Do you dread the impending 'next-gen' wars?

• 126 results
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By crusader8463

Nope. PC is my main platform so I'm always on the winning platform because PC can do anything the consoles can do better. As for the consoles themselves, I always end up buying them all eventually as at some point they will all have some number of exclusives that you can only get on that platform. Unless you are on a 360, because that thing is just a dumbing ground for every multiplatform game going so there's never anything on it that I can't get else where and have it be better. Will be interested in seeing if the X-Box 3 will be any different or if they are just going to do the same thing as the X-Box 2.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By mtcantor

Life is short. Bring on the next generation.

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By orshick

If anything I'm very curious to see what the next gen consoles will trot out to wow the audiences this time. Obviously just higher specs aren't really gonna cut it but I'm not exactly sure what will. Maybe nothing...maybe we really will just end up hooking up our phones/tablets to a tv and a controller, and continue on gaming that way.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By vaiz
No Caption Provided

S'UP BEETCHES. IT'S ME, CHAD WARDEN. CHAD DADDY. YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS. AIGHT Y'ALL I'M JUST HERE TO TELL Y'ALL BITCH ASSES THAT THE PEE ESS QUAD IS WHERE THE HOT SHIZZLE IS GONNA BE Y'FEELMEDAWG? DON'T EVEN GIVE ME NONE OF THAT XBOX 720 BOOOOLSHEET. WHAT DAT 720 STAND FOR? IT MEANS YOU TURN 720 DEGREES AND WALK WHATEVER THE FUCK DIRECTION THAT IS, IDUNNO MANG, I'M HERE TO PLAY GAAAAAAMES, NOT DO SOME MATH BOOOLSHEET. MAN AND AIN'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT WIIU. THE WIIU? YOU KIDDIN' ME, DAWG? SOUNDS LIKE A DICK TO ME. BET IT'S GONNA HAVE ANOTHER BITCH ASS GAME WITH SOME BITCH ASS BITCH CARRYING A BITCH ASS SWORD. DAWG WE'RE GONNA HAVE FINAL FANTASY FIFTEEN. FIFTEEEEN. THERE'S SOME MATH FO YO ASS, YADIG? MAN IT'S AAAAALL ABOUT DAT PEE ESS QUAD YOU WAIT AND SEE.

AIGHT CHAD MONEY OUT.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#106  Edited By monkeyking1969

Both the PS4 and XB720 are going to share tech or have equivalent tech in most of the major areas. Sure some will use this chip or that chip but when it comes down to it the hardware on these two system will be so similar that it won't matter. Moreover, both Sony and MS are looking at the same trends/projections, so they are both aiming for the EXACT same future and will deliver what they think will be decent specification for 2014 gaming.

Fanboys will dwell on smallest of differences....of course...but I think there will be less fuel this time around.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By banishedsoul1

i am looking forward to new consoles in the future. I will buy wii u when its cheap the hardware seems meh so far. I started collecting games last year since the pc is mostly digital and the hard copies are DRM nightmares i will go mostly console next gen.

I want to see real 1080p games and new controlls for each system.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I am so ready for the next-gen console wars. It will be my first one as part of the PC master race.

@stinky: Maybe that's what the Mayan calendar fiasco was all about?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#109  Edited By Jeust

I think the next generation will suck balls!

As the graphics will be incremented with higher resolutions and budgets, they will provoke both the rise of prices and a slower flow of games released. Fewer companies will be able to meet the requirements for what's expected of a full fledged release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

It will be interesting to see whether the game production cost in the so called "AAA" segment will hit a ceiling because those numbers are getting pretty rediculous, which results in less and less risks being taken.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Jeust said:

I think the next generation will suck balls!

As the graphics will be incremented with higher resolutions and budgets, they will provoke both the rise of prices and a slower flow of games released. Fewer companies will be able to meet the requirements for what's expected of a full fledged release.

I sympathize with you.

What are my fears exactly? Well.....companies will come out with games that have Amazing graphics, far surpassing the eye-popping power from Final Fantasy, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, etc

Do I Love eye-popping graphics? Absolutely, it is one of my favourite things. But I hate graphics when they compromise the budget of a good story and the money to be able to make a long-lasting game that i will be able to spend time playing without ripping through it and wondering why it was so easy....Oh, wait, that's right, because it's not mean't to be challenging, it's just supposed to LOOK good

man. :P

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By glyn

I am more excited about the new "game development" wars.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#113  Edited By galiant
@Baillie

I'm not caring for the fanboy wars, but I'm happy there is still going to be a generational war between Sony and Microsoft, without it we'd end up with absolutely no innovation. Although, I would much prefer a lot of inovation and one console. Oh, blissful thinking.

