Do you have a great idea for a video game?

• 52 results
RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RJay_64

If so, what is it?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By buzz_clik
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Something like Dead Space-ian in location, Dead Island-ish in regard to exploration and survival with other individuals and Mass Effect-ian in terms of dialogue and morality (It's not perfect, but it's something.).

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

It's a game about making ideas for games.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

I don't want to go into all the details, but this is what I can tell you:

You play as a [REDACTED][REDACTED] who must [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] in order to [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and then you must [REDACTED] [REDACTED] while [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED].

Sigh, I really shouldn't have given that much information away :(

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@BeachThunder: Sounds good.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I have one for Minecraft: 

Villages are constantly being destroyed by large monsters (dragons and such). In order to protect your village and citizens, you learn how to make golems from the materials you retrieve. These golems act as guardians and deter the enemy.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

FUCK OFF KOTICK! You're not getting my idea! Make all the fake accounts to try and trick me into revealing it, but you will never get my idea!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Bricks. You play as a brick. It's objective is trying to discuss aging as well as the ever changing times.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

You give this one bloke some guns and this other bloke some guns and then they have it out.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By iam3green

while, yes, i have a bunch that i have thought of from being bored at school and other places. 

one is FPS MMO, got this from a blizzard thread. it would be awesome. 

a future zombie invasion.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DystopiaX

I had a dream of making an open world FPS in a post-apocalyptic future a few years back. Now Rage is coming out and Prey 2 will (hopefully) soon, alleviating my need to make a game like that on my own.

@iam3green said:

while, yes, i have a bunch that i have thought of from being bored at school and other places. one is FPS MMO, got this from a blizzard thread. it would be awesome. a future zombie invasion.

I've been thinking about an MMOFPS, then realized that everyone would just jump in and start gunning each other down all willy-nilly, GTA/RDR multiplayer style.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShaggE

Hear me out on this one, and I cannot be held responsible for minds being blown: 

There's this egg, right? The player character (let's call him "Leggy Surprise") stands on the egg. People come up to Leggy and ask him why he's standing on the egg. Now here's where it gets interesting. Your first instinct would be to slap the nosy bastards and crank call their coworkers, yeah? Sure, that'd make a good game. IN 1998. This is goddamn 2011. So you, the player, have to convince these people that you are NOT standing on an egg, using hand gestures and a highly advanced text parser.  

This game is primarily multiplayer focused, because the real challenge will be in convincing fellow players that you are not standing on an egg. Also, team deathmatch. But mainly the egg thing.

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By solarisdeschain

I have several cool ideas, but they're all based on existing properties. I'm not interested in getting into game design, but I figure most gamers have at least one vision of their ideal game.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By McGhee

I started a thread and posted this idea a little while ago, but it didn't get much traffic. :(

So I'll copy and paste my game idea here-

I was a big fan of Red Faction: Guerrilla, but after seeing the Quick Look and a review on another website, Armageddon looks like a big letdown.

So I've been playing Terraria all week and I've been loving it a lot. It will definitely be on my Game of the Year 2011 list. Even though I have not yet played Minecraft, I am going to give it a nod since it was an obvious influence to Terraria. But the thing about Terraria is how the game slowly emerges and reveals itself over time. You mine for different ore and craft items. You use stone and brick to build houses for yourself and the NPCs that start to populate the world. Items you craft lead to other items and you find even more items in dungeons which lead to new NPCs coming to live in your houses. Other items lead to boss fights which lead to other items and NPCs. The game is brilliant the way new things unfold to you and when you first see a cool magical weapon or huge scary boss, you have a strong "No fucking way!" moment. The game is full of them. You constantly discover new things.

I look at a game like Red Faction and see the awesome physics tech: the hammer, the nano-gun, and now the magnet gun. It amazed me in Red Faction: Guerrilla how every building was built from basic components and put together like real buildings. Concrete actually had rebar inside of it.

