User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By poser
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Dear god, the CBC must have been for old people in the 80's. That was painful to watch.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mosespippy: The CBC has been, and always will be, for old people.

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mosespippy: The majority of the CBC audience is still old people, though not nearly as bad as back then.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I feel like in the late 90's and early 00's it wasn't as much. I mean, back then I was watching things like ZeD, Musicworks, and some weird show that was entirely from the perspective of webcam conversations.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

Until now I had no idea that Mattrick was Canadian. Now I'm not sure what to do with this information.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some say it still is for old people.

Also, 2 commercials at the beginning? Forget you, CBC.

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mosespippy

@lukeweizer: Years of cutbacks at the CBC by the Harper government, paired with the NHL lockout has bled them dry. Their website is so desperate that they used to do a "top 5 cbc.ca articles you may have missed this week" listicle. I assume they still do, but I've stopped going to the CBC as a news source. When they're that desperate for money it's tough to trust their integrity.

@grantheaslip: I haven't turned on a television to watch a TV show since maybe 2007, so I haven't seen those. I feel like the CBC isn't for old people like it was in the 80's, as evidenced by this clip.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: Years of cutbacks at the CBC by the Harper government, paired with the NHL lockout has bled them dry. Their website is so desperate that they used to do a "top 5 cbc.ca articles you may have missed this week" listicle. I assume they still do, but I've stopped going to the CBC as a news source. When they're that desperate for money it's tough to trust their integrity.

@grantheaslip: I haven't turned on a television to watch a TV show since maybe 2007, so I haven't seen those. I feel like the CBC isn't for old people like it was in the 80's, as evidenced by this clip.

Losing Hockey Night In Canada must be so devastating to them. I'm not a big of CBC, but even that kind hit me hard.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

well that's a nice little flashback on 80s television. Although if it was 70s they would be smoking on set.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Don Mattrick had that awkward stage presence even back then.

I love the guests trying to figure out what the hell these video games are.

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pkjr92

@lukeweizer: Losing it to SportsNet (Rogers) was even worse. They may have $5B, but they have the some of the worst sports coverage on Canadian TV.

@machofantastico: To be fair, it was the first Canadian-made game to have been sold on a large-scale. One could easily find older tv personalities today that would be almost as clueless about video games.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just checked. The $50 video game prices of 1982 would equate to $123.04 today. So everyone complaining about the price jumping $10 at the start of the generation ain't got shit to complain about.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does such a weirdo like Don Mattrick have to be Canadian...

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MaxOpower

I think it's going to be difficult for your kids to die of old age. (...) Because I don't see the world lasting much longer. What do you think about that?

Wow... Tv has really changed, would love to see someone on American Idol getting asked that question.