I was about to post the same thing.
AngstOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By AngstOverlord

I don't intend to participate, at least until firm establishments are made. With the increased emphasis on digital distribution as a means to combat p-p-piracy, physical media availability will decline and so will many sales or discounts of older software. Many titles are worth purchasing day one but there are always titles that can't win that sort of confidence or are close to unknown. Who bought Crash Time on its release? How many people were even aware of it? For $40-$60 it's less appealing a buy but for $10 it's much less of a financial risk. That's why I've grown increasingly fond of Steam... their sporadic deep discounts encourage the purchase of less familiar titles and make the irritation sometimes involved in getting titles to run more tolerable.

The new consoles and their software libraries will take time to develop. Taking the time 'off' will give me a chance to whittle down the backlog from this generation. And the one before that. Plus, the money 'saved' from not getting a Wii U or PS4 or whatever means a greater budget for buying games for my 3DO. Yaaay :D totally gonna get me some Demolition Man!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#116  Edited By huntad

I don't really mind.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

The only winning move is to not play.

Which is why I'm buying a Wii U, unless some really god damn compelling stuff comes out for the other platforms.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By vaiz

@dcgc said:

@punkxblaze: That was amazing.

Thank you, thank you. I was hoping the legacy of Chad daddy wasn't totally lost.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I'm really dreading anything I need to buy a new TV for, although I can't see that happening soon. On the graphics side, of course I want things to look better, but I'm beginning to think that Sony and Microsoft should implement draconian measures to make sure all games render in true 1080p at 60fps with V-Sync. Fail these tests and you can't release your game.

Sounds kind of messed up, but I think putting such limits on it will actually do something for innovation in graphical styles rather than have people pushing for photorealism all the time.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punkxblaze: Obligatory 

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By vaiz

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@punkxblaze: Obligatory

Oh my goodness. This is amazing.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#122  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I'm still not done cleaning the flesh and blood out of my nails from the last one.

killr0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By killr0y

@dekkadekkadekka said:

The only winning move is to not play.

Which is why I'm buying a Wii U, unless some really god damn compelling stuff comes out for the other platforms.

You aren't teh hardcore then. Any true gamer would instead buy one of those 3-in-1 game boards that do Chess, Checkers, and Backgammon.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By Fearbeard

I can't wait for them because it will finally mean the next generation is approaching.

I don't partake in them, but at least it means there is excitement in the hardware market

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By huser

@falserelic said:

@Sackmanjones said:

Nah. I prepare to enjoy the fireworks by the way PS4 TOTALLY KICKS XBOX ASS SON! FUCK YA

PS4 is goin to be mad ill son to sick 4 real... I can't wait to catch the disease.

Not enough misspellings. It's close though, or at least one version. Another is epic walls of text.

nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By nodachie

As a poor-man gamer; I have very little money for games, computer parts or next gen anything. I trust Giant Bomb for useful reviews, quick looks and commentaries on the latest games. This helps me make the "smart buys" and avoid the, often over marketed, "bad" games. The bottom line is a good game is more important to me then a flashy, 1000fps, 10 to the power of 10 CPU speed and what ever other techno-babble they throw out.

P.S. I will buy what ever the line of Dark Souls games come out on. Dark Souls, that's a great game.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mewarmo990

I would buy everything. That is, if I had enough money.

What will probably happen, just like with this generation, is I'll keep playing PC games, and then wait 3 or 4 years for console and game prices to become reasonable before splurging on a Black Friday. I'm finally picking up a 360 this holiday season, two years ago was PS3 season.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By brandino

I don't partake in the ignorant fanboy debates so no.

I plan on buying the Wii-U, PS4 and XBOX 3 and i plan on enjoying all 3. I prefer to enjoy games rather than argue about them. I am worried about my wallet getting destroyed though.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#129  Edited By buzz_killington

I AM THE NEXT GENERATION

But seriously, I'm kind of losing interest in games that are coming out and new hardware (hopefully) means shitfloads of new IPs and experimentation so I'm all for it.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130  Edited By geirr

No I'm far to old to care.

SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

Stay away from sites with poor communities (N4G, Gametrailers, Youtube comments), and you shouldn't really have to worry about that.

As for me, I just want the new consoles already. Feel they are long overdue.

killr0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By killr0y

@mewarmo990 said:

I would buy everything. That is, if I had enough money.

What will probably happen, just like with this generation, is I'll keep playing PC games, and then wait 3 or 4 years for console and game prices to become reasonable before splurging on a Black Friday. I'm finally picking up a 360 this holiday season, two years ago was PS3 season.

That's kind of the funny thing. I actually do have enough money to buy everything... But after owning a Wii, I'm left with a sour taste from Nintendo. Fool me once... The Wii-U has a lot to prove before I spend any money, if at all, on another Nintendo product.