yes maam ;)

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Dysnomia

Yeah, I have a main PC and an old MacBook running tiger. I generally use the Mac for everything that isn't video games...

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

not particularly. I find their machines are overpriced and they don't hold the operating system majority so a lot of software doesn't work on them without emulation.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Organicalistic_

no, i do not like apple, the apps for the iphone, maybe... but anything else no

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hot_Karl

Well the spawn of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin can't be all bad right?

Ratcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ratcabbage

The Apple II was pretty sweet.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By lead_farmer

I'm too afraid of Apple to hate them.  Are they listening right now? Quick, crush that iPhone!!

Seriously though, don't hate em, don't love em.

PixelResponse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By PixelResponse

Don't really feel either way about Apple... the line between Mac and PC keeps getting thinner and, while beautiful, Apple products are a bit too over-priced/over-hyped for what I feel you get.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Meh that are OK, I guess.  I won't pay for their shit but I can see how their hardware is suitable for some people.

The pretentious hipsters can lick deez nutz, though.

Avatar image for forgot2register
forgot2register

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By forgot2register

Yes Macs suck for games, don't buy them for games! I have a macbook pro, i love it, if you don't love it buy one of the million other laptops out there. Don't like iphone? get one of the billion other smartphones on/coming onto the market.  

@dudeglove

said:

Their monopoly on the industry, however, disgusts me. And they don't give a shit about warranties either. "Get your iPhone just slightly wet in the rain? Well fuck you, buy another one you rich motherfucker!" "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Smartphone_share_2009_full.png
15% of the smartphone market is apple, that is not a monopoly

itunes, ipod, iphone are all products that expanded the markets they moved into and created the space needed to create interest in the area (anyone who disagrees should take this point up with Ivan Seidenberg the CEO of Verizon who said on Charlie Rose he was glad the iphone existed because of how it grew interest in the smart phone market (google Charlie Rose Ivan Seidenberg).
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By RichardLOlson

I hate Apple honestly.  I'm a Microsoft fanboy 100% and nothing will change my mind.

BRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BRNK

OSX is by far my favorite OS.... that's about as far as my love of Apple goes though. I think their overarching corporate strategy is downright wrong. When I buy a computer or a smart phone, I want a piece of hardware to do with as I please, not a sealed device with which to exercise my Terms of Use Agreement.  

Edit- I should say, for full disclosure's sake, that I'm writing this from a Mac and that I'm probably going to buy another one. I'm a hypocrite.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By DoctorWelch

I dont like them because everything is extremely overpriced. There is litterally no reason to buy any of their products except for the iphone, and even that is about to come to an end. Other smart phones are quickly catching up.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I like apple products, i'm indifferent to macs.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By immike

I don't like Apple, because no one can convince me to buy one. I have tried very hard to see the allure of the Apple computer and nothing has edged me over into buying one.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Supermarius

apple messed up podcasts, they confused ppl with their dumb proprietary version of rss and their terrible directory full of old media crap. Also, the Mac vs. PC ads let me know that the hipster, smug, self-important mac attitude was actually the official mac attitude.  I think at that point they lost me forever.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lawrens

I like their OS and a few programs available for it, that's pretty much it, I don't really buy a lot of their products.

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming
@jadeskye said:
" not particularly. I find their machines are overpriced and they don't hold the operating system majority so a lot of software doesn't work on them without emulation. "
Well said. I agree. 

Macs just don't meet my needs in computers, which generally involve high tech hardware (in the computer) and video games that I enjoy playing. Mac is in no way in control of the gaming market and don't tell me about their app store with all it's great games. Please.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By Geno

OS = Joke 
Computers = 4x overpriced  
Attitude = Unethical
Ipod/Iphone = decent

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jadeskye
@dudeglove said:
" I appreciate the fact that Apple have made music downloads accessible and computers that even retards can operate, but it makes my skin cringe every time I hear one of the execs open their mouth. Shit like this:

It's the fact they act like a goddamn cult. You can just imagine the crowd hi-fiving each other as well.  Their monopoly on the industry, however, disgusts me. And they don't give a shit about warranties either. "Get your iPhone just slightly wet in the rain? Well fuck you, buy another one you rich motherfucker!" "
That was actually painful to watch...
Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Buccura

As a PC person I don't hate Apple per se, I mean they have made some impressive products and I still plan to get an iPod Touch. Just as a personal preference I prefer PCs and Creative's MP3 players. I just want the Touch for the aps

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Famov

As a business, yes. However I believe that their products generally leave something to be desired. Macintosh computers are okay, but ipods kinda really suck. At least, the ones with the spin wheel do.

