Do you plan on buying a Series X, S, or PS5?

Zacklby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you plan on buying a Series X, S, or PS5? (185 votes)

Xbox Series X 28%
Xbox Series S 6%
PS5 66%

Self explanatory. I just signed up for the Xbox all access service to get a Series X. I was a diehard Nintendo only person until the PS2. I had both the ps2 and the original Xbox. I stuck with only xbox consoles up until the ps4, having both the ps4 and Xbox one (and the Switch).

So now I'm getting the Series X because that's where my huge catalog of games are, and the couple friends that I play with online.

• 
navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was lucky enough to preorder a launch Series X, so that base is covered. Will probably get a PS5 in the next year or so, unless Sony ups the quality of PS Now. If they can get me Spider-Man 2 at an equivalent quality to Stadia then that’s good enough for me.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think there’s already a thread about this but yeah I already got a Series S to replace my Rock Band machine (One X). I don’t need a Series X when I have a capable PC. Just recently got a PS5 through Kohl’s with a stroke of luck. Sadly it’s the disc version (wanted the digital) that was bundled with an extra controller and Spiderman which isn’t completely horrible because I already wanted Spider-Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the PS5 actually starts showing up in my area and maybe a price drop I'll get one. The way the crew talks about Playroom is something I need to experience for myself.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will likely pick up at PS5 when the amount of good exclusives hits critical mass (maybe after the new God of War: Ragnarök drops? or Horizon Forbidden West).

the only xbox game i'm looking to play is Senua's Saga: Hellblade II- so whenever that drops, if the Series S is cheap maybe i'll pick that up. but if i have new pc build by then, maybe i'll just play it there.

dcraig814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to picking up a PS5 but holding off as long as possible to get past the first run jitters. I would be ecstatic if Sony released a refreshed model with more storage and in black this fall but not sure how realistic that is.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I plan on buying a ps5 fall 2021

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Picked up a Series X in November and will buy a PS5 once those become more available.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I’m gonna try to grab a PS5 sometime this year if the supply shortage is ever worked out. I can’t stand refreshing web pages endlessly only to have them crash and then get no-stocked by bots. Just a rotten time!

I weirdly want a Series X also, but I have a PC so that would be kind of a pointless buy.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

If I get one, it will be a PS5, although I'm not really sure if I'm even going to get that. I mean, yeah, I'd love to play Demon's Souls in all its glory, but that's kind of it, and I'm not a huge fan of Sony's exclusives anyway.

I have a PC for Xbox Series games and all of the other Xbox consoles covered.

@nateandrews said:

I’m gonna try to grab a PS5 sometime this year if the supply shortage is ever worked out. I can’t stand refreshing web pages endlessly only to have them crash and then get no-stocked by bots. Just a rotten time!

I weirdly want a Series X also, but I have a PC so that would be kind of a pointless buy.

I also want one, if I'm being honest, but it's impossible to justify when I already have a PC and buy all my games through Steam or GOG. If my Steam and/or GOG libraries worked on it, I'd probably buy one ASAP to use as a living room controller-focused gaming PC, something I'd like to have but which is much too expensive for me to justify right now.

crashman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am torn on this. I have a One S and bought into three years of Gamepass at the beginning of the pandemic. I am loving Gamepass and my brother and cousins (the only people I play online with) are in the Xbox ecosystem.

But I am a big Souls fan and what I’ve seen of the rerelease of Demon Souls has made me badly want to play both that and Bloodborne, neither of which I have ever tried before. I’d rather only buy one next gen system so I can invest in a better monitor.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for PS5 because I already own one, and I'm not in the market for an Xbox Series X/S

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

At this point I’ll probably be picking up a PS5 Pro when those get announced

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wollywoo

Where's the 'neither' option? There's just not that much that captures my interest that I can't already get on PS4 or Switch, and those are powerful enough for me in terms of graphical prowess. I may eventually get a PS5 in a couple years if there's an AAA game that I really, really want. No interest in Xbox since most of the good stuff there I can get on other platforms.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14 FinalDasa  Moderator

Leaning toward an Xbox Series X but I'm beginning to eye some upgrades to my PC first.

