Does anyone else feel like the GB staff's tastes are too homogeneous to use the site to reliably find new games anymore?

• 55 results
gamelord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@devise22 said:

@gamelord12: Like, my duder this just seems like your stiffed they didn't like things about Death Stranding as much as you did.

I think you stopped reading very early in my post. I think it's a poor representation that of about 10 staff members, none of them liked it, and I think that result is a symptom of the greater problem I discussed. As some other people mentioned here, it feels like a problem because there are large swaths of genres of games that would have gotten coverage here in years past by former staff members, and now most of the coverage is focused on the big games that everyone else covers.

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Sombre

@stephen_von_cloud said:

@sombre: Same, which has made the content spotty always but especially recently. Don't usually enjoy UPF at all week to week.

UPF is their most low energy, low energy show out there.

DasaKamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Which is great, because UPF is (and always has been) Giant Bomb's "Come chill with us before the weekend" show.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue is slowly swallowing this site whole

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This site is ground zero for personality based games coverage. The idea being that they don't cover every game, or anything close to that, but that you can get to understand the staff from a critical perspective and make your choices based on perceived alignment.

Quietly, personally, candidly--I'd like to see some new staff on the site. But ultimately my interest in GB ebbs and flows with my interest in games as a whole. I built a PC last month, ergo, now I'm interested in all kinds of games again.