Dropped Steam Deck

NerfHerderV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I literally had my Steam Deck for less than 24 hours.. Put it on top of my dresser to charge.. and of course it just falls.. screen is slightly scratched. I just feel sad and stupid. I don't deserve nice thang

Waited basically a whole year for it to arrive and this happens of courseeee

The tiny scratch is forever a scar on my soul

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pics or it didn't happen.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Same exact thing happened to a PSP I got for Christmas one year. Couldn't have had it for more than an hour. Fell of the shelf when I went to charge it. Screen completely shattered.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Broshmosh

When my Switch arrived, I was excited to put on the screen protector. So excited that I didn't properly align it and had already started sticking it down.

No problem, I thought, it was a two-pack.

So I started trying to lift the misaligned protector, using my exacto knife to do so.

My Switch now has a tiny 3mm scratch right beside the front-facing camera (whatever that dot is) that cannot be removed because I angled the point of the knife a little too acutely. At least the second screen protector has done its job since then.

This shit happens, don't feel too bad about it!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

I guess some 3rd parties are making cases. I see that DBrand is making a case, which is called Project Killswitch. It has not come out yet, but will be coming this Fall I guess.

1. IMPACT RESISTANT GRIP CASE
  2. MAGNETIC KICKSTAND
  3. SKINS
  4. TEMPERED GLASS
  5. TRAVEL COVER
  6. STICK GRIPS

This seems to cover most of the surfaces and will add protection on the parts that need it most. I'm sure there are some other cases available now, but it might be worth the investment.