Do you tend to finish games to completion (finishing the story or main mode) or do you find yourself moving on to others before they are "done"?

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daveydave
Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Daveydave

I ask this question because before I thought I was quite good at finishing up my games, but in actual fact, I am shite.  

Looking at my shelf, I have nearly 6 games on the xbox that I am half way through and not touched in weeks, and my 3DS 
suffers even worse, with almost 3/4 of my ds collection uncompleted. I don't seem to get bored of the game itself, just I 
seem to move onto to something else when it arrives.  

Anyone else with our problem? Maybe I need to see a therapist or go to rehab? :) 

Dave

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

I always finish games unless if I don't like it.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Vonocourt

I do tend to swap between games, some shelved before being completed none the less 100%. Wii games are the most susceptible to the dreaded neglect, but I do finish most of the ones on PS and 360.

Voted for D though, cuz I have a lot of unfinished games.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I tend to swap unless a game really grabs my attention, but I generally always go back and finish the ones I start eventually. 

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shiftymagician

It all depends on a case-by-case basis on what grabs me.  I didn't ever bother to complete many games, but Super Meat Boy was so entertaining for me that I willingly 100% the game and felt great beating all the levels and unlocking everything.  I never care for achievements so usually I never S-rank any game except for Osmos (another game that just clicked with me).

barinelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By barinelg

It really varies for me. If by finished to completion you mean "finished the main game and saw the ending," I normally try really hard to do so before moving onto another game. Going for the 100% though I tend to not do often unless I really love the game. There's so many great games out and so little free time I tend to move on pretty quickly after finishing a game. I still have a pretty large backlog that I need to go through.

If only scientists could give me more hours in a day. Based on the many truths about the future from Futurama, it should be possible, right?

sixtey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sixtey7

Unless a game really sucks me in, or I really try to, I never finish a game. I tend to play games in large chunks (ie play a ton of one game over a weekend) and then never touch them again. I have little time during the week to play games, and I find that after a week has past, I've lost intrest in the game. The worst was Final Fantasy XIII, where I got to the last boss (which is total bullshit btw) couldn't kill it, turned off the system with the intention of wrapping up the boss the next day and never played it again...

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By UlquioKani

I tend to force myself to go through them because there is no chance of me returning to them

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Azteck

It depends. I find myself not finishing as many PC games as I did console games for some reason. I still have The Witcher and a bunch of steam games to complete whereas I only have Dead Space 2 left on my xbox.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

A for me, even if the game is just down right terrible in my opinion I finish it up to at least try and find some sort of reason that I spent money on it. (Dragon Age 2 comes to mind)

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By zyn
@Redbullet685 said:
I always finish games unless if I don't like it.
This.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By penguindust

I usually focus all my attention on a game for a week or so, and then I put it down.  Months or even years will pass before I pick it up again.  By then I've forgotten everything so I restart from the beginning and the cycle repeats itself.  I don't finish too many games.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By JoeyRavn

I tend to finish the games to %100, though I make some exceptions. If I've gotten all the Achievements in the game and there is literally nothing new for me there, I move on. For example, Darksiders, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, etc. Also, I rarely touch the multiplayer component if there's one. I'm much more of a single player guy myself, so most of the multiplayer Achievements and mechanics of the game are alien to me.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanwho

Most of the games I've played are unfinished. And more specifically, most of the unfinished games I've played are maybe an hour or 2 from the very end and will never be completed. I don't feel any obligation to finish a story after it goes to shit or a continue with gameplay after it'd gotten tedious. If I ever finish a game, Im sad that its over. Im never relieved to have finished something because if a game has become the kind of chore that Im glad its over, I wouldn't have finished. Although Brotherhood was kind of a chore near the end but only because I stupidly chose to do those awful DeVinci missions. But when you concentrate on the main game, you get to the end pretty fast so I managed to finish.