Without a lot of games coming down the pipe neither console has really sold me that I need one sitting under my TV immediately. But I could always use a boost in RAM.

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting on the "verdict" on next-gen. It looks like a bunch of games will be delayed to 2022 (via. Jason Schreier).

I'd get a Series S, but the digital PS5 is only $100 more. So I'll probably get that for the sake of extra SSD space and 4k support, plus my games library is on that platform.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll get both some time this year I think, when the stock craze hopefully dies down.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm keeping an eye out for a PS5 -- a Series X just doesn't offer that much to someone invested in a decent PC already.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Got a PS5 as my primary machine and a Series S as a Game Pass machine.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did buy a PS5. Wasn't really planning on it but gave the hunt a go to just learn how sites were handling it and got lucky with a Sony Direct pretty shortly after launch.

Would like to get an XSEX eventually but I just can't justify it as so much of that will be cross platform and I prefer PC gaming. I love gamepass and would love faster load times for some of the remaining console games (and a non bass ackwards infrastructure in a console...). Still has value as a living room gaming box (and synchronized saves is nice) but can't justify an upgrade over the xbone for quite some time.

tomtsagk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a PS4, so I was thinking I should try an xbox. I feel like I enjoyed most of the exclusives of the playstation line, and it would be the perfect time to try the xbox ones.

The naming conventions does make that quite difficult though. Not sure what people were thinking when they named the xbox consoles for this generation :/

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah

NPfeifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to track down a Series S. I had to pawn my Xbox One and Xbox One X (that I had just set up) and I've been out an Xbox for a couple years now. 1080p TV, so Series S is great.

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS5 at some point after they figure out their supply issues. I'm in no rush as there's still multiple PS4 games I wanna play that I haven't yet.

I play my PS4 regularly. On the other hand, I have a XBOX One S but rarely turn it on. I have GamePass until August from upgrading my XBox Live Gold account for $1, but I really haven't made use of it. For the most part, by the time a game arrives on there I've either played it or it's heavily discounted if I were to just buy it. If you like Xbox exclusives that go there on launch day, it's great. But for me those have really been lacking this gen. Right now I'd like to play RE7 and Control, but when on sale I can buy those 2 games for a total of $30. So as cool as GamePass seems and can be for some people, it hasn't been great in my experience.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone with a pretty beefy PC, I don't see the need for a new Xbox. I'll get a PS5 when they're readily available; I'm not going out of my way by refreshing websites or joining discords to find one. This feels like the least hype launch of new hardware I can remember. What is there that makes me anxious to drop $500 + $70 to play?

Cubecubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Cubecubed

My Series X is currently being shipped. i recently got a 4k display and it was either spend the money on a GPU that can push 4k, or a series X. The series X won out.
The fact i can access my existing xbox library of over 500 titles and 3 previous console gens was the selling point, as well as the optimizations that old titles are getting. Throw in the fact i'm real bored with what Sony's first party output has been, and the fact that I'm betting on MS to finally have a few of their exclusives hit like they used ti,

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#26 sweep  Moderator

I was lucky enough to nab a PS5 on launch day, although my brother is one of those out there hunting for new stock. I was still using a launch PS4 up until now so even though there's not that many PS5 games to play it's really nice having a multimedia machine under the TV which will let me play my existing PS4 library at 60fps without sounding like a helicopter is taking off.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been actively looking for a Series X for the past week without any luck. I know I'll get one soon enough, and I'm honestly not in a huge hurry, but playing Hitman 3 on my One X really makes me wish it was running off an SSD.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By brainwins

Is it a dumb thing to say that I'm buying a PS5 because I have a decent gaming PC?

The way I see it, Microsoft is bringing most of their heavy hitters to Windows, too. So I risk missing more games if I don't have a Playstation.

edit: I'm seeing some people already brought this point, so I'm not that clueless :D

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Yeah I'm going to get a PS5....eventually. I was all gung ho with money saved to buy a next gen this holiday season, but the shortages; gouging and overall lukewarm nature of the launches in general made me happy I decided to wait until this shortage stuff is gone to get one.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS5. It can play the few PS4 games I own, and its library of games interests me far more than Xbox's.

