Do you exploit your fellow man? (system launch ebayers)

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

Bought two 360 bundles at launch kept one ebayed one that more than paid for both. 
Bought one PS3 sold it on craigslist for almost double even though the best buy near me had stock. 
Forgot to do it for the wii but with the 3ds showing up on gamestops website and about 5 gamestops within 10-15 min of me I'm planning on making a pretty penny since if they really are going to do a worldwide release on the 22nd of Nov I would be SHOCKED if shortages weren't extreme/rampant.  It's a nice way to pay for basically all my xmas buying and game buying for the year at the very very least. 

Anyone else look forward to launches due to this?  Anyone bite the bullet and pay 200-400$ extra for a system at a launch because their were none in stock at your local stores?  

If nintendo does this, it is a genius and savy move to cockblock all the kinect/move bundles on black friday, even though I have little interest the 3ds seems to be the biggest ZOMG WANT item that is upcoming.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

if i can sure why not.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

nope i never done that before. i don't' think i really want to do it either. i wait for the price to drop for systems to get them. once i know they are out there i will buy one and see what all the fuss is about.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By villainy

Never done it.  Feels scammy personally but to each their own.  A fool and his money are soon parted and all that so I don't have any problem with you or anyone else who can put in the work getting the hardware and selling it this way. 
Really I'm here to reply to the Nintendo savvy comment because I hadn't thought about it that way.  If they can manage a worldwide launch just before black Friday and have the software to back it up then it's a completely brilliant move.   Following up on Kinect and Move releases with a massive portable release would be awesome, hilarious, and fully deserving of a "cockblock" description. 
"Gonna move in on our motion control action huh?  Eat this bitches!"

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By meteora

I don't, but honestly I don't see a problem with that. Some people are willing to pay premium for new hardware, its not like everyone falls for that kind of thing. Supply and demand.

Now, if we were talking about something like tickets and scalpers, then you can go die in a pit.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoRoNimo

I never seem to have the money to do it. I budget myself to the point of non-profitability. :(

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Malakhii

I haven't but I should, a friend of mine made a killing selling Ipads. 

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DrPockets000

I wouldn't consider it "exploiting" if someone's big enough of an idiot to pay that much.  But that's kind of what exploitation is anyway.  I'd do it.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By BunkerBuster

I sold a Nintendo Wii once for more than double the price. Everything was cool until I found out it was a single-mom getting it for her kids. I pretty much regret that decision to this day.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RsistncE
@Meteora said:
" I don't, but honestly I don't see a problem with that. Some people are willing to pay premium for new hardware, its not like everyone falls for that kind of thing. Supply and demand. Now, if we were talking about something like tickets and scalpers, then you can go die in a pit. "
How is the launch console situation any different than a ticket sale situation? I fail to see the difference between a scaler and a person who buys multiple consoles at launch to sell them for profit.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By meteora
@RsistncE said:
" @Meteora said:
" I don't, but honestly I don't see a problem with that. Some people are willing to pay premium for new hardware, its not like everyone falls for that kind of thing. Supply and demand. Now, if we were talking about something like tickets and scalpers, then you can go die in a pit. "
How is the launch console situation any different than a ticket sale situation? I fail to see the difference between a scaler and a person who buys multiple consoles at launch to sell them for profit. "
Because the hardware will be available even a year later. 

But tickets are a one time thing.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince
@BunkerBuster said:
" I sold a Nintendo Wii once for more than double the price. Everything was cool until I found out it was a single-mom getting it for her kids. I pretty much regret that decision to this day. "
Sounds harsh/mean. I'm not saying you intended it, but it's a wierd feeling no?
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I bought a Wii for 400 dollars at launch, because I was an idiot. Although I did have a lot of fun with Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy (eventually), it definitely wasn't worth it. 

I was lucky enough to get the last launch 360 that my town had in stock. Or maybe I was unlucky, as we were all unaware just how fast those suckers would red-ring. It took mine less than a year. 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Afroman269
@DrPockets000 said:
" I wouldn't consider it "exploiting" if someone's big enough of an idiot to pay that much.  But that's kind of what exploitation is anyway.  I'd do it. "
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

No I don't because I have a soul

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By martindn

I doubt one person in this thread wouldent say no to making some money on launch with 2 consoles if they could they are alot out there who do it, because the people who buy are insaneley idiotic and cant wait an extra couple of weeks...(i did it with GTA SA) the only ones who wouldent are A. Stupid people, and B. People who cant afford two consoles. And this is thus not there fault, god didnt bless everybody with these 2 qualities.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@bhhawks78 said:
" Bought two 360 bundles at launch kept one ebayed one that more than paid for both. Bought one PS3 sold it on craigslist for almost double even though the best buy near me had stock. Forgot to do it for the wii  "
I like the "forgot to do it for the Wii."

It's like, 'I made a ton of those other two, but I forgot to do it for that goddamned Wii. Dammit!' 

:D

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RsistncE
@Meteora said:
" @RsistncE said:
" @Meteora said:
How is the launch console situation any different than a ticket sale situation? I fail to see the difference between a scaler and a person who buys multiple consoles at launch to sell them for profit. "
Because the hardware will be available even a year later.  But tickets are a one time thing. "
I suppose. Although you could argue that it's very likely that band will play again if they have achieved any sort of popularity.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jadeskye

While working as a manager in a game store i was buying every wiifit that came to us and sold them on ebay before christmas. I made SOOO much money.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By commandercup

I did this with the iPhone 4 launch, but I didn't initially plan to. After waiting 12 hours to get my damn iPhone, I decided to grab another to peddle on eBay for my troubles and I came out with $400 after eBay fees and the cost of both of the iphones from the store. 

I don't see how this is "scammy" is anyway since you're not making any false claims about the product or taking advantage of anyone. Some people just don't want to wait in line or have to get out to get a store (a combination of both for a price like $800 for an iPhone) and so they pay to have their products sent to them.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By meteora
@RsistncE said:
" @Meteora said:
" @RsistncE said:
" @Meteora said:
Because the hardware will be available even a year later.  But tickets are a one time thing. "
I suppose. Although you could argue that it's very likely that band will play again if they have achieved any sort of popularity. "
The problem is that they don't always travel to a certain location on their tours everytime. Certain cities get screwed over; and this ticket thing also applies outside of bands and artists. Things like the Olympics only happen every 4 years and it irks me that there were plenty of ticket scalpers who were charging WAYYY more than the original prices for the Olympics (my city hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics).
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ninjakiller
@bhhawks78:  You're assuming anyone wants a Kinect or Move bundle.