• 58 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

After watching Gerstman's hoarding video I wondered if I'd ever amass even a quarter of such an amazing collection of video games. After some thought I came to the conclusion of no. Mainly because I never keep games that I no longer have any intention to play. I'm a somewhat poor college student so when there is a game I want to play I end up trimming the fat of my collection. I'm curious to see how others feel about trading in their games either via gamestop or other outlets. So how do you treat your collection?

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jimi

I used to, but every shop here will rip you off something fierce for trading things in. Now I either sell them or ebay or give them to friends who don't have them.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By morningstar

No I collect them.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#4  Edited By sammo21

Generally no. The only time I do is I feel I made a major mistake in my purchase or if I will NEVER go back to the game again. Example of the later: Darksiders. I platinumed that game within 2 weeks and even though I liked the game I knew it wouldn't age well and I had nothing else to go back to for enjoyment. If i had bought Asura's Wrath opposed to rent I would have traded that crap in within a few days.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Not anymore. When I was still a student, I had to in order to be able to play the newest releases. Now I like to watch my collection grow. I vowed never to return a game ever again - not since I ended up buying a few games a second time after getting the urge to play through them again.

Last week, I actually bought Borderlands for my 360 after having traded in my PS3 copy (which I had easily spent over 100 hours with) last year. So yeah. Never trading in a game again.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

I did for a time when I was particularly low on cash, a dark period of my life. Nowadays, nope, and I have re-bought most of the games I traded in too, I've always been a collector at heart. Proud to say some aspects of my collection could rival Jeff's, but overall his is much more impressive. I eventually want a room where every inch of wall is covered by game cases.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By doobie

no i sell them on ebay.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

Only if they're duplicates of something I already have.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

sometimes when I want a new game but don't want to spend any cash, I'll trade in some games I don't care about

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By williamhenry

Always sell them on Amazon or eBay when I'm done. Whats the point of keeping a game I'm never going to play again?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Animasta

@FancySoapsMan said:

sometimes when I want a new game but don't want to spend any cash, I'll trade in some games I don't care about

same

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I like to keep mine even if there are duplicates. Unless my friend wants to buy a game off me that I don't particularly care for (like a friend bought a DBZ fighting game) I would keep it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

Nope, it's too much of a hassle and the money you get back isn't worth anything. I'd trade one game for another similarly valued game with a friend or something, but I'd never actually trade in for credit.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jasta

I feel guilty if I trade them in, its no wonder I'm running out of shelf space.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By UltorOscariot

Not really. I'm usually pretty picky about what I buy at full price(though I have done a few recent rescues from Kmart bargin bins), do when I do throw down cash, it's for an addition to my library. A library I may have to be buried with.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DelroyLindo

I used to be a complete hoarder, but after moving home 4 times in the last 5 years i began to realise how much of a pain in the ass it is having to pack and move games I know I'm not likely to play again. I pretty much sell stuff i'm done with now.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By laserbolts

Never.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude

I trade my games in all the time.

Pixelationist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pixelationist

I traded in all my snes stuff for a PS1 (and Tomb Raider god forbid) back when I was young and retarded, something I regret to this day.

Since then I have vowed to keep everything.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ltsmash

I've been able to get rid of several PS2, DS, and XBOX 360 games on Glyde and Amazon. I'm more concerned with reclaiming storage space than making money.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uniform

Nope. I'm a collector that doesn't take chances when purchasing games. There isn't a title in my collection I would want to sell. Thanks to that, I have quite a few rare gems.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Sometimes.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Grimace

I keep my games.

However, this wasn't always the case - I'm sure I wasnt the only 11 to 13 year-old who thought (mainly due to the fact that at the time I got one or two new games a year) that trading in was a magical thing. So you can imagine how much hard to find stuff has left my possession.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#24  Edited By gla55jAw

I used to trade in or sell on eBay a lot of my games, but I kinda stopped doing that. I'll trade in a Madden game around this time, so I can still get a decent amount for it, because I know I'll buy the new one when it comes out and the current copy will be usless (I got $30 for my copy when I traded for SSX).

It might be because I started picking up more and more games to play in the future when I find them on sale, but I like holding on to them. The last time I traded in a decent amount was because Gamestop was giving 50% extra and they had Buy 2 get 2 free on PS2 and GameCube games, so I traded in maybe 6 games and bought....like 60 hahaha.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By strainedeyes

I don't have much extra income to buy games, so I tend to trade in (to Amazon) most of what I have gotten over the last few months in order to get new games.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lockwoodx

I sell games at the local pawn store because they have some very cool retro stuff in there.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Canteu

Always. I usually only have 3-4 games at once for the current gen console.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Pixelationist said:

I traded in all my snes stuff for a PS1 (and Tomb Raider god forbid) back when I was young and retarded, something I regret to this day.

