Downloading videos from the site

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey there.

I've got a sleepover shift at work tomorrow and there's no internet, so I fancy downloading the Unprofessional Friday video 03/14/2014 to watch tomorrow night.

So I tried the download button on the page several times but I kept getting "The Connection to the Server was reset while loading".Is this a general problem with downloading videos from the site as I've never tried it before. If so is there another way to download the videos?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

How about this link? *SNIP*

Try right click: save as. Also the download button expands to a menu for me, for different video quality and file sizes. Does it not for you?

You could also try the members rss feeds as easy direct links for the videos as a work around, at least in firefox. http://www.giantbomb.com/feeds/

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pierre42
@forcen said:

How about this link? Not for you

Try right click: save as. Also the download button expands to a menu for me, for different video quality and file sizes. Does it not for you?

It does but whatever one I choose (I haven't tried mobile yet) it goes to loading the page for a while before blanking and giving me the error.

Can you vouch that "save as" method works for you? I've seen a couple other sites do it that way for music.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, works fine to me. They are direct links to the video files, so if you try to save them it should. What browser are you using?

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen said:

Yeah, works fine to me. They are direct links to the video files, so if you try to save them it should. What browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox the now, thanks for the link it's downloading nicely. Did you get it with the Download button on the site? For future reference I should know if it's just my connection tonight or my browser or whatever as hopefully I'll find another workaround.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Forcen

@pierre42: Yeah, just copied the link from that download menu. If you want more advanced download controls, try this addon: http://www.downthemall.net/

Also I'm gonna remove the link from my post, you can reach them from the videopages or the premium rss feeds in the future.

You should remove the links from your quote of me also, i think everyone can use it.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen:

Got it, thanks for the help man. Dunno why the download button didn't work tonight but hopefully it'll be sorted another time.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I download videos all the time(I watch them on my TV). I'm actually downloading the newest UPF right now. I use Firefox and usually use the add-on that Forcen linked to(down them all), and I have no issues with it.