Does anyone here uses Goozex?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By REDRUN

Well just until recently, I was a GameFly customer for over a year. I bought many games through the service and was satisfied. The service I though to be the best until I stopped receiving games. My first 6-9 months were great, I have gotten games frequently and in reasonable time. Newer titles as well came in often when and time in between was 7-10 days in trades. A 2-3 disc account insured freaquency up until the holidays, its forgivable. Now its April and still no games, WTF? I had waisted $20+ a month for a service that proves to be incompitent. I tried everything, even removing all the games from my que and leaving the one I want to get for next shipping. Even the crappy games have a low chance of me getting it. I may go back when they can match the service and speed of NetFlix.

Just recently, I am actively using Goozex, member since Dec. '08. Goozex is a game trading website which seems to have more apreciattion for the games you own and are willing to trade than GameStop or GameCrazy. This is another games through the mail service, but driven by a community of gamers which trades games for points. You can request a game and spend points you have earned or puchased plus one trade token. The currency equates to $6.00 per 100 points and one game token equates to $1.00. When ever you fill in requests by sending out games, you earn more points. The $1.00 service fee for any game purchase seems like a sweet deal. I did my calculations and the trade in value for my games trumps what ever GameStop is willing to offer several times over.

My question is:

1.) Are there anyone else here have been using this game trading service at Goozex.com?
2.) What are your current experience like? Trades, quality and community?

edit: member since Dec. '08, not '09

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Goozex is awesome.  I can elaborate further if you like, but the gist is that Goozex is awesome.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By REDRUN
iAmJohn said:
"Goozex is awesome.  I can elaborate further if you like, but the gist is that Goozex is awesome."
sure, add me as a friend at goozex if you can. same GT "REDRUN". I am still new and sending out my first batch of some old games. how many trades you gotten so far?
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iamjohn

Sent 24 games, received 28.  I've been a member for about a year and two months.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By REDRUN

sweet, i gotta see your stash

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamjohn
REDRUN said:
"sweet, i gotta see your stash"
http://goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=553503161526
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok

I prefer switchgames. It's 100% free and it's a game for a game.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TheGremp

Seems like a good deal,  I signed up...  My collection sucks atm, but as I complete games, it should get bigger and better.  My ID is TheGremp

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By REDRUN
PureRok said:
"I prefer switchgames. It's 100% free and it's a game for a game."
LOL, GameStop must hate that counter there on the site.

John, i added you. Man I came late to the party. You have some library.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
PureRok said:
"I prefer switchgames. It's 100% free and it's a game for a game."
This doesn't look too bad actually... I might give this one a try.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By maxszy

Are you a Netflix subscriber as well? Just curious since you mention that maybe you will go back once they reach the service of Netflix. I am a Netflix subscriber, have been for about 7 months now but.. I have HORRIBLE luck with new releases. For instance, I think it took me about 2 months to finally get Vicky Christina Barcelona. Which I find rather ridiculous. Overall Netflix is great, and I wont cancel it because there are so many odds and ends type of movies that I have never seen that are in my queue. I just wish I could get new releases sooner.

Sorry, I know this was off topic from your Goozex but had to ask. I've checked out Goozex before and it looks interesting, but I still prefer just selling my games used on Amazon.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By REDRUN

Yes, I am a Netflix subscriber. The new releases does have trouble coming right away, but I had been real lucky on most occasions. The price is right, service is fast, and the selection is huge. I love watching films I never saw that was referenced to me by friends, some to find real terrible, and tell them WTF. :) Netflix also have the films hard to find in any video rental or retail store. So I am happy, not planning to unsubscribe unless I find a better service.

Amazon is a great place. I do many of my purchases there as well, but I chose Goozex for primarily my games I no longer wish to keep in my library. I thought it would be a much better environment for me to post up my games, rate and talk to other gamers who are just as passionate about games like this community here at GiantBomb.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGremp

Well so far this looks awesome.  I already got matched for a deal to sell Animal Crossing, but I decided to just put everything on hold until I talk the site over with my parents...  They're a little slow. lol

I was planning on getting Gamefly, but this seems like a nice way to recycle games...  It's brilliant that you can sell games back for full retail price...  If you buy, beat, and sell a game before the price drops, then you just beat a game for $1. lol

EDIT: Quick qustion...  What should I do if I have the game and case, but no manual?
EDIT2: I just noticed that it's actually 100 Points-$5.  Good News for the buyers. lol

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By artofwar420

These are all great sites it seems, thanks.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iamjohn
TheGremp said:
"Quick qustion...  What should I do if I have the game and case, but no manual?"
I'd say select "Game only" just to be safe.  That's what I did when I was in the same situation with my copy of Star Fox Adventures.
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By REDRUN

you can message the person who you are matched with before you accept. Ask him if he doesn't mind. If he says its cool. keep/save the message. send it . wait foor feed back. profit.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Lunarbunny

For some reason I read that and instantly thought of Flooz.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo
REDRUN said:
"member since Dec. '09."
So you went into the future and became a member?
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By REDRUN
Vinchenzo said:
"REDRUN said:
"member since Dec. '09."
So you went into the future and became a member?"
lol.. typo 08, now where the f*ck is John Conner?
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGremp

So my offers are currently worth 3500 Points, or $175.  That totally blows Gamestop away if you ask me.

If I sell a few, I'm planning on getting Shadowrun, Army of Two, and Burnout Paradise.  This is pretty awesome.  It makes me regret selling all of my games to Gamestop a few months back. :P

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By REDRUN

dude, my entire library finally worth more than $20 instore credit in GameStop. I am about 34,000 points (maybe more) in my collection. ;)

Yeah, Burnout Paradise is the game to get. Make it your number one.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By JJOR64

Never heard of the site.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By REDRUN
JJOR64 said:
"Never heard of the site."
Just check it out. I am more happier with this service than I was with GameFly. Saves me a shit load of cash. Its the UI is confusing at first. It take a bit of tinkering around to understand how to effectively use the site.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By trophyhunter

I don't because I don't trust people

KidKobun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KidKobun

I use Goozex and I don't like it at all. The offer and trade system is total BS. Not to mention that they set the point values. So you have ZERO leverage other than yes, I want to trade or no, I don't want to trade. Also, every active user has to essentially pay to use the service. $1 a trade and the sender has to pay for shipping themselves. Eff that noise. If I am trading a game to someone their ass should be paying the shipping as all I get out of it are Goozex points...remember you still have to buy trade credits.

Not worth it at all. Most Goozex are whiny too. If a game doesn't show up on their door step in like 3 days they file a complaint. Little turds.

Personally, I prefer GameTZ.com. I have been a user there for over 4 years now and the site is far more user friendly and provides more of a barter and leverage system than any other. If anyone does decide to sign up feel free to check out my list of stuff:

http://gametz.com/user/ElementalSoldier.html

Hope you dig the site.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green

yes, i used goozex. i just felt ripped off for the trading cost and then point cost. other then that i feel it is good. i'm going to be buying a good game for cheap from them.