1000 achievement points in, and there's nothing left to do, then I will trade it in. I don't feel inclined to go back to it, and I still have to afford my game obsession while paying the bills. Regardless, all those cartridges, digital downloads, cd's, and all, have wracked up over 1000 games in my collection now, despite the trade ins. There are also other smaller obsessions that come with the territory, as I made sure to complete my Zelda collection by aquiring the CD-i games, LCD watch, and Game & Watch to have every Zelda title released in the U.S. Do I ever really want to play those CD-i games? Not really, but now I can boast that complete and will never sell them. Heck, even branched further and imported the European version of Tingle's Adventure in Rupeeland and a Famicom Disk version of Zelda 1. I think it's finding a balance of trading in games that you won't go back to, and keeping the games you have found memories of and want to go back to someday. I've made mistakes, like trading in Crackdown 1, but have managed to re-aquire some mint and for cheaper than I got on trade thus making a profit.
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DriveupLife

I rarely buy games in physical form anymore. I only buy collectors editions of games I'm really looking forward to.

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Aelric

I used to collect. I tend to accumulate games where I'm at and have had multiple collections throughout the years, but circumstances such as needing rent money, moving to another country, the value falling out due to digital re-releases and other factors have made me give it up. I suppose I got a nice big steam collection, but physical media is just too much to keep up with and keeping value is getting a little hard as the digital conversions keep happening. Plus, being in Korea now, soon to pull roots and hit China for a year due to work, I've just come to prefer to keep my worldly possessions to a minimum. Even my PC feels a little weighty these days.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By astrotriforce
@NintenJoe said:
"
I collect those which I feel I will go back to, and want to go back. Take a game like Lego Harry Potter, I beat, got 1000 achievement points in, and there's nothing left to do, then I will trade it in. I don't feel inclined to go back to it, and I still have to afford my game obsession while paying the bills. Regardless, all those cartridges, digital downloads, cd's, and all, have wracked up over 1000 games in my collection now, despite the trade ins. There are also other smaller obsessions that come with the territory, as I made sure to complete my Zelda collection by aquiring the CD-i games, LCD watch, and Game & Watch to have every Zelda title released in the U.S. Do I ever really want to play those CD-i games? Not really, but now I can boast that complete and will never sell them. Heck, even branched further and imported the European version of Tingle's Adventure in Rupeeland and a Famicom Disk version of Zelda 1. I think it's finding a balance of trading in games that you won't go back to, and keeping the games you have found memories of and want to go back to someday. I've made mistakes, like trading in Crackdown 1, but have managed to re-aquire some mint and for cheaper than I got on trade thus making a profit. "
Wow dude that's awesome! I'd love to do the same some time. I like you and most people here will trade in certain games but there are others that are worth keeping in my opinion. 

@Aelric said:
" I used to collect. I tend to accumulate games where I'm at and have had multiple collections throughout the years, but circumstances such as needing rent money, moving to another country, the value falling out due to digital re-releases and other factors have made me give it up. I suppose I got a nice big steam collection, but physical media is just too much to keep up with and keeping value is getting a little hard as the digital conversions keep happening. Plus, being in Korea now, soon to pull roots and hit China for a year due to work, I've just come to prefer to keep my worldly possessions to a minimum. Even my PC feels a little weighty these days. "
Digital collections are interesting. I've even bought a few games digitally that I have a hard copy of, just cause it's so freakin' convenient.
StupidGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By StupidGamer

I collect, but not just anything. Right now I'm currently buying up all the NES games that were official releases in North America, and that's been a lot of fun. I'm at 47%, and I just started last month with the whole crusade. 

Other than that, I collect anything I like from a particular series or games I just find are interesting based on their history or the circumstances of their release. I have a ton of games as a result, but everything I hold on to I do it for a reason; not just to own thousands of random games.

fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By fleppie
@Hamst3r said:
" No, I guess, by your description of a game collector. I'd never buy a game I didn't want to play.  If I want to play something, I buy it, play it and then keep it forever. :P "
QFT.