Since then I have vowed to keep everything.

So what games did you have for the SNES that you regret trading in? I'm glad I held onto mine and all my games...

I sell games that I know I will never play again, or if I bought a duplicate on the PC. I'm running out of space due to all the games and movies I own.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By duskvamp

I'm a bit of a hoarder, but when I rarely do sell a game I'll do it on eBay or Amazon, I've never traded in.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#30  Edited By abdo

Absolutely not. I might sell them through eBay though, so neither me or the buyer gets ripped off.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31  Edited By JTB123

Not any more, I used to when I was younger and the only way I could get new games was to trade the ones I had. Now I never trade in, even the game is garbage, I still hang on to it.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Vorbis

I did it once about 15 years ago, I took in a stack of PS1 games planning to buy a latest release. They offered me £5, I walked.

Never again.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By weegieanawrench

Yeah, just this past summer I traded in a large portion of my collection, about 30 games. They were all 360 games and if valued at full price (some of the games were already used or DLC), they were worth about 1800 dollars. I got $142 back, or 7% of the value. If you can't tell, I kinda sorta really regret it. Never again.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By fugie7

no

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By matthias2437

All I play is PC games so no I do not trade in.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By jacdg

Yes, not interested in collecting games, because I am never going to play most games again, so it would just be useless not to because it would eventually take up some space, rather trade in 3 games and get a new one. At this point, i only have a handful of physical copies of games for my PS3 and Xbox, which is how I like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I guess the thought always crossed my mind. "I'm not playing this game anymore, why not sell it for money?" And then another thought crosses my mind. "What if I want to play this again?" So I never do.

If anything, they go on indefinite loan to friends of mine.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By nick_verissimo

Totes do! Video games are expensive and I hate the idea of having something that I will never ever get any use out of again. Sure, there are games that I hold on to for sentimental value and there are even games that I buy without any real intention of playing (mostly the SMT games), but collecting really isn't my thing anymore. I'm more interested in experiencing as many different games as I can and if it means selling some to do that, then I absolutely will.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sayishere

Yes i do, unless its a REALLY good game, that is worth keeping...or if i have no money. I already buy to much shit anyway, and games is a major contributor to that. Got no job for the time being so, selling helps fund my habit :p

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By neurotic

Generally not. I traded in a bunch of games and got Skyrim for free though.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#41  Edited By fox01313

I didn't for a while (not a lot to trade for awhile) but now after finding out that gamestop is doing a trade offer of 20-30% more credit if going to something new (it gave me an extra $15 taken off the price of ME3) I know I'll probably try to trade in more just when some new release is coming out that I know I'll be getting. So far Bioshock 3 is the only one I can think at the moment I'll be picking up new around the first week of release.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cloneslayer

yep. beat ME3 and sold that already. only two games I currently own are SSX and Skyrim.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CaptainCody

@Jimi said:

I used to, but every shop here will rip you off something fierce for trading things in. Now I either sell them or ebay or give them to friends who don't have them.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Solh0und

I only trade games in when there's a trade-in deal going on( I.E: Trade in 3 games and get $10 extra credit).

Otherwise, not very often.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bigsocrates

I don't but probably should. To save shelf space I stripped all my games from last gen of their cases and manuals nd put them in binders, thinking I would play them on the backward compatible systems but I never do. I haven't touched a game from an earlier generation in years, unless you count HD remakes or virtual console stuff (went through a retro phase where most of what I played was NES or SNES virtual console gems). There are games I will play in the future like psychonauts but for the most part older games either suck or are availble on current gen systems. There are definitely exceptions, dozens of them, but the vast majority of stuff has aged poorly. As for current gen stuff I tell myself I may play it again, but mostly won't. Games like Mass Effect were too long to go through twice for me, and games like Brutal Legend were satisfying once, but no desire to go back.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Hizang

I used to, but now I like to keep all of my games, but not because one day they may be worth something, just because I want to keep them. Theres' something cool about looking at your shelfs stocked full of games.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Some of them.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Why the hell would I sell a game? I'm not poor and have a job.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't. i like to collect them. sometime in the future i hope that my collection is worth a lot of money.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NegativeCero

No, but I really should start getting rid of some. I don't have the room for them despite not having a ton of them.