Do you want to see table top content on GB?

• 55 results
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Do you want to see table top content on GB? (268 votes)

Yes of all verities. 37%
No, I only want to see content and hear opinions on video games. 24%
Sure,board and card games only. 7%
Sure, I'm really into minis and just want to see that. 1%
Well, lets start with D&D and see where this goes. 32%

This topic was brought up on the last Unprofessional Fridays that I've missed. This made me wonder on the kind of content Giant Bomb can do outside of video games. Videos when not a lot of games are coming out and there is space to be filled on the site.
I wouldn't mind seeing Vinny start a 40k army or Matt be a DM to a long and awesome D&D campaign. Hell they are already neck deep into cards against humanity, this is only the next logical step.

We're all nerds here and this should only get more awesome. What do you guys think?

• 
Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Having thought about it. I want them to play and completely ridicule it.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By EchoEcho

I don't think that going full-on tabletop necessarily is the next logical step from them occasionally playing Cards Against Humanity. I think CAH is more entertaining to the average site user than a game of something like Warhammer 40K, just because of the style and nature of those games, and starting up something like a D&D campaign would be a much bigger commitment than them occasionally playing some CAH. I think there are some really entertaining things they could do with a lot of tabletop games that would be cool to see, but I think some of them would play better than others on camera.

Yeah, stuff like WH40k would be a bit... much. Maybe as a one-off premium thing on a weekend or something, but that's not exactly riveting content unless you're already very into it. D&D, though, plays right into the personality-focused aspect of Giant Bomb. But you're right, it'd be a much bigger commitment.

I'd really like to see them do it, but it would have to be a once-a-month thing at best. And hopefully they wouldn't forget everything between sessions (easily avoidable if they rewatch their previous session the day prior to starting their new one, but that is probably asking a bit much of the Bomb Crew, if past experiences are any indication.)

Trying to shoehorn a whole bunch of table-top content into GB would definitely not be the way to go, as they're stretched thin enough as it is just trying to do their video game coverage, but the occasional card or board game that can be finished in a couple hours would be fun -- at least from the perspective of someone who really enjoys that stuff (and is almost more interested in the Crew as a group of personalities than about their video game coverage). Can definitely understand why a lot of people are against it, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play a TON of tabletop games, but I feel like it wouldn't fly from the crew's side (like they'd get bored or just not be as into it), and since this is a website about video games, I feel like it'd be a little too decisive.

Also, games brings a rabid community. Hell, look at how many "fans" Brad and Patrick have. Maybe more trouble than its worth IMO.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd really like to see them do a D&D session sometime. After that it's a wait and see kind of thing for me. I won't say it quite as, um, explicitly, as it's already been said in this thread, but just make sure the people who are in are actually interested in playing.

unavailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am 110% behind them playing tabletop games. I actually sent an email to the Bombcast email asking about it yesterday.