Ergonomics > Style
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By shirogane

I just ate an apple, now i feel kinda sick. 

I like my gaming, i'll stick to PC.
Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By ApertureSilence

I dualboot Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. It's pretty sweet for gaming. 

I also would have a hard time living without my iPhone.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By ch13696

I hate apple. I threw my iPhone, Macbook Pro, iPad, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano, all in the garbage, lit it on fire, and pissed the fire out.

miningguyx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By miningguyx360

I love the products they put out but slowly hating how they conduct business

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By meteora

Meh. I don't really like Apple. Whenever I meet someone who proclaims proudly that they are a Mac user, I am baffled and disgusted by their attitude. Apple fanboys royally piss me off for being elitists and think all Apple products are superior and that there are simply no other alternatives. That's only for the fanbase alone. 

Now, for Apple itself as a company, I still don't like them. They seem to have a very tight control over their products. I can't recall, but I think that its impossible to install a Windows OS on a Mac computer? And there's that closed source thing for iPhones over apps. Also their prices are quite demanding and too pricey for my tastes. 

I'll just stick with Windows products. At least Microsoft is starting to do some quality control now that they are starting to have some competition, which is a good thing for all of us.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Hahaha, ohhhhhhhhhhhh. You mean the company! Hahaha. I thought you just had bad grammar.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By raidingkvatch

NO!! I am a pear only sort of guy, maybe the occasional orange.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By xMP44x

Well, my one experience with an Apple product was not extremely pleasant. I've owned one Apple product in my life, and that was an iPod Nano 4G. You know, the current one, but without the camera. While I didn't like the product, it was my first MP3 Player. Anyway, Apple, as a company, are a bit too like a cult for my liking. Their products are nice, but the prices they expect for them are not. The iMac is a beautiful looking machine, but I could not afford to purchase such a thing. I have never used Mac OS X, but I have heard good things about it. It's meant to be an ideal OS, but then we have the inescapable conclusion: for such a good OS, it needs to be welcome on any machine. But you can't legally install OS X on a non-Apple machine, because of their ridiculous End User License Agreement. Jobs complained that Flash was not open enough, and he completely glosses over the fact OS X is just as closed as Flash.

Then we have the MP3 Players. Apple are a monopoly in this field of their market. The majority of the MP3 Players sold are iPods. So the majority of people are willing to use iTunes, which is bloated and clunky. Despite this I use it too. Owing to the sheer popularity of the iPod, how often do you hear someone buy an 'MP3 Player'? It's always an iPod they're buying, regardless of whether it is an iPod or not. Apple run a monopoly in this area, and then they restrict you heavily with their iTunes Stores. Want free apps for your iPod Touch or iPhone? Make an account and download them for free! Unfortunately, you need a credit card to actually make use of this. Because I haven't found a way to make an iTunes account without such a thing.

Despite everything I have written above, I want an iMac. And I am hoping to get an iPod Touch. Apple just has some ability that way. That when you're done ranting, you'll want one of their products.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brians

Gotta say oranges are my preference.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By themartyr

Running the Giant Bomb Experience on a BlackBook, and receive post emails through the iPhone. I enjoy it all, except for the short battery life of the iPhone.  

Oh, and I think Apps are, for the large part, a huge waste of time.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_A_Drain

As a company? Kind of indifferent. 

