Do you use Low Latency Mode?

jd_delgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you use Low Latency Mode? (39 votes)

Yes 77%
No 28%

So I’ve been playing Everybody’s Golf without low latency mode, and didn’t feel as if the game was unresponsive. Now, however I’m gonna star playing on my SNES classic and I wonder if the low latency mode can help performance when it comes to overall input, especially for my LED Vizio Tv that is much slower than my old CRT that I don’t have anymore.

• 
jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I'd encourage you to run basically any and all game consoles in low latency "gaming" modes on non-CRT displays, even at the expense of other whizbang visual settings. Games can look brilliant but if you're feeling a delay in control response you're going to come to resent the experience eventually.

That said, flip that setting right off for films and shows if it gets in the way of having desired visual settings on.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Vizio LED as well and I don't notice a difference at all with it on or off. After some research on my model I found out it has about a 60ms latency which is pretty bad for gaming but I got it on a Black Friday sale so you get what you pay for.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always use low latency or gaming modes on any tv if you are gaming

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't use it, I've never used it, and I manage to get through games just fine.

I don't tend to play a lot of difficult twitch platformers or multiplayer shooters, so it doesn't really matter much.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I play all my console games on the same monitor as my PC, and I buy monitors with fairly strict latency requirements. So yeeeeah, I do use that.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Modern TVs look so nice, that even without the 'video processing' effects, the games can look and run great in the input-latency, computer, or video game modes (depending on what you tv calls it). And, that is what we are talking about here using a TV (television) for your viewing device. Of course you monitor doesn't need it, it does not have six types of image processing features in the background trying to match theatrical 24 fps, cleaning up image quality, adding frames, boosting backlight contrast, or upscale to 4K!

The best advice is read the manual and look at "setup guides" for your specific TV. In some case there is one HDMI port on your set that is set to give the best output while accepting a raw signal without adding visual processing = Yes, there are DIFFERENCES in the ports so use the guides! Then you use the other ports with a HDMI cable for your Blu-ray player, cable box, or when you want you video game console to do its "cinematic" imaging processing on movie nite.