• 60 results
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Edited By DarthOrange

Poll Do you like console wars? (220 votes)

Yes 31%
No 50%
I am a robot and thus I feel neither "like" nor "dislike" 20%

How do you feel about console wars? Do they piss you off? Does all the hyperbole make you want to vomit? Or do you enjoy it because fuck yea internet wackiness? Or do you have some other reason? Or do you really just not care either way?

• 
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally love the internet wackiness that come from console wars.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

give peace a chance :(

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By McGhee

I remember that we use to get a lot of former Gamespot people, usually with green names, saying shit like "Yo dawg, I got banned from the console warz on Gamespot. XBOX RUUULLLLEZZZZ."

Enjoyed the subsequent mocking of said individuals, followed by the quick locking of those threads. I am perfectly happy to discuss the merits of different things, but fanboys make me cringe.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I lost all my older brothers to the war. I will NOT abandon my biased choices though, now, when everyone around me has been fighting so hard. How can I do any less?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TyCobb

Console wars are for people to try and justify their purchase. There is no wrong console purchase. Unless you buy Nintendo.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

There can only be number 1.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

Console wars are for people to try and justify their purchase. There is no wrong console purchase. Unless you buy Nintendo.

And so the first stone is thrown. Microsoft Forever, Sony Never!!!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

Videos like this are great:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I have not been this hyped for E3 since the last batch of new consoles.

Loading Video...

I can't wait to see what the internet comes up with after this years press conferences.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Killer Instinct 3 ~> PlayStation All Stars

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find them stupid, illogical and only playing into the marketing.

But yeah, I find them super amusing to watch as an outsider. Sure i will pick a "winner" and probably stick with it like the last two generations. PS2 and xbox 360 being my last two consoles. Currently looking like i'll grab a PS4 over a XB1 unless sony fucks E3 up and microsoft pulls a magic rabbit out of their hat. Still waiting though.

But even after i get my future PS4 I'll find massive amusement in the PS4 fanboys trashing the XB1 and the xbox fanboys coming up with trash talking counter arguments. It'll be fun. I wont take part in it, but i look forward to the trash topics and forums threads that result from this.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chrissedoff

In theory, I find the idea of people going nuts over some bullshit like video games to be fun and funny. I don't want to be in the middle of it, though. So in practice, the answer's no.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Absolutely fucking yes!

I'm a huge advocate for the console wars because competition is the primary driver for innovation and progress in ANY industry.

In the case of gaming, it's the gamers who provide the metric of success or failure. Sure, fanboys are pretty annoying sometimes, but they are an intrinsic part of this grand competition and a great indicator of who is doing a better job of appealing to the common gamesman.

Plus, there is giant enjoyment potential if you don't involve yourself with fanboys, but rather watch their reactions to things.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes of course, it is interesting to see people's passion come alive as long as it is kept civil.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yep. I love all the stupid shit and dumb logic fanboys pull out of their ass to try and 'win' their argument on that their console is better.

It's a beautiful train wreck to watch.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Competition breeds innovation... and a bunch of illogical fanboy twats.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care for the sentiment, but that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. Watching people lose their shit can be interesting.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By devilzrule27

I enjoy watching people make themselves look like assholes on the internet over which game console is superior as if it effects their day to day lives. So yes, i guess. I choose the third option because robots.

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy the consoles having a war, this can only be better for the consumer.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Console wars are dumb, competition is good and all but I want to be able to play any game. Video Games on all platforms dammit!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's silly.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TruthTellah

I like when people have fun with it and simply celebrate their preferred platform, but when people are serious in it, I just want to start slapping everyone until they're spitting blood.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck, no!

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XBones while PlayStation 4-plays.....?

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when they were a big fucking deal back when I was in middle school. Sega vs Nintendo was some serious fuckin' business.

Honestly consoles are so similar these days there is hardly even a point trying to argue which one is better. Just play the one that has the games you want on it.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The crazier people get about it, the less rational discussion can be had, and usually just results in a lot of hateful speech being spouted over the dumbest fucking things.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PolygonSlayer

Although I own any console that have games I like and as such don't really take sides when it comes to consoles, I do enjoy the craziness that results online from console wars. ^_^

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bigjeffrey
No Caption Provided

Someone Made This , I FUCKING HATE CONSOLE WARS

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Yes because competition can bring the best out of developers and hardware manufacturers.

