Do you think the GB crew will be back this week?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Humanity

Normally work is a good distraction for these sorta things but when your job is to be funny while talking about video games then I imagine that's a bit rough to parse out the grief while keeping a smile on your face.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By CreepingDeath0

I wouldn't be surprised if they took another week. There's not really anything game related that needs to be talked about or covered. Maybe Brad gets back into DOTA.

Of the top of my head, some things that could be worth a Quick Look by the GB guys

Walking Dead: 400 days
MGS legacy
Cube World (I expect we'll be seeing something from Jeff on this, as he played it last week)
Toki Tori 2
Civ 5 Brave New World (Special Dave guest appearance anyone?)
FF7 re-release
Gun Monkeys
Trackmania Valley

So yeah, there are definately things out there that I at least consider worth covering to some extent.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Darji

Bombcast for sure also maybe another mailbag but for other stuff I rather doubt it.

@humanity: Also don't forget that their friend and coworker died. I don't think it is a good distraction to be in the office with that.

kadayi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By kadayi

I'd say a lot really depends on whether they've had Ryan's funeral yet. It's often the case when someone close passed that people need that formalized closure and coming together of family & friends in order to begin the process of slowly moving on.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CptBedlam

Doing a some sort of liveshow this week would probably be a good first step. That way they can talk about Ryan in between and during segments if they feel like doing so.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgf said:

@castiel said:

@feanor said:

My job would be pretty pissed if i took 2 weeks off of work because a friend died.

Flagged for being an asshole.

Thats just how it is. Why would you want to flag someone for that? You're the one thats rude here.

What he said was complete nonsense and totally insensitive. Well deserved flag.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What you could all do is come together and watch/participate in hours upon hours of duders doing some streaming for a good cause in memory of Ryan, the games he loved/hated, and this site. We'll have GIFs, too.

The staff will get back to doing what they do, when they can. That's about as long as you'll have to wait.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

People deal with loss differently. My Mum died while I was in my final year of university, I stopped working for about 4 days, then forced myself to start work again. I just needed something to focus on.

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope so. I wouldn't blame them at all if they took another week off, but I just need to get some new GB content, it's been nearly 2 weeks.

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

I could go for making Ryan a saint. Get up in that canonization, dawg.

He's already a Saint. ♥

No Caption Provided

Damn, Ryan started to work out hard in heaven.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jgf

@rasmoss said:

@jgf said:

@castiel said:

@feanor said:

My job would be pretty pissed if i took 2 weeks off of work because a friend died.

Thats just how it is. Why would you want to flag someone for that? You're the one thats rude here.

What he said was complete nonsense and totally insensitive. Well deserved flag.

But its true. At many jobs you don't get two weeks off. But also many jobs don't require making funny conversation in front of a camera, so I totally get why you can't compare these situations. Still I don't find it offensive. I read it as "I wouldn't be allowed to take 2 weeks off, therefore I wonder if CBS even allows them to take 2 weeks off." So an argument that they probably have to put something up during this week.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@feanor said:

MY job would be really pissed if i played video games at work.

...because everything is the same for everybody.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By onarum

@jgf said:

@castiel said:

@feanor said:

That's how it is on a regular crappy office job most of us have.. I also guarantee that if who passed away was some dude that only Jeff knew for example he wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 days off.

What happens is that apart from being a very close friend Ryan was a pivotal part of everything they did.. he was in like 95% of all the content they put out, so no, it's not the same thing...

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: agreed, its a very different Situation. But how is that offensive? I did not see the need to call him names and flag his comment. Just explain that the situation is not really comparable.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgf: yeah, I agree flagging and name calling was unnecessary.

Synekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Synekal

I'm betting on a Bombcast this week -- even if it's another retrospective, or just a shorter than normal one. Never missing a Bombcast is Ryan's legacy right their, and I don't think they would sully that. Hell, they did one that week!

I'm guessing Quick Looks (if any) will be light, and I'm not expecting to see be watching any live shows on Thursday or Friday. Hell, I'm not even ready to watch those yet, so I can't even imagine if they're ready to put them on for us.

Edit: My stupid punctuation...

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Community should step up and make quick looks

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truthfully, I don't think so.

It's still too soon. I couldn't laugh with the guys in a live stream just yet. Jeff seemed completely devastated at the end of the podcast. I don't know how much he would have in him to do the first live show without Ryan being around to see it.

But, when they do come back, they should do a Ryan's Favorite Games memorial UPF or TNT where they play some of his favorites.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#71 chaser324  Moderator

This discussion has gone off the rails a bit, so I'm just going to go ahead and lock it down.

The guys will get back to work when it makes sense to do so - from both a personal and professional perspective.