Do you find yourselfing visting Giant Bomb less?

• 67 results
deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I find without the front page forum feature that I am coming to the site less and interacting with the community less. Are there any plans to bring something similar back or is the new layout just different and we must change? Do you find yourself visiting less without the front page forums?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

they are bringing back the front page forums stuff, but as dave said they are cracking down on bugs first

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I just visit the forums on my own, but having a front-page forum spot would be cool.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Nope, more than ever if anything, no site change is going to keep me away, more likely poor content would cause me to spend less time here

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mrfluke: For a list that's "updating constantly", it's weird that it hasn't been updated in over three weeks. These 5 ghost messages in my inbox are driving me insane, I wish they'd add that to the list, at least acknowledge that it's a problem.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nope. I visit just as much as before. Never used the front page forum anyway.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i go through withdrawals if i do so no

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus: i wish also they would fix profiles as well, as wall posts and status updates and followers i think are pretty much pointless now.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Nerp. I used the front page forum thing, but I feel like I actually visit more forums and such by using the button (probably the intent of the designers).

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually visiting the site more, but mostly just the forums and not the front page. After I got used to it, I love the new site change.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@pr1mus said:

Nope. I visit just as much as before. Never used the front page forum anyway.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I paid attention to the front page forum about twice. Ever. Always be foruming like an adult.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I do miss the front page forum. Not that it's the end all be all but it was nice to check quick and see if there was something interesting.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By zaccheus

I didn't even know that there was such a thing as front page forum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than ever!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always be visiting Giant Bomb!

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Only as far as reading the forums go; I didn't really keep up with them a whole lot to begin with, and the current lack of front page forum news has really changed my viewing habits. I'm also pretty much behind on all video content since the site re-launch, but that's unintentional.

Edit: It's probably just a matter of adjusting to it, but I also find the new forums kind of hard on the eyes.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Yea, kinda. I also notice that my blogs are getting less comments on average, something I'm willing to attribute to the new site format (it's much harder to alert followers that I've written about Hydrophobia).

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I visit the site about as much as I did pre relaunch. Can't wait for the front page forums to come back though.

galloughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been a big user of the forums, so I didn't even notice the front page stuff was gone!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Depends where I'm stationed. Post joining military I'm never on, but I'm on vacation until orders pop so I'm bored.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I visit it as much as I always have.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, in the past month, I think I've been here more often than usual but then I never used the front page to look at the forums. I just keep a forum bookmark and head straight there if I want to check it out. I go to the front page for news & videos.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not really but I find I'm viewing less content because its too long and too much. Seriously, how many people listen to 3hr bombcasts and read reviews, 1hr+ QL's.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I find myself visiting the actual site a bit less, but I'm consuming GB content more than ever, just mostly videos that I get through the premium RSS feeds.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised by how many people used the front page forum section. Ever since the old GS days I would just go straight to the forums page anytime I wanted to see what was up with the community.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't know what front page forum is but the redesign is kind of a blow to my enthusiasm for the site. All my user images were wiped clean from wiki pages and forum threads, and lists still don't work. Will the lists ever be fixed?

Also I was never a fan of the forum layout to begin with, but it's been bugging me all over again. Wiki entries should have their own mixed forum separate from general discussion and off-topic.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have visited the site as a whole more often. My forum activity has also been more active, but my interaction with the people I follow has plummeted. Kind of a bummer honestly, but the newer content lately has kept me around.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Do you find yourself visiting less without the front page forums?

yes but the front page forums isn't why I do.

I really miss the friends activity feed like functions. If I want to read my favorite users blogs and reviews now I pretty much have to cyberstalk them which is creepy and inefficient. There is basically no reason to follow someone or follow as the site is now.

I realize they new site launches are tough and I'm trying to be patient but I don't know if I'll keep coming here daily if nothing changes in the coming months.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep the "magic" feels gone....I don't really even listen to the Bombcast as much either. I visit the forums more though.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

The only people who ever used the front page were casuals.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I'm on here just as much, if not more than before.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By confusedowl

I've never used the front page forum thing before, and never even realized it existed until people started complaining about it being gone. Needless to say it hasn't effected my forum use at all.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By maginnovision

Not because of that. When I'm in the mood to view/use the forums I've always clicked through the menu. Overall yes I am visiting the site less, I still pay so I'm assuming they don't care if I'm here or not.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By crusader8463

I just scroll down to see if there is a new video then go elsewhere now that the forums are gone from the front page. I used to use it to quickly see if there was anything interesting going on, but now I never check unless I'm in the mood to post but even then I find it hard to find an interesting topic. It just seems like it's the same handful of threads I don't care for or already posted in intermixed with forum groups/game discussion I don't care about.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I visit even more! ~ Hm.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By crusader8463

The only people who ever used the front page were casuals.

I used it exclusively. If just shy of 13k posts is casual I do not want to see the dedicated ones.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By John1912

Im not coming less, but the forums seem FAR less interesting, and getting much less traffic. It sucks!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

nah, i'm used to it by now (clicking to see the forums).

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with the design or the content quality. I more or less bought every game I was interested in this year so far, and didn't feel the need to check out gaming sites for related news / features etc much.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By wrighteous86

@slag said:

@deathbyyeti said:

I really miss the friends activity feed like functions. If I want to read my favorite users blogs and reviews now I pretty much have to cyberstalk them which is creepy and inefficient. There is basically no reason to follow someone or follow as the site is now.

I realize they new site launches are tough and I'm trying to be patient but I don't know if I'll keep coming here daily if nothing changes in the coming months.

I miss that too. I know almost nobody used it, but I tried to read the blogs and status updates and things of people I followed (since I don't follow many). It's much more passive and less active now, though, and I'm not about to start going to their profile pages to check up on them.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sterling

Yes, I have found myself visiting the site less and less since the change over. I am tired of watching ads on premium live streams. I don't like the forums being hidden. And I am tired of not being able to joke around in the forums without a mod closing the topic. I mostly only find myself coming to the site for the bombcast, and a couple times a week to check what videos have been posted.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#45  Edited By Slag

@slag said:

@deathbyyeti said:

I miss that too. I know almost nobody used it, but I tried to read the blogs and status updates and things of people I followed (since I don't follow many). It's much more passive and less active now, though, and I'm not about to start going to their profile pages to check up on them.

Wow is that right? Seemed like such a core component of the site. I figured it was heavily used.

hunh, hopefully that doesn't mean it won't be coming back.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

@slag said:

@deathbyyeti said:

Pretty much is my main problem with the new site design so far. And yeah, I do visit the site less. Assuming they bring back the activity feed functions, I'll start visiting more often. Now... everything just feels so disconnected.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mtcantor

I am on Giant Bomb pretty much all the time. So no.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I'm browsing the forums less and I don't really view the video content, since the video player is still kind of jacked for me and I can't even use youtube directly from the site, because somehow it's a premium feature.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the new site was introduced, I've found myself visiting a whole lot more than before, especially on the forum section of the site.