No, Sadly it can bring out the worst in gamers/internet.

I still voted Yes because you can always avoid the negatives.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

The war won't stop for the love of God...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

I remember that we use to get a lot of former Gamespot people, usually with green names, saying shit like "Yo dawg, I got banned from the console warz on Gamespot. XBOX RUUULLLLEZZZZ."

Enjoyed the subsequent mocking of said individuals, followed by the quick locking of those threads. I am perfectly happy to discuss the merits of different things, but fanboys make me cringe.

Huh, I just realised our usernames are no longer tied to console preference colours.

MeganeAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MeganeAgain

Yes, not only because competition breeds excellence and innovation, but also because we get wonderfully silly videos and animated gifs. The more humorous reactions to the Xbox One reveal have provided me with plenty of entertainment in these past few days. Television, dogs, sports!

As awful as it sounds, I am excited to observe the post-E3 fanboy shitstorm. While I do wish for the day when fanboys stop existing to propagate the negative gamer stereotype, I cannot help but be entertained by them.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By swoxx

Yes. I personally don't care. It's about the games for me and I'll play them where they're available, no matter if it says PC, Xbox, Playstation or Wii on it.

But consolewars do entertain me. People get so goddamned riled up, it's fucking nuts.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By JJOR64

Sony does what Nintendid.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Children bicker about which console is the best. Adults recognize the variances in experiences for different people.

The Playstation 3 ended up being the better console both technically and with games which were exclusive between the PC, 360, and PS3, yet I bought the 360 close to launch.

The Playstation 4 is clearly the leader in terms of hardware capability, yet I'm still on the fence about which I'll buy. If I want raw strength, I suppose I'll stick with the PC.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think the fanboy arguments are absolutely hilarious just because of how into it people get.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon robots! We're catching up!

Oh and on topic, I never participate in console wars because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and peace is good and I just don't care enough. But I'm pro console war because they're fun to read. >=]

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its just the children carrying on. let them i say. they'll grow out of it

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The war won't stop for the love of God...

Woah, what a random video clip for that song.

LOVE the song though - the PS4 opening montage was one of Sony's best, and they're totally the kings of gaming montages.

Loading Video...
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still visit System Wars from time to time. Cow for life.

preaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By preaser

Just Chad Warden

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fatalbanana

I don't care either way its all pretty dumb and sometimes that's fun and other times I just shake my head but either way I'm more interested in the games. The whole console wars thing to me seems like dumb marketing that people are blissfully unaware they are even participating in... maybe I'm being a little cynical about the whole thing but all well.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Amducious

Can't be arsed with them most of the time. Then again having fanboys vocally masturbate over their precious devices can be good for a few cheap laughs.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44  Edited By JasonR86

@darthorange: I'm a robot I guess cause I don't give a fuck. Console wars are a young man's game Darth!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's dumb because at the end of the day PC always wins over both of them so what's the point in fighting?

But honestly, it's fucking stupid. There's so many things in the world worth getting pissed off about and talking about more so than kids needing to justify their purchase by saying the other thing is terrible. Each platform will eventually get enough exclusives that make it worth getting eventually. When that happens is different for each person as everyone has different tastes in games and some are willing to put up with dumber shit more easily like the scam of paying for live to access stuff that's free everywhere else.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nardak

Console wars can be quite entertaining. There would be little point for most forums otherwise.

Things would be pretty boring if we would all agree on everything.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Max_Cherry

I used to but I don't like the direction this one is going. It seems to be focusing on features instead of graphical horsepower and games.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DarthOrange
Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49  Edited By Castiel

In the sense that there is a competition between the two consoles of who has the best games. If they force each other to do better, then yes I like console wars.

But if it's just stupid teenagers fighting over which console is the best, cause they obviously don't have anything better to do, then the answer is no. I don't like console wars.

I'm guessing OP is referring to the later and if that is indeed the case, then I got to say: That is a stupid question! Nobody, who is sane, finds that kind of "competition" interesting or worthwhile.

With that being said though: PS4 all the way sucka!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Nope. Everyone has their own opinion and it's their own. It makes someone look utterly ridiculous and childish when attempting to argue that.