#1 Posted by Skamikaze1983 (33 posts) -

Been a member since the first year. Can't believe it's taken me this long to come to the premium side!

Any particular content I should watch first and immediately now that I have full access?

#2 Posted by liquiddragon (3246 posts) -

I think this still holds true?

#3 Posted by Jeff (6034 posts) -

Welcome!

I... don't actually have an answer to your question.

Staff
#4 Posted by Skamikaze1983 (33 posts) -

@jeff: Jeff, your quicklook of Yakuza 0 is one of my favorites in recent memory- is GBeast going to do a continuous playthrough for the series? Would you be playing any of it?

I'd LOVE to see you play more of that game. Your epic comeback clutch victory against that boss was legendary.

#5 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (1128 posts) -

@jeff: I wonder if, in the magical site redesign to come, there should be a landing page for new premium members with a selection of the choicest premium cuts.

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (15616 posts) -

I think this still holds true?

Yep, this list is a pretty good one.

If you need a place to start, just watch Vinny and Dave's Phantasmagoria playthrough. It's still probably one of the funniest things on the site (though you should also check out the GBeast Phantasmagoria 2 playthrough, which is... definitely a trip.)

#7 Posted by clagnaught (2085 posts) -

Welcome!

The post linked by liquiddragon has floated around during membership sales and stuff like that. While that post is more of a collective look at premium offerings, I would probably point to more recent stuff. Such as...

• Unprofessional Fridays: There's been various premium shows before my time (I became a member around 2014), and generally speaking I can't really go back and watch those. UPF is the most consistent weekly show, and is a good avenue for the guys to play multiplayer games, revisit older games, or more random games that wouldn't be worth covering in a Quick Look.
  • Playdates: Meanwhile with the GBeast, a lot of their premium weekly shows are the Playdates, where they focus in on one game. This sometimes leads to excellent play throughs of an entire game, such as Contradiction: Spot The Liar!, Life Is Strange, and Until Dawn. (In addition, there are a few other random complete play throughs behind the premium membership which are harder to find nowadays, such as BioForge)
  • Game Specific Series: This is entirely dependant on if you have any interest in these games/seeing other people experience them. The standouts for this include Drew being introduced to Metal Gear Solid through Metal Gear Scanlon, everybody slowing torturing themselves to death (in insanely funny ways) with Mario Party Party, and VinnyVania (Particularly Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night). Currently Alex is also going through the Mega Mans in Blue Bombin'. There's also no shortage of Hitman coverage on the site between Brad and Dan.
  • Premium Podcasts: I would subscribe to the Premium podcast feed. Want to hear Dan talk to his dad about incredibly stupid and down to earth stuff? Want to hear a bunch of guys complain about wrestling every once in a while?

There are other series and one off things in the land of Premium content, but I would start there. For my money, the real gold is in the series and play throughs. The current ongoing series are Blue Bombin' and the upcoming Yakuza 0 play through Alex and Dan are going to tackle. Also, Vinny and Dan just finished playing through Contra on This Is The Run, which is both a hilarious and more bit sized premium feature. However, the premium features I linked above still hold up really well and all have their own unique brand of Giant Bomb magic.

I have my personal favorites, but yours will probably be different. (I really liked the Life is Strange play through, but I also love Life is Strange, as an example) So I would take a dip in a series that sounds interesting and then tune into the live streams as they happen.

#8 Posted by Skamikaze1983 (33 posts) -

Much appreciated, guys!

Yeah, I'm thinking one of the first things I'm going to watch as far as the recent content goes is the "This is the run" Contra stuff. Sounds dope. PIPE DOPE EVEN.

Avatar image for nietzschecookie
#9 Edited by NietzscheCookie (120 posts) -

I think the very best stuff has three duders. Contradiction with Vinny Austin and Alex, that dark souls 1-second half playthrough with Rorie, Vinny and Ian. Not to say that stuff like Metal Gear Scanlon isn't great, but with three it combines the best elements of quick looks with the banter of a podcast.

#10 Posted by Zleunamme (1025 posts) -

Congratulations, it's a girl.

#11 Edited by glots (4189 posts) -

Oh, to be premium for the first time again...I'd have half of 2017 covered, at least in terms of entertainment.

Avatar image for sloppydetective
#12 Posted by SloppyDetective (1567 posts) -

Go to videos-premium and then select the oldest page you can go to. Mario Party Party (the live one). This is the Run-instantly become a fav. of mine. That's all I can think of right now.

#13 Posted by Zevvion (5965 posts) -

Load Our Last Souls is still the best Premium content on the site. Hitman is pretty decent too. But that's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
#14 Edited by deactivated-5b85a38d6c493 (1990 posts) -
#16 Posted by crackity_jones (41 posts) -

I have completely stopped watching TV since becoming premium. I'm also ok with that.

#17 Posted by ADAMWD (744 posts) -

Random PC game: Phantasmagoria

The Running of the Lanterns

The Exploration and End of The Matrix Online

Mario Party Party

That's all some classic GB Premium content. Enjoy duder!

#18 Posted by ripelivejam (13044 posts) -

time for a good glut of Ramblin' Rorie. (that premium show is on the docket, right?)

#19 Posted by Onemanarmyy (4038 posts) -

I just rewatched the Mortal Kombat Scrub League. That's a fun 1 hour thing.

#20 Posted by SSully (5619 posts) -
#21 Posted by jarshdelaney (11 posts) -

I joined premium about a month ago and I spent my inaugural week binge-watching the Mario Party Party series. The combination of Dan's glee and everyone else's misery made for a lot of great (and sometimes awkward) moments and it'll probably always be my favorite series. I'm slowly working through Metal Gear Scanlon and Demo Derby as well!

#22 Posted by CByrne (509 posts) -

The premium flight club videos are great. I think DCS huey?