• 92 results
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pleasureizmine

with the 5 starts? I do not it seems kinda casual, I would like to see something like IGN/GS old review system 1 - 10 with .1 incrimetns.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sdodd02

It's okay, it works.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Guiltyspark

eww , its casey wegner , how fucking disgusting

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pleasureizmine

sad face

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By tec3297

I personally like the review system. I think that it gives a good sense of If I will like a game or not.

Dairyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dairyman

I like it.  And absolutely not to the .1 increments.  It's pointless; what's the significant difference between 8.5 and 8.6?  And anything below a 5 is basically not worth playing, so half the review scale is useless.  The smaller the better, I say.

AnTiPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By AnTiPRO

I don't see anything wrong with it at all...It's pretty straight forward and to the point.

InnerBlueAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

I think 5 is better because you need to seriously need to think about how significant a single point or star really effects the final outcome of the review.

Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kevin

I can see advantages and disadvantages on both sides, but Jeff's explanation works for me. He doesn't need 10 different ways to says this game rocks or this game sucks. It works for what it provides, plus the actual written review definitely helps more than the .1 system other places have.

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By richied0

The actual text review suits me better. I know more about the game and it's problems by reading it than I would by being told how many stars it got.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BlackWaterCO

I love it

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Guiltyspark
CaseyWegner said:
"sad face
"

how many people did you ban at GS

Give us an honest number

And just for giggles tell us how many you banned out of boredom
RustyScrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By RustyScrew

Yeah, it's really easy to understand which games are good and which are not.

DogManStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DogManStar
Guiltyspark said:
"eww , its casey wegner , how fucking disgusting "
Come now, be nice. The mods over at GS have rubbed most of us the wrong way at one time or another, but we're all equal here. So please stay respectful.
I agree, I don't like the scoring system. I don't think it should go to .1 increments, but a score out of 5 with half-star increments would be welcome.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pleasureizmine

I am not allowed to talk a about that... you must be one of them please consult on ask the mods forum.....

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Alex_V

I like it. Actually I'm less keen on half-stars. I think once you get away from very simple rating systems, the whole thing gets ludicrous. You get people arguing over 1% or .1 of a mark, which is just silly. With 5 stars I know exactly where I am, and the whole thing doesn't get bogged down in debate. For example I'm pretty sure everybody would agree that GTA4 is a 5-star game - why worry about whether it's a 4.8 or a 4.9 or a 5.0? What would it mean if it was a 4.8?

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By niall077

it gets the job done

and the 5 point scale should stop syatem fanboys fighting over scores..... for now

Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#18  Edited By Bilawal

I would like it to have 10 because some people want to know what game is better than what, but jeff's explanation brought me so yeah.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I prefer the new system. Fighting over fractions of points is silly. With this five point system, it's easy to tell where each game falls, as opposed to Gamespot's twenty point system and IGN's one hundred point system.

Guiltyspark said:

"CaseyWegner said:
"sad face
"

how many people did you ban at GS

Give us an honest number

And just for giggles tell us how many you banned out of boredom "

and lol
tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tovan

I like it, it's simple and easy to tell which games are good or not. There really isn't a need for fancy review scores, the point of a review is really just to tell if it is worth the time and money, and pretty much any system can do that.

Avatar image for worldsfastestshrimppeeler
WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like it alittle more than number scoring system.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By kenzo287

I don't think it should matter since scores suck anyways. Just read the reviews.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Otacon

I really love the new review system, theres no nitpicking with scores and it puts more focus on the actual review.

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jechtshot78

I think it is a correct way to parody the laughable 1-10 system. Tell me, what is the difference between a 8.3 and an 8.4? What makes the latter any better than the former? And how can you tell?

1up is the only one who seems to be doing it right IMO.

SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By SmAsH

Man, Casey you are going to receive a lot of flak here. And come on guys/gals, no need to be rude, what happened at GS is in the past and stays at GS, this is a new site, and we all need to just...show some love for one another :D

On another note, yeah I really like the review system, easy to use, and you can even give .5 increments to the 5 star system which is a plus (+) I've done two reviews already, and can't wait to get cracking at more!

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guiltyspark
CaseyWegner said:
"I am not allowed to talk a about that... you must be one of them please consult on ask the mods forum.....
"

why dont you post at SW.com anymore :-*
JayJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By JayJay

I like it. Much better than a numerical figure. I feel that 100% or 10/10 imply that a certain game is perfect. And no game is perfect. (No, not even GTA4/MGS4 :P)

Its hard to explain but the star method is more like a recommendation: i.e. 5 stars = You have to own this game, 4 stars = Still very good, you might not want to miss this, 3 stars = Maybe worth a rent first?, 2 stars = Maybe if you have nothing better to spend your money on and 1 star = Avoid. A bit simpler than the numerical method.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pleasureizmine

including ban dodgers which get caught in the queue probably about 15 a day with 2 being regular leveled posters.

kratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By kratos

I love this system much more it not such an exact process it's closer to movie reviews which makes more sense.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gary_Jinfield

I prefer the use of .1 increments as well, thanks to the ability to provide a more exact and unique score for each product.

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By piecat

I think the system works just fine. Its stressing that the score isn't the important part, but the actual text is.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Guiltyspark
CaseyWegner said:
"including ban dodgers which get caught in the queue probably about 15 a day with 2 being regular leveled posters.
"

holy shit i love you
go post at SW.com , everyone misses you
logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By logson

A five point system gets us away from fanboys arguing "MY GAME GOT A 9.7, AND YOU'RE GAME GOT A 9.6. SUCK IT FOOLS!" Also, their explanation for the 5 star system on the "help" page almost makes it seem silly to have more than a 5 point scale. If you want to see a 100 point scale attached to a game, check out metacritic.

BoldFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BoldFusion

They won't do scores with .1 increments. That's what Jeff and the other staff members did away with on Gamespot. But it would make me happy if they did.

Nightkiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nightkiller93

I like it,it's a lot easier to understand than a numerical rating system.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By roofy

i totally understand the reason they went with the 5 star rating but im still stuck in the 1 to 10 scale. i think something like the OXM scale where it goes in increments of 0.5 would be welcome. but to be totally honest... i dont think they care what we think. A couple of people disliking the rating system wont change their minds

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pleasureizmine

to much salt was being thrown in my game.... It was getting was then GS i rarely post anywhere fore I always get accused of being a rabid fanboy...

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Guiltyspark

CaseyWegner said:

"to much salt was being thrown in my game.... It was getting was then GS i rarely post anywhere fore I always get accused of being a rabid fanboy...
"

who cares what other people think , anybody that can ban that many people is a fucking god in my books

you should post at SW.com ,  everyone is welcome there , even the most epic retarded fanbots

MrTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrTea

I think six stars would be perfect, the sixth star would be for the most exceptional games like Ocarina of Time, or maybe GTA IV for some people (like this: Perfect, very good, good, mediocre, bad, very bad), and I would like to know what the other editors think about the game, for example Brad really likes The Force Unleashed, but Ryan seems to think otherwise, so if Brad reviews the game it might get a good score and review, but I still want to know why Ryan doesnt like it.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Guiltyspark said:
"

CaseyWegner said:

"to much salt was being thrown in my game.... It was getting was then GS i rarely post anywhere fore I always get accused of being a rabid fanboy...
"

who cares what other people think , anybody that can ban that many people is a fucking god in my books

you should post at SW.com ,  everyone is welcome there , even the most epic retarded fanbots

we will see >_>
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better with 5 stars. Do you really need to know EXACTLY how much the games review is? Seriously? 83.59? Come on...

You either want to buy the game, rent the game, or neither. 5 stars is great.

JamesM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JamesM

My feeling is that increased precision merely exaggerates the illusion that quality can be measured numerically. The five-point scale gives enough precision to express broad sentiments ("this is great", "this is good", "this is OK", etc.), but doesn't have any pretence of sorting everything into a hierarchy. The more granulated you make the scale, the fewer people each score will be right for. You could argue that reviews should describe the editor's views rather than attempt to predict the audience's, of course. But that's a different discussion.

God, I'm really talking like a ponce today.

EDIT: An interesting side-effect is that people are more reasonable with smaller scales. Sixty per cent is generally considered to be pretty bad, unless you've got some special reason to be interested (a fan of the franchise, etc.), but three stars could be worth a look, even though it occupies the middle spot. I guess we have a tendency to count down from the top of the scale in what we consider to be appropriate increments. On a 100-point scale, we tend to go for ten-point sets: 100%-90% is excellent, 89%-80% is great, 79%-70% is good, 69%-60% is so-so, 59% and below is pretty bad. Smaller scales force people to spread the top end over a greater portion of the whole thing, which makes sense, because how much does it matter whether a game gets 40% or 20%? Is anyone likely to buy either? Reviews obviously aren't purely buying guides, but the top end seems much more important to me.

I'm sure we've all been over all this stuff countless times already.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AthleticShark

I prefer 1-10 system without the points. 5 stars really is not enough to tell whether the game is really worth it or not. i mean 2 stars could be like a 6 or something. i really dis like .1 incriminates though, makes it to complicated.

brew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By brew

I wish they would use half stars too. Something doesn't sit right with me when they give Codemned 2 and BF BC 5 out of 5 stars.

Avatar image for chulomex3_basic
chulomex3_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By chulomex3_basic
Let's use the Casey system instead.

It's based on a scale of 1 to 10 Ramzas.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pleasureizmine

exactly anything 8-10 is the same with the 5 starts >_>

HipHopHitler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HipHopHitler
brew said:
"I wish they would use half stars too. Something deosn't sit right with me when they give Codemned 2 and BF BC 5 out of 5 stars. "
It just means that you should really check this game out, not that it is perfect in any way: they have it all laid out in their "Help" page. 
matthewk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By matthewk

The star system works fine. It's clean and simple, there is no need to have 1-10, what does 6.5/10 really mean, the exta .5 makes a lot of difference?, it ridiculous. The star system is more straight to the point.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Guiltyspark
brew said:
"I wish they would use half stars too. Something doesn't sit right with me when they give Codemned 2 and BF BC 5 out of 5 stars.
"

those games are both amazing and fully deserving of those stars
No game is ever perfect , gerstmann has stated this
the 5 stars is based on the worth to the player

5 = you must buy this game

4 = Awesome game people should check out

3= Give it a rent

2 = rent it if you are really interested

1 = Roflmgdao
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Guiltyspark
brew said:
"I wish they would use half stars too. Something doesn't sit right with me when they give Codemned 2 and BF BC 5 out of 5 stars.
"

those games are both amazing and fully deserving of those stars
No game is ever perfect , gerstmann has stated this
the 5 stars is based on the worth to the player

5 = you must buy this game

4 = Awesome game people should check out

3= Give it a rent

2 = rent it if you are really interested

1 = Roflmgdao