Do you stop firing your weapon after throwing a grenade?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Do you stop firing your weapon after throwing a grenade? (280 votes)

Yes, I want to see the grenade explode and finish off the enemy. 38%
No, I want to maximize my damage and continue firing after throwing a grenade. 44%
I just want to see the results. 18%

I was curious if you Duders ever stop firing your weapon after throwing a grenade in a videogame. Like whenever I used to play the old Halo games I would always stop firing after throwing a sticky grenade on an enemy just to see it explode. It seems silly but whenever I throw a grenade I want to see the enemy die from it and get sent flying, so I stop firing my primary weapon to see the explosion. I also feel if I've already thrown a grenade any ammo I use up on that enemy would be a waste because the grenade is going to kill it. Do you Duders do the same?

• 
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

When it's a single-player game where enemies will for sure die from explosions, yes.

When it's multi-player and when enemies can survive an explosion, then no. Either to maximize the damage to ensure the kill, or in the case of multiplayer to add to the chaos so they either die from the grenade or from me continuing to shoot at em when they're flushed out.

If the AI is good enough I'll shoot at a reduced rate to animation-stun em till the grenade goes off, and if it's really good enough I'll treat em like players and not let up.

Mage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the only fps i play these days is csgo so I do stop firing after throwing a grenade. unless he's behind something I can shoot through.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Generally if I'm throwing grenades it's cause I don't have line of site to the enemy, or it's a pre-emptive nade or something. If you throw a grenade in CSGO with the enemy in front of you you will die 100% of the time.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Generally I’m throwing a grenade because I’m out ammo, and the grenade is giving cover to reload.

Destiny 2 punishes this grenade spam behaviour because they are on a cool down, which is a good way to break the habit, and forces me to be be a bit more precise with them.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep firing. The grenade gives suppression and confusion allowing you the upper hand.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Why stop. When the grenade is out is a great opportunity to catch people moving!

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this weird nonsensical compulsion to stop firing after I throw a grenade because I want to maximize the lethal potential of the grenade. I don't want everyone to be dead already by the time it explodes, so I usually just wait for it to explode then clean up the rest with my primary weapon.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#8 sweep  Moderator

When I'm playing pubg i'll keep firing because I can't afford to give the grenade the benefit of the doubt. But in singleplayer games like Halo or Wolfenstein I'll throw and then ceasefire, either because I don't want to waste ammo or because I know if something goes wrong I'll be able to reload and take another crack at it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I tend to use grenades more as an opener than a finisher (like if I'm pinned down or if I just need a distraction to move in), so I'll toss one and then start firing

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only use grenades for suppression, or to get the enemy out of cover.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I use grenades to kill people I can't see, deal damage to groups of enemies, or hit people while I'm running away from them. I don't use grenades to take a break from shooting while I have ammo left, especially if I'm then not going to take that break.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Grenades can be used in many ways in a single game, much less across many. Throwing stuff and then that stuff exploding is really cool, at least in our toy worlds. Some of the things that made it hard to pick one poll answer:

• fighting NPCs or real people
  • scarcity of ammo & grenades in the game
  • game is very fast (doom) or slow (resident evil)
  • grenade is regular (explosive) or not (ice/chaff/poison/etc)
  • grenade has a timer (like the sticky OP mentioned) or just instantly explodes
  • grenade leaves enemy in a dps state (burning/poisoned) or not
  • throw physics are loose/floaty (halo) or heavy/fast (cod)

Otherwise what sweep & elmorales said sum up my feelings pretty well!

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 63

It all depends on why I threw it. Sometimes I do it to draw someone out or to make them run in a different direction. If I throw it and an enemy runs out where I can shoot them then I absolutely will. The only time I won't worry about it is if I stick an enemy with some sort of sticky grenade.

Avatar image for thatonedudenick
ThatOneDudeNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In single player, i stop to see the the reward of my good throw. In multiplayer, nope (unless i'm flushing people out of a 2nd floor window or whatever).