A mobile RPG from CyGames and Nintendo.

Dragalia Lost - Any Players?

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Sorry to throw this in, but when Dragalia added its most recent Danganronpa themed event (finishing tomorrow) I delved back in having half heartedly played it when it released.

I've been trying to get to grips with the systems and having spent £8 am now at level 19,700 which I understand is 'fine' but not at top layer player. Is anyone else playing this, particularly at a high level, and what would be their best levelling up tips?

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Disclaimer: Though I played DL daily since launch, I stopped playing since the Monster Hunter event back in February. Still, I looked up a bunch of this stuff for accuracy or current meta; there are waaaay too many systems in this game!

First off, your Might level only goes so far when it comes to surviving the late- to end-game quests. A personal example for me was when I was trying to crack the High Midgardsormr's Trials. Just stacking all your fire on these trials is enough to get through the Prelude and Standard difficulties, but getting through the Expert and Master difficulties really requires understanding these quests. I could get my fav flame adventurer Rena to +6000 Might but having no stun resist meant she often dropped within the first two attacks. The guides online, though a little dated, are very informative on what heroes, weapons, and wyrmprints work well for the different end-game quests. BUT! Might level is a hard check rando groups do anyway so the number is still important!

That all said, if you wanna raise your Might level, the obvious place to start is maxing out your adventurers, weapons, and wyrmprints. Do the Daily Events to get the leveling mats from the chests and spend them! Unbinding your stuff is trickier though, esp. if that requires using your more limited Testaments, Stones, Ingots, and Keys, so make sure you're set on the loadout you have (hot tip: max Resounding Rendition is strong and general enough that it will never leave your party). If you have amplifying and fortifying stones, you can add these to your favorites as well; each stone gives a +1 to Str or HP respectively, +100 max each stat. The shop has useful items for sale in monthly quantities: unbinding items can be obtained by trading in Void Leaves from Void Battles, and amplifying and fortifying stones can be obtained by trading in Astral Shards from Astral Raids.

Adventurers that start as a 5-star rarity typically have more Might than those that start as a 4-star rarity and are unbound to 5. More and more adventurers are getting the Mana Spiral though, basically a 6th tier of mana nodes, which changes this perception. The Dark-type Patia, a 4-star adventurer, is a good example of this.

Weapon-wise, Void weapons have a generally lower Might value than the blacksmith's weapons and are event-specific, so make sure you know what that Void weapon you're eyeing will be used for before investing. Void weapons are much easier to upgrade than 5-star blacksmith weapons, and you may even want to to consider 4-star blacksmith weapons as you make your way to 5-star blacksmith weapons and beyond.

Facilities are very important! Get those dragon shrines, slime shrines, elemental shrines and weapon huts leveled! Event facilities are equally as important, so keep an eye on any Revival events you haven't done so you can level those.

Max out your relationships with your dragons. At max level 30, they give you a Sunlight Ore; take ten of these to the shop, and she'll trade them to you for one Sunlight Stone. Also, Part Ways with any dragons you don't intend to keep. This'll give you Eldwater instead of gold, that sweet blue stuff you'll want to hit 50 mana nodes on your adventurers.

Read the Side Stories for our adventurers and dragons for Wyrmite, and save that Wyrmite for Gala events! Gala heroes tend to be some of the strongest adventurers you can have, and the 5-star drop rate is a little higher during these events that compared to other events.

In the end though, raising your Might level takes time, or time and money. It's a gacha game after all, so hit the online guides to make sure you're happy with what you're investing in to maximize your time and money. Also, if you eventually want to play end-game, try to find a good Alliance or at least a few people you can reliably play with. Getting stuck with that one rando who died immediately becomes tedious a dozen times over in one sitting!

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spiketail

What sakesushi said is what I consider 100% on point. Also, pick a reasonable goal and focus all your resources into it. Examples: 1> Got a 5* healer? Max them! Keep yourself alive in solo & raids. 2> Taking on an event? Focus getting the max you can use out of it! Get the building to L30. Max out the Bronze/Silver/Gold emblems. 3> Grind for that trade material to get the good stuff. 4> Max

This coming from someone who has been playing since launch without spending any money. I would say I am a high level casual (25K+ might teams but not really breaking the 30K barrier). The hardest things to get are enough dragons to max Unbind them, in my opinion. Events are easy for me. Omega level stuff will kick my ass. Void stuff is pickup group farmable as long as you know how to tackle them (Void weaps make them easier). If I wanted to take my gameplay to the next level, I would need to start building the stuff to tackle the Adv. Dragons and the Agito stuff. I am a step away from making spreadsheets just to track weapons I have. So many effing weapons...

Early-ish on, I'd say make certain to do your Daily Endeavors, farm the Avenues, Elemental Ruins, Dragon Trials and Imperial Onslaught as needed. Focus on getting your 5*s to max. Make certain you buy all the Champion's Testaments you can. You'll need every one you get and more when maxing your 5*s and start making the Mana Spiral climb.

And maybe a helpful tip: For 3* and below characters, just Mana Circle them up to 21. That's the minimum levels needed to get all the Side Stories for any character.

@sakesushi said:
    Also, Part Ways with any dragons you don't intend to keep. This'll give you Eldwater instead of gold, that sweet blue stuff you'll want to hit 50 mana nodes on your adventurers.

^^^ This this this. ^^^ A year plus of playing and I fed sooooo many dragons into others for XP when I could of gotten Eldwater.

And just to echo it... there are too many systems. There is a reason I stay casual for Dragalia.

EDIT: Favored resources: Gamepedia Dragalia Wiki. -=- The reddit, obviously. -=- Gamepress Dragalia Wiki.

Burlap752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play casually, 20k might, lots of events. I have a Persona fan club alliance, but we're very small and don't organize any alliance activities, anyone is welcome to join. We do talk persona stuff frequently though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.