So I am making a "What if" scenario of epic proportions. What if you started a game that looked like Red Faction. A huge 3D open world with modern graphics. You are going to colonize a new planet. You start off with only the most basic tool: your hammer. You dig and mine for dirt, stone, and different ores, using those to build new items. You build your houses and once you have the new habitats built you can call in new settlers to help you on the planet. Of course this planet has dangers lurking within it just like Terraria. Perhaps discovering an ancient alien technology awakens those aliens and they try to wipe you off their planet. So now you have newer technology like the nano-gun from Guerrilla or the magnet gun from Armageddon and you can use them in your fights against the alien cities you find deep within the earth. Just like in Terraria, each new discovery leads to something even bigger. What if you even had to farm to have food for the people? What if you had to manage the economy?

Take the gameplay of Minecraft and Terraria and combine it with the physics and weapons of Red Faction. Imagine the cities you could build on a crazy, randomly generated alien world, and imagine all of the mysteries that could be buried beneath its surface. Mix in some crazy bosses and you'd have one amazing game. What do you think? Would a major developer take new and odd gameplay like Minecraft and Terraria and put it into a big budget title? Would my idea even work?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By WickedCestus

You play as a dog and then you chase people and bite them in the ankle. You get more points for murdering hookers.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Choffy

"Hi. Have game idea. Listen to this: It's a block matching game. You must match green and red blocks together with blue yellow blocks and sometimes there is a white block too. What do you think of this game? Thank you."

FacestabMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FacestabMan

I sure do. It's like Metroid, combined with Nexuiz. Destructible environments and all that. 

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BombKareshi

I still want to make a game where you play as my sister's cat and take over her house, but sadly this idea keeps getting overshadowed by more ambitious projects.

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21  Edited By RJay_64

How about a GTA style game, but with Mario characters? Mario would go around doing specific missions like in GTA. Instead of carjacking, you can participate in Yoshijacking to get where you need to go.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By dagas

Combine Mass Effect 2 and The Saboteur with Fallout 3 and you get pretty much what I would want. It would probably take 500 people 5 years to make :P

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By captain_clayman

i thought i did, and then i saw prey 2 gameplay and realized it already existed.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#24  Edited By Grumbel

Great idea, no not really, but something I would really love to see is more persistence in open world games and less interruptions. It always drives me nuts that essentially the whole world is reset at every mission start, which not only undoes everything you might have done to the world, it also leads to the missions being overly simple and primitive. Take Infamous, by far the most fun in the game where the destruction of the armored truck and the gas ballons, as both of those had you chase those things through the whole city and then pick a proper way to attack them. It felt open and dynamic, it felt like a problem to solve and not like a mission to finish. I want a whole game to be like that and once done with it I want the wreckage to stay in the city, not magically disappear. Or take chase missions, why does it have to be game over when you lose sight? Why can't you widen the search, call friends for help or just drive around till you find the trace again to whatever you are chasing.

Essentially, the worlds are open, the missions are not. I'd like to see that fixed.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UlquioKani

Yes

arjybarjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By arjybarjy

A dating sim so realistic, you cannot win because you are playing said dating sim.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Enigma777

Check it. You're dude, but not a real dude. You're a dude made out of BACON. You have bacony powers like the ability to attracts/command fat guys and stray dogs and slide around the environment with your greased bacon feet. Your girlfriend, Pimentina Loafson, is kidnapped and you must rescue her from the insidious Dr. Carbohydrate.

Box it. Ship it. BAM! Million dollars in your pocket, baby!

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No my idea is probably stupid.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Lots, but I'm planning to do it for a living, so I'm keeping my ideas to myself.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I have an idea for a superman game.

misfittoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By misfittoy

You chop down a tree and 20 years later the tree stump is still there. Consequences...

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By Cincaid

I've actually thought for a long while about making a blog series here on GB explaining about a game idea I've had for a long time, but always put it off in fear of being mocked and laughed at. :(

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Benny

It's an Inception based game in which you must construct a scenario for a person in which they divulge their idea for a game they've had for ages without knowing they are giving it away. 

In the end the player wakes up and it was all a dream 

Or was it? 

