#1  Edited By Yukoei
i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By i69edUrGpa

YOU'RE MAKING ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THOSE FANTASTIC TITLES!? I CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE WHICH ONE OF YOUR THREADS TO POST IN!!1!!!1!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Yukoei
@i69edUrGpa said:
"YOU'RE MAKING ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THOSE FANTASTIC TITLES!? I CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE WHICH ONE OF YOUR THREADS TO POST IN!!1!!!1!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL "

Lmao.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Branthog

Are you asking for advice on which to buy if you can only buy one? If so, I'd say Mass Effect 2 if you are console-only and Dragon Age if you have a PC. Both are great, but if you can only get one, you probably are looking for the best value. Dragon Age has a broader potential for engaging re-playability than ME2 does (though it isn't shabby itself). Plus, Dragon Age on PC is somewhat cheaper than ME2 on console.

If you're making me choose for myself? Well, then I won't. I'll have both.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yukoei
@Branthog said:
"Are you asking for advice on which to buy if you can only buy one? If so, I'd say Mass Effect 2 if you are console-only and Dragon Age if you have a PC. Both are great, but if you can only get one, you probably are looking for the best value. Dragon Age has a broader potential for engaging re-playability than ME2 does (though it isn't shabby itself). Plus, Dragon Age on PC is somewhat cheaper than ME2 on console.

If you're making me choose for myself? Well, then I won't. I'll have both. "

I was making YOU choose and you HAVE to choose or mutan ninja elfs will rape your furniture.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

Which one did I like more? 

Easily Mass Effect, I love that game

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Skald

Dragon Age.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shirogane
@Yukoei said:
"@Branthog said:
"Are you asking for advice on which to buy if you can only buy one? If so, I'd say Mass Effect 2 if you are console-only and Dragon Age if you have a PC. Both are great, but if you can only get one, you probably are looking for the best value. Dragon Age has a broader potential for engaging re-playability than ME2 does (though it isn't shabby itself). Plus, Dragon Age on PC is somewhat cheaper than ME2 on console.

I was making YOU choose and you HAVE to choose or mutan ninja elfs will rape your furniture. "

Hmm, mutant ninja elves sound kinda hawt... 

Dragon Age is waaaaay too long, and too hard. If not for that it'd be a pretty awesome game. But i like sci-fi over fantasy... 
It's too bad ME doesn't have lightsabers/equivalent.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

The Dragon Age story and setting is totally uninspired, and Iike how they do dialogue in Mass Effect. Plus, the presentation for Mass Effect is stellar. 

@Shirogane: I think that after doing KOTOR maybe Bioware would want to step away from the Lightsabers :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@extremeradical said:
" Dragon Age. "
DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11  Edited By DrRandle

Mass Effect actually knows what it means to have a video game that is visually appealing, on top of a good story. The combat...well that's personal tastes, but I found Mass Effect's combat to be more satisfying and less convoluted. Also Mass Effect came up with some really nice conventions from a cinematic and narrative point of view that Dragon Age decided to ignore, making it feel much more archaic. 

All this being said I haven't played 2 yet, so for all I know the series divebombed, though I doubt that to be true.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Dragon Age is great.

Sly_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sly_Ry
@Shirogane said:
It's too bad ME doesn't have lightsabers/equivalent. "

How dare you.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By mike

Dave's commentary about Dragon Age totally scared me away from it. I just don't have the time to sink into a title like that right now...I'll get around to it eventually though.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shirogane
@Sly_Ry:
@xyzygy:

But but...lightsabers! 

Well, main i just want a proper melee weapon in ME, considering enemies have a tendency to just run all the way up to you and start shooting/whacking you around. Especially those damn krogan.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Fallen189

Mass effect was trash. Pick the lesser of two evils.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I prefer Dragon Age, but I have a feeling that Mass Effect would be better if I played them on consoles.

I didn't enjoy Mass Effect at all my first playthrough, it took me a second to appreciate it but it still feels rather underwhelming. Dragon Age on the other hand sucked me in right from the start and was consistently excellent.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matfei90

Get both, but if you can't I'd definately say Mass Effect.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By armaan8014
@Yukoei said:
" @Branthog said:

I was making YOU choose and you HAVE to choose or mutan ninja elfs will rape your furniture. "
Hehe.. nice..
And about the question, if you have got the time, go for DA:O.  But if it's instant gratification you want, ME2
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jadeskye

The mass effect fiction is the better of the two imo. 

Origins is the better game. 

however, if you bring mass effect 2 into it... deffinately ME

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By ToxicFruit

This is like choosing between my 2 unborn children, or my dog and my bird :(  you sir are a monster!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By penguindust

There is only one answer and that is BOTH.  But, if you mean which should you get first, then it depends on where you are running it.  If you are going to play on you PC and your PC has the recommended specs (not minimum), then I'd definitely say Dragon Age: Origins.  But, if your only option or preferred platform is the 360, then I would suggest Mass Effect 2.  If you have a completed save for Mass Effect 1, then get ME2 for wherever that save is stored.  Now, if you haven't played Mass Effect 1, then that is your first priority.  However, the DA:O on PC rule still trumps all I've said so far.  Simple, no?