Do you miss Splinter Cell Conviction at E3?

hankez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hankez

So, E3 is over and no Conviction news! What are Ubisoft doing?

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By xplodedd

I think what ubi learned from double agent is that they should never rush a game or over hype on, because that causes early release to happen.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By banksrob

yes i was surprised by this, i want ore news on this game

hankez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hankez

Maby, but they could have gave us a little info, a release date or some guy says "Hey Splinter Cell is coming!"

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karmum

I was surprised, and kind of disappointed. I actually enjoyed Double Agent alot, the more I think about it. Conviction also looks like it will be a very good game, too.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xplodedd
hankez said:
"Maby, but they could have gave us a little info, a release date or some guy says "Hey Splinter Cell i coming!""
but you already know splinter cell is coming, thats the problem, they already said that, and they dont want to be pressured into making this game.
Boopie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Boopie

I thought for sure there would be something about it. I guess this means it will be their big game for next fall and probably shown at E3 2009 or something.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By banksrob

or shown later this year at a different event

hankez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hankez
xplodedd said:
"hankez said:
"Maby, but they could have gave us a little info, a release date or some guy says "Hey Splinter Cell i coming!""
but you already know splinter cell is coming, thats the problem, they already said that, and they dont want to be pressured into making this game.
"
According torumours they rebuilding the entire game from scratch but I still hopes for a release this year.
IroncladMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By IroncladMerc

Ubisoft is too busy with their Games 4 Girls and Imagine lines of software and cranking out as many Raving Rabbids games as they can, I imagine. (Does Rayman even appear in those games, BTW?)

They are too busy trying to appeal to those demographics than making games for the "core" gamer.

SyneticK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SyneticK

Yeah, I'm super pumped for this game, like wth ubi? Well, I've read about it and it does sound pretty ambitious and a lot different, let's just hope this extra time is for the best. and I agree with IroncladMerc. What's up with everyone jumping on the damn casual game waggon?

Nightkiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nightkiller93

They are still a long ways off release and Ubisoft need to learn from their mistakes with Double Agent so just give them time.

hankez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hankez
SyneticK said:
"Yeah, I'm super pumped for this game, like wth ubi? Well, I've read about it and it does sound pretty ambitious and a lot different, let's just hope this extra time is for the best. and I agree with IroncladMerc. What's up with everyone jumping on the damn casual game waggon? "
Because the "core" casual games have better sales then hardcore games.
Dusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dusk

If the game isn't shown at Leipzig then I doubt it will be released this year. I was looking forward to it. Some rumors suggest that Ubisoft thought it was too much like Assassin's Creed so the team went back to the drawing board. I imagine we'll see if early next year for a holiday 09 release.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By c_rakestraw
hankez said:
"xplodedd said:
"hankez said:
"
According torumours they rebuilding the entire game from scratch but I still hopes for a release this year."
It won't be coming out this year, its coming out sometime in 2009.
THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By THE_END
Please tell me this game is coming out on the PS3.... I'm going to be pissed if it is not!
Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gnorbooth

I am curious to see what becomes of this game.  I remember checking out the trailers that came out for it a year ago, where Sam Fisher looked like a tougher more hardcore Brian Ekberg.  They were doing a lot of the crowd and interaction that Assassins Creed had...but now it sounds like its being completely re-hauled and rebuilt.  Patiently waiting to see if it will be worth the wait.