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I can ever find one.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#32  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm thinking I'll try and pick up a PS5 this Summer if they're available. At this point Demon Souls and the new Ratchet and Clank are the games I'm mostly interested in.

Honestly, I've been playing a ton of my Switch lately and that'll probably do the job for the time being.

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of the above. I don't have a TV, rather a projector hooked up to my PC with a rather convoluted audio setup. I haven't seen any console exclusives I absolutely must have, and Game Pass on the PC has been supplying me with a ready supply of new content. No reason to buy a console when my PC already runs everything on my 1440p 165hz G-Sync monitor with RTX. Control was phenomenal, and I played it for $0 (beyond the subscription, which I bought with the XBL conversion trick)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was lucky to have both gifted to me. *shrug*

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

PS5 if I had to pick one as I love God of War franchise. I have a PS4 and been playing it since I am waiting till Ragnorok gets a trailer and release date. Xbox Series X, not a huge fan of the system as I have a Xbox One but don't really play it though a few games like Fable would definitely make me get one.

Maybe Christmas or just wait till next year though I should get a 4K TV.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got XSX on launch and waiting for PS5 delivery, hopefully on Monday. I don't need it now, but will need it for the new Ratchet, so might as well get it now and play Borderlands 3 in 4k.

Enk1du

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting a PS5, I would get the Series X also but I just bought the Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X in July of last year and dont want to upgrade again so soon. Plus it just looks so good I dont want to box it up.

schindigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only planning on getting just a PS5 and not both strictly cause my gaming PC is still pretty good so no need for a Series X right now.

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a Series X a couple months ago, I don't think I'm gonna do a ps5 until they do a slim model or something. I don't like how it looks, the hard drive is too small to be reasonable, and I have heard too many people having too many problems with this first run(jeff and brad included)....better waiting for me.

I'll reassess when the new God of War has a release date.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c360497d24a
deactivated-60c360497d24a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a PS5 and *maybe* a Series X (don’t really need one as I have a solid PC) but I seriously doubt I’ll be able to purchase either until late summer or early fall. I just don’t see supplies getting where they need to be for a while.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

If/When they become more available, I will eventually get both, but probably a Series X first. I have about half the song library Alex does for Rock Band 4 (which is still sizable at 1480 songs) and would very much like the faster loading times he spoke of. However, I might wait until the first hardware revision or until the up the size of the hard drive. I think that's the limiting factor on both at the moment... aside from there being very few games I can't play somewhere else.

thelingo56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thelingo56

I might eventually get a Series X once it dips in price just for backwards compatibility alone. For now, I'm more than happy with the PS5 as a console though. If they supported PS1-PS3 games like Xbox does for OG/360 I wouldn't even be considering a Series X.

We'll also probably have to see how good Microsoft can build exclusives. Although most of the companies they've picked up have games I'd probably prefer to play on PC.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Still looking at a PS5 for Demon's Souls and PS4 back compat.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I might put off buying a PS5 until fall, or when a game I want is on it. I can't buy one anyway where I live, so I'm just going to slow down.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was lucky to get my PS5 pre-order done in September a few minutes after Best Buy Canada put them up. Love it, but of course it needs some firmware and UI improvements. Also I have some coil whine, but it's pretty minor. Since I'd been using my launch PS4 since 2013, the back-compat alone was worth it for me. It's been flawless for every game I've tried so far.

I have no interest in non-Playstation consoles.

GythaOgden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I can walk into a shop (or use Very.co.uk through my TopCashback app) and just pick one up off a shelf and take it to the till, it's gonna be a PS5. I'm happy with what I have RN and have enough games to last me the decade, but I also like being part of the current generation rather than stuck in the last one, so for sure will get one at some point.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Series X

Will get a PS5 sometime later this year when its easier to find.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I got rid of my PS4 in 2016 and missed out on all the Sony exclusives since. I'm looking forward to catching up on the upgraded PS5 versions of TLOU2, God of War and hopefully getting into the new Ratchet & Clank sometime this summer! I have a PC with a 1060 and I can still play most Xbox games on there (on medium at 1080, but still) so Series X has little appeal to me.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably both a PS5 and a Series X eventually, but the PS5 is the priority since I already have a gaming PC. Mostly want the Series X for backwards compatible stuff.