(bwaaah)

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By coakroach

Here we go: 
-Flash Gordon/Pulpy sci-fi silent protagonist space marine goes to Alien ship and murders everything
-Starts off with crazy weapons/armor, also able to use alien equipment, just real easy vanilla shooter killing spree
-You start losing powers (space armor shorts out after blowing up a power core or some shit) but manage succeed in destroying the fleet 
-Go back to earth, at military parade with standard earth military stuff 
-Suddenly earth is getting the shit torn out of it by flying saucers 
-Turns out you blew the shit out of a mining/merchant/whatever ship and they called in the big boys 
-Go from normal modern military stuff to guerilla warfare stuff to anything you can find 
-Spend the last bits of the game hiding and trying to survive, eating rats and tearing rations off dead soldiers  
-Go from sci fi badass to hardcore marine to desperate freedom fighter to depressed scavenger to mentally disturbed big game for bored alien soldiers
-At the end of the game you get captured and anal probed, then put in a zoo where alien monstrosities mock you and tell you that after years of being hunted you're nothing but a primitive, sniveling ape
-Shivering and alone in an alien zoo you look at your reflection in a filthy bowl of water given to you by your alien tormenters 
-Before you can make anything out the lenses of your glasses fall out and shatter on the dirty concrete floor 
-You sit down, resigned to your fate and end the game with your first and only line in an aged, hoarse but familiar voice 
-'...Hail to the king baby' 
-Carbon Neutral games in association with 2K presents: 'The Duke Nukem'

HIEDIAROBALX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HIEDIAROBALX

I want to make a game with a  man like Duke Nukem in an environment like that of Fallout 3.

HIEDIAROBALX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HIEDIAROBALX

a badass

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Butler

I posted this in a particular thread earlier today about space sims and the current lack of them in the market. 

I would like a space sim the captures the vastness of space and the mysterious frontier aspect of it. I would like an open universe game where I can travel in my ship, actually controlling it mind you, (Not just warping from point to point. I want cockpit views!) and land on foreign and alien worlds that inspire me with a sense of wonder and awe or terrify me with a sense of dread and fear. I would like to discover alien cultures or find extinct ones on forgotten planets. I would like to see the dynamic range of humanity evolving in response to space exploration/alien cultures etc.  I would like to come across undiscovered worlds that possibly haven't discovered space travel yet and my actions would impact their whole existence. I would like to fly across random events like a drifting battle damaged hull of an old war ship or cruiser I can get out explore, salvage or even tow back to sell for money.  Or a prison satellite that has mutinied many years ago, but through the generations they became a peaceful society stranded on the edge of the galaxy, but since a distress beacon was accidentally activated the space government in control has now set to destroy it as is standard procedure when a space prison colony has gone rogue and I have to intervene, if I want to. 

I would like to be able to customize my ship on a deep and complex level where it becomes an extension of my personality. Maybe I don't want to focus on combat but rather style and speed and becoming a famous space race pilot is what I am after. Or maybe I want to become a freelance mercenary and so my ship would reflect that with numerous armaments etc. I would like a character creator that has wealth of races and options to choose from. Personalization must be key! Somethings such as tattoos or piercings etc should be universal to all races, and not just given to some races  to give them a more "tribal" motif. That's fine if one race is characteristically not tribal looking but your character might be and possibly would treated as a sort of taboo in your species amongst npcs. I want freedom to create. I hate when one characteristic defines a race in fantasy settings. (All elves like nature, all dwarves like mines etc. If you have modicum of intelligence and personality you might break from that mold. I hate this rule that fantasy racism dictates certain qualities)  

I would like to be able to get out of my ship in space and on planets. I think it would be cool if my ship was big enough that it could house vehicles I could use on those planets, or even animal mounts if you wanted.  

I think it would be cool if you could explore space on your own as a pirate/salvager/smuggler/transporter or rising the ranks in some type of federation. I would like those two factions to not be dichotomies of good and evil either. There should be no morality/karma meter. I want to feel insignificant and have that child like sense of wonder as I fly around. I'd like to be worried about minding my fuel and hoping I don't run out and drift endlessly off into space. I want to have a crew I generally care about. I don't want a story. I want to make my own, having my decisions and my actions determine the story for me. I want to crash land on a planet and find a way to get off of it, hoping the planet is technologically advanced enough I can by parts and if not trying to rebuild my ship to send out a distress call to an npc/multiplayer person to come and save me. If my ship is big enough I want to go down with it and tell my crew it was an honor serving with them as we are bombarded with destructive munitions tearing apart the hull solidifying our burial in the stars. I possibly would like that characters death to be permanent.

