Does GiantBomb have bad relationship with Sony?

Volkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Volkain

In last month and a half Sony had few mini events. First in was for Uncharted 2 first look. Every site did interviews and previews about Uncharted 2. Then it was hands on with Infamous.From Gamespot to 1UP every one had preview/hands on with Infamous. Last but not least, last week it was God Of war 3. I mean come on, did ANYONE miss that? G4TV had ton of video interviews, so did most of other sites.

In every of this cases i was like "Ok let's see what guys from Giant Bomb have to say!?" and there was nothing, every time  This site is slowly becoming my favorite one, and by no means am i trying to "troll" or what ever. But this is something i noticed and would like to know what is the problem? Will it change in future?  It sucks if there is some grudge between Sony and GiantBomb guys.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Pretty sure there was a video about GoW3. The problem is mostly that they are only 4 so they cant really go and take planes to all the different press events.

Volkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Volkain
Endogene said:
"Pretty sure there was a video about GoW3. The problem is mostly that they are only 4 so they cant really go and take planes to all the different press events.
"
yeah i guess that makes sense. I hope they can cover GDC09
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I highly doubt there is any grudge, and Giantbomb doesn`t have the amount of people or resources like the bigger sites, we have just started and I think they are doing a great job on news for the amount of staff.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
Volkain said:
"Last but not least, last week it was God Of war 3. I mean come on, did ANYONE miss that? "
Possibly. But not Giant Bomb. :)
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red

They're plenty busy with the redesign, Street Fighter 4, Killzone 2, Persona 4 and doing quick looks at games coming out soon.

Also; what's the REAL point of a preview of a game coming out in 6-x months besides to get hype up? How is hype a good thing? I think it's much better to cover games coming out now than games coming out later. If you really wanna learn about these games, just go to IGN or something.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Hexpane

press events are for the birds.  Not to mention the blogs like Stiq and Kota will repost it anyway.

BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BothBarsOn

This time last year "Stiq and Kota" would have been gibberish to me. I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I know what you're talking about now ...

Happy, I suppose!
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Systech

Sony has a bad relationship with indie press in general. A lot of companies do. It's perfectly natural to go to places where you'll get massive viewership and Giant Bomb doesn't get as much traffic as G4 does.

LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By LoZone

although GB is a good website,  we all know they are 360 fanboys.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech
LoZone said:
"although GB is a good website,  we all know they are 360 fanboys."
Don't start this shit, man. Do you really want to get flamed?
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dsplayer1010

They did a few articles on them

LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LoZone
systech said:
"LoZone said:
Don't start this shit, man. Do you really want to get flamed?
"
flame me,  its does not bother me one bit.  its common knowledge that they are.  its cool though,  i still dig the website.
Volkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Volkain
LoZone said:
LOL. I am only PS3 owner, don't care and do not wish to own 360. Not because i hate it or what ever, but don't need it. My PS3 is enough wiht PC.
That said i think everyone has their preferances and if GB guys do prefer 360 that doesn't mean they hate PS3. So i have to disagree, i don't think they are biased. At least for now i didn't see/hear anything that leads me to believe that.

LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LoZone
Volkain said:
"LoZone said:
LOL. I am only PS3 owner, don't care and do not wish to own 360. Not because i hate it or what ever, but don't need it. My PS3 is enough wiht PC.
That said i think everyone has their preferances and if GB guys do prefer 360 that doesn't mean they hate PS3. So i have to disagree, i don't think they are biased. At least for now i didn't see/hear anything that leads me to believe that.

"
i never said they didnt like the ps3, just that from what i can tell they prefer the 360 over the ps3 which could lead to bias.  i cant read minds so i truly dont know what they think but the perception at this level is reality.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By GamespotNoMore

no mostly Sony has a problem creating a more powerful system that nobody is going to buy for $500...they are losing over $250 on each console...they are not making it up on games yet

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red said:
"They're plenty busy with the redesign, Street Fighter 4, Killzone 2, Persona 4 and doing quick looks at games coming out soon.
Also; what's the REAL point of a preview of a game coming out in 6-x months besides to get hype up? How is hype a good thing? I think it's much better to cover games coming out now than games coming out later. If you really wanna learn about these games, just go to IGN or something.
"
Fuck yeah. I'm tired of all this wankery about something that's ages off being the end all be-all when we have so much awesomeness floating around now.
And really, did any of those press events have anything else than some flashy trailers, some pictures and promises from the developers?
I haven't checked the latest InFamous stuff, cause I don't wanna get overhyped even though that's a PS3 exclusive I am pretty excited about, but it's not like they go to play Uncharted 2 or GOW 3 at these events? They just seemed like an excuse to rev up the hype machine without showing anything tangible to prove the awesomeness of this game. And seeing as we've been burned by Sony's lies so much now, it's hard to trust what they show us.
Hell, even after playing the demo and probably getting an early copy of Killzone 2 tomorrow, I'm going to have to brainwash myself away from all the bullshit that's surrounded it to give it a fair shake as a game.
Hell, Halo 3 had the most hype a game has ever had and I personally would've found it a bit detrimental if it hadn't been for the track record of Halo 1 and 2.

Oh yeah, here's a caveat. I am NOT saying Halo 3 is better than whatever Killzone 2 will be. I'm just making an example.
Don't bring any of that fanboy bullshit in here.