Their products? I LOOOOVE my iPod and my iPhone. I HATE iTunes with a fiery burning passion. Their computers I dislike intensely as well, but can see the advantages if you have one of a few specific job types (certain types of design, publishing, art, etc) 

Their fans? Their fans downright make me sick, not only do they seem to think that they automatically have a better computer than you simply because it is a mac (completely untrue, complete and utter bollocks) but they are intent on rubbing your face in it (which only serves to make them look stupid, because Macs are only good for specific jobs, you want an all rounder, then a regular PC kicks the crap out of them). Hardcore Apple fans, every single one i've ever known (ok, so maybe not all the ones in existence) i've wanted to punch in the face.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Trilogy
@TheGreatGuero said:
" Hahaha, ohhhhhhhhhhhh. You mean the company! Hahaha. I thought you just had bad grammar. "
I thought the same thing.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By c1337us

I love apple pie.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CandleJakk

I love my MacBook, it's perfect for what I need, and I have for a PC for the more powerful things I need, i.e - a dedicated rendering machine. Best of both worlds. I HATE apple fanboys though. They are total dicks.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#40  Edited By abdo

As a great Horse once said: "No sir, I don't like it"

mangomonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mangomonger

i like apple as a company. the way they have marketed there products and and keep something new on shelves throughout the year.  but the apple products i am not a big fan of even though i own an iPhone. the apps on it truly are amazing 

*edit spelling

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tomzombie

i ment to click no dagnabit subtract one from yes add one to no

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mono_Listo

Overall, I don't like their walled garden, lock-in focused business model. I do, however, think that the iPhone (OS and hardware) is a quality product and will enjoy mine until I can pick up an EVO 4g whenever Sprint launches it. I also think they're doomed to repeat their mistakes from the 80's, in which they were extremely successful but watched all of their various market shares evaporate because they obtusely focused on their vision rather than what their customers wanted (even trivial things, like Flash support on the iPhone OS, they refuse to provide and offer inept reasoning against - when the real reason is because Adobe's business philosophy of "write once and deploy on multiple platforms", among other things, conflicts with theirs).

There's also no good reason for their computers and laptops to be so expensive, in my opinion.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By turbomonkey138

yea the I-pod is amazing . And apple computers are the industry standard for editing so i have to like them haha xD

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mono_Listo
@turbomonkey138 said:
" yea the I-pod is amazing . And apple computers are the industry standard for editing so i have to like them haha xD "
Editing is really all about the software - I can't think of any OS X-exclusive application or suite that's dominant for any media editing format. Their hardware is now the same architecture that runs Windows and GNU/Linux as well. They do make a mean UI though, so if that somehow subjectively elevates your experience and productivity while editing, then I can see why you would think that way.

Personally, whether I use Photoshop on Windows or a Mac, it operates the same way. I just have one mouse button on the Mac in the office. And it's a bit slower getting around because I'm so accustomed to Windows hotkeys and Explorer.
Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46  Edited By Castiel

NO!!! But I love lamp.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Mono_Listo said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

" yea the I-pod is amazing . And apple computers are the industry standard for editing so i have to like them haha xD "
Editing is really all about the software - I can't think of any OS X-exclusive application or suite that's dominant for any media editing format. Their hardware is now the same architecture that runs Windows and GNU/Linux as well. They do make a mean UI though, so if that somehow subjectively elevates your experience and productivity while editing, then I can see why you would think that way.  Personally, whether I use Photoshop on Windows or a Mac, it operates the same way. I just have one mouse button on the Mac in the office. And it's a bit slower getting around because I'm so accustomed to Windows hotkeys and Explorer. "
Still the BBC in England have replaced all their avid suites with final cut . Its about £1500 cheaper but produces the same results ..if not better . And btw i prefer Adobe Premier pro cs4 haha . i was mainly talking about video editing btw . Photoshop will always be the best for images
harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By harris

I hate Apple but I love their products.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By oldschool

Apple has served me very well over the last 8 years.  I honestly believe that if I had to persist with Windows based computers, I would not be on the internet right now - it is that awful to me.  If it wasn't for games, I wouldn't even have Windows on my iMac and Macbook - it gets no other use.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By Chris2KLee

I don't have anything particularly against them, but PCs can still do a few things that Mac can't so I stick with PCs for now. I've actually been contemplating finally getting an iPod, but I'll wait till June to see if they unveil a new line with their new iPhone.