I just want a lot.
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SSValis

I think Crytek might be working on something like this, but I have always thought that a full on Gladiator game would be awesome. Work your way up from a salve to a free man with a character that looks nothing like Russel Crowe. The online could be good as well. We need a good sword fighting game whether it be Gladiators or Knights.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SSValis
@coakroach said:
Here we go: -Flash Gordon/Pulpy sci-fi silent protagonist space marine goes to Alien ship and murders everything-Starts off with crazy weapons/armor, also able to use alien equipment, just real easy vanilla shooter killing spree-You start losing powers (space armor shorts out after blowing up a power core or some shit) but manage succeed in destroying the fleet -Go back to earth, at military parade with standard earth military stuff -Suddenly earth is getting the shit torn out of it by flying saucers -Turns out you blew the shit out of a mining/merchant/whatever ship and they called in the big boys -Go from normal modern military stuff to guerilla warfare stuff to anything you can find -Spend the last bits of the game hiding and trying to survive, eating rats and tearing rations off dead soldiers  -Go from sci fi badass to hardcore marine to desperate freedom fighter to depressed scavenger to mentally disturbed big game for bored alien soldiers-At the end of the game you get captured and anal probed, then put in a zoo where alien monstrosities mock you and tell you that after years of being hunted you're nothing but a primitive, sniveling ape-Shivering and alone in an alien zoo you look at your reflection in a filthy bowl of water given to you by your alien tormenters -Before you can make anything out the lenses of your glasses fall out and shatter on the dirty concrete floor -You sit down, resigned to your fate and end the game with your first and only line in an aged, hoarse but familiar voice -'...Hail to the king baby' -Carbon Neutral games in association with 2K presents: 'The Duke Nukem'
I'm ok with this
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By MysteriousBob

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RickJames123

A game where you play is Hil-Dawg (Nickname for Hillary Clinton) And the main objective is to shit on violent video games.  

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WickedFather

You're like a ghost of this boy, or something and you find out you can poltergheist into toys and stuff and make them walk about, and you get better at it and can posess bigger things, eventually massive things and you're looking for your dad but he's moved away and you can't remember his phone number and eventually you've got to find your dad and esxplain that you're his dead boy and maybe it's great and it ends, or maybe he's the one who killed you and you have to smash him to death and then maybe his ghost and your ghost have a showdown.  Or maybe your dog recognises you in ghost form and you have to get your dog to kill your dad (if he was bad).   At the end your sister is playing with her dolly and you go into the dolly and she knows it's you and you're happy.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By nintendoeats

Yes, I do. So I'm going to fucking make it. It is not on this list.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By nintendoeats

@Grumbel: Do you mean kind of like Burnout Paradise? I find this idea intriguing.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Combine every game type ever into a singular cohesive experience that is masterfully put together that no one section is unsavory. An action-adventure-rpg-shooter-rhythm-strategy-flight-simulator-dating-sim-puzzle-racing-survival-horror game. And it shall be an indie title.

Hey, never said it had to be feasible.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By skadave

Nude Bitch Fight

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aronman789

I had an idea for a game where BULLETS HEAL YOU.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#48  Edited By Grumbel
@nintendoeats said:

@Grumbel: Do you mean kind of like Burnout Paradise? I find this idea intriguing.

Yep, something along those lines. I especially like the way new cars are introduced in Burnout Paradise: They just drive by and then you can then chase them and take them out, its not a mission you start, but just something that happens while you drive around the city randomly and there is no way to fail those events, if you don't catch them the first time, you simply drive around a little further till you find them again. Couple such events with a clever AI-director and you mind end up having a much more vibrant and dynamic open world.
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Marz

Mixing Ninja Gaiden(old school side scrolling) with Demon Souls

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jay444111
@TwilitEnd656 said:

Combine every game type ever into a singular cohesive experience that is masterfully put together that no one section is unsavory. An action-adventure-rpg-shooter-rhythm-strategy-flight-simulator-dating-sim-puzzle-racing-survival-horror game. And it shall be an indie title.

Hey, never said it had to be feasible.

Don't forget amazing story, don't EVER forget that.