Do you prefer Doom Eternal Campaign or TitanFall 2 Campaign?

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you prefer Doom Eternal Campaign or TitanFall 2 Campaign? (98 votes)

Like both equally 8%
Doom Eternal Campaign 7%
Titanfall 2 Campaign 84%

should be interesting

• 
Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have fantastic gameplay but Titanfall 2 also has a lot of really creative levels, a story that isn’t garbo, and BT.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ReachMorrowind
@efesell said:

Both have fantastic gameplay but Titanfall 2 also has a lot of really creative levels, a story that isn’t garbo, and BT.

Eternal also gotta lot of annoying bugs too...but I do ultimately prefer Eternal overall as I think it has a lot more combat depth, much better music, art design, and enemy AI, and isn't ridiculously short.

EDIT: But I'd pick 2016 and DOOM 64 over both EASILY

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidenote: DOOM 64 is so underrated.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Doom Eternal didn’t click with me as much as I hoped it would and I fell off of it. Titanfall 2 is one of my favorite shooter campaigns.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom Eternal didn’t click with me as much as I hoped it would and I fell off of it. Titanfall 2 is one of my favorite shooter campaigns.

Did you like 2016. I know a lot of people who like 2016 but dislike Eternal

Psygnosis911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall 2 is the best video game of all time.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Both. Titanfall 2 was fun, and Doom Eternal was fun.

But I played way more Eternal overall.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Titanfall 2 had a surprisingly good campaign and well made levels. Doom Eternal had a weak campaign and the level design wasn't as good. But IMO the best overall FPS campaign to come out of the last generation of games was Killzone: Shadow Fall. Often overlooked, but very good in a lot of ways.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall 2 is the best video game of all time.

Fair

Avatar image for mynameisfatmike
mynameisfatmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the gameplay (it really clicked with me) is stronger in Doom Eternal, but as a complete package, Titanfall 2 just absolutely slaps on all cylinders. The story, characters, set pieces, and environments are all top notch, so I gotta go with that one

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gotta go with Titanfall 2 here. Doom Eternal is a lot of fun, but the level design and story in Titanfall 2 is top-notch for a shooter.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall 2, in my opinion, was one of the best shooter campaigns ever made. Doom Eternal's was frustrating, confusing, endlessly long, boring and monotonous. However- Doom 2016 vs. Titanfall 2? Now that's a conversation worth having.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall 2 has THE GREATEST single-player campaign in ANY first person shooter. Full stop.

#Titanfall2RideOrDie

#BT7274

#PilotJackCooper

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Oh the Doom Eternal campaign just plain sucks, it’s not even a worthy comparison. This is not to be misconstrued for a judgement of the core gameplay which, while not my speed, was extremely good at what it wanted to do. The campaign though was very lackluster.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Oh the Doom Eternal campaign just plain sucks, it’s not even a worthy comparison. This is not to be misconstrued for a judgement of the core gameplay which, while not my speed, was extremely good at what it wanted to do. The campaign though was very lackluster.

Did you think the Battle Mode was better?

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By sometingbanuble
No Caption Provided

@reachmorrowind: I would say Doom Eternal has more potential to be the better campaign. If they built onto the first game in a better manner than Titanfall 2 on 1. I gave TF2 a chance and though Jeff G. gushes for it there's not much there. Infinite Warfare had better bot emotion. BF1 better use of time travel in that it took us to an often overlooked time period of WW1

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reachmorrowind: I didn’t even try it. I beat Eternal and by the end of the campaign I found it more exhausting than fun - the stuff they did with the combat was not my cup of tea so I didn’t really play more than that.

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shouldn't this poll be Doom 2016 vs. Titanfall 2, based on the results from your previous poll? And why are you specifying the campaign this time? It seems like you're trying to prove a point about Doom Eternal.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, Titanfall 2. Easy. I know Doom Eternal has it's fans but for me it's not even something I would have thought of comparing because they are so far away from each other, and not that Doom Eternal is bad, just that it's not a close race. Doom 2016 would have been closer, but even then Titanfall 2 would win for me, easily.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@reachmorrowind: I didn’t even try it. I beat Eternal and by the end of the campaign I found it more exhausting than fun - the stuff they did with the combat was not my cup of tea so I didn’t really play more than that.

What did you think of DOOM 2016?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reachmorrowind: I really liked 2016 from both the gameplay and campaign side of things. I remember at the launch of Eternal during multiple interviews Hugo Martin kept using this analogy that Doom Eternal is like Forumla 1 and I have to agree. If Doom Eternal is F1 then Doom 2016 was a lot more like Rally Racing. It's a bit slower, a bit sloppier, you can fudge the corners a bit and still make it through alright, whereas in F1 you need to hit all your marks perfectly or else you're bouncing off the walls. Eternal was just a little too fast paced for my liking, and I didn't like the direction they leaned into for the story either. Eternal is definitely a great achievement in creating amazing synergy of systems in a first person shooter, but if you can't keep up with it then it's just not very fun.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@reachmorrowind: I really liked 2016 from both the gameplay and campaign side of things. I remember at the launch of Eternal during multiple interviews Hugo Martin kept using this analogy that Doom Eternal is like Forumla 1 and I have to agree. If Doom Eternal is F1 then Doom 2016 was a lot more like Rally Racing. It's a bit slower, a bit sloppier, you can fudge the corners a bit and still make it through alright, whereas in F1 you need to hit all your marks perfectly or else you're bouncing off the walls. Eternal was just a little too fast paced for my liking, and I didn't like the direction they leaned into for the story either. Eternal is definitely a great achievement in creating amazing synergy of systems in a first person shooter, but if you can't keep up with it then it's just not very fun.

That is fair

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Wacomole
@humanity said:

...you need to hit all your marks perfectly or else you're bouncing off the walls.

...or just aimlessly punching the wall as you fall to [yet another] death!

I picked up Doom Eternal on the PS5 just recently in the Black Friday Sales and it was not, in my opinion, money well spent.

I was a big fan of the 2016 Doom, but they really lost me with Eternal.

I didn't mind so much that they cranked up the difficulty with the types and amounts of enemies they threw at you. Even constantly running out of ammo was not completely frustrating.

No, the one thing that, in the end, made me delete the game was the damned traversal nonsense. It killed the game stone dead for me.

Even putting points into an upgrade for better in-air control did nothing to alleviate the situation.

Also, by the time I quit the game, the story was absolutely no incentive to carry on and see where it was going.

The upshot being, I had infinitely more fun with Titanfall 2's campaign than I had with Doom Eternal... even though I had no interest in the first Titanfall.

ReachMorrowind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReachMorrowind

It really confuses me why people find the platforming in Eternal HARD.

Even Super Mario has harder platforming.

Now boring, random, and lacking cohesiveness? Now that's accurate

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@clagnaught said:

Did you like 2016. I know a lot of people who like 2016 but dislike Eternal

I liked Doom 2016. Some parts felt a little same-y, so I think some more unique levels or spreading out some of the enemies would have made it felt more fresh all the way through.

The parts of Doom Eternal I played felt too self serious and I think the difficulty spike is a bit much upfront. I heard other people say Doom Eternal feels like a straight continuation of Doom 2016, and I agree with that.