During "The Human Malware" Has Your Favorite Go-To Restaurant Shut Down

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll During "The Human Malware" Has Your Favorite Go-To Restaurant Shut Down (21 votes)

No, they found a way to do delivery & curbside pickup 43%
Yes, they are closed - the whistle of desolation from teh wind plagues me 14%
They deliver, but not the full menu - so it still sucks 5%
What? I live in a state, country where nothing closed - Sure, we gonna' die; but we can eat out. 10%
Results please. 29%

I live on a tiny island, but someone did set up and expensive food delivery company a few years ago. So we can still get deliveries, but only from eight places. There were 28 chocies before the pandemic.

My favorite, second favorite places, and even third favorite places for pizza closed, so now only terrible pizza.

What to read a horror story, look at this bill. IT WILL HAUNT YOU!!

Your order details:
Placed on 04/04/2020 5:16 PM
The Muse
ItemPriceTotal
1 xTen (10 Wings)$13.99$13.99
Options
- Buffalo
1 xItalian Pizza$26.99$26.99
Size
- 16" (Large) (+ $26.99)
The Muse Subtotal$40.98
Taxes & Fees$10.02
Delivery Fee$3.47
Your delivery waiter will ensure your order gets to you as soon and as safely as possible. Please reward your mobile waiter below. (20.00%)$8.20
Order Total$62.67

The tip was my choice: I typically tip 18%; yet, I felt like giving 20% during pandemic was suitable.

• 
Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

wow so much money for 2 pizzas and 10 wings. you can buy an entire brand new video on day 1 with that kind of money.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By north6

That is 10 wings and 1 large pizza for $60+. Fucking apocalypse is right.

ItsMagicNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

My favorite takeout is still running, so Taco Tuesday will continue for now

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Most places do take out around here, but the town's Chinese place closed. I could really go for some wontons and fried rice right now.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

My Indian, Chinese and bar-food restaurants I get food from for home are still open, but all the places I actually went to eat at were fine dining so they're closed. One does a Saturday meal special that feeds 4-6 people (so as a bachelor it'd last me half a week at least) but I work Saturdays at my restaurant managing our own impromptu delivery service so I can't get over for that which is a bummer. An old bar regular of mine came by with this smoked chicken pot pie they did last week and it nearly brought me to tears.

I miss working in a real, full tilt restaurant man.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The only upside to where I live is you can get a clambake 300 days a year. Lobster, corn on cob, steamed clams, steamed mussels, postaos and clam chowder - whenever you want. Still pay out the nose, but you can get it.

Currently, my go-to takeout is our burrito place. To make it worth my money I get a Fried Fish w/ ginger slaw" burrito and then a Pork Carnitas w/ spanish rice, black beans, and extra jalapenos. That makes about three meals. It is still expensive, but the burritos are good. Sadly, they don't sell their Jarritos soda for take out - I miss that.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm in an odd situation because my nearest favorite restaurant is sixty miles away - I live in the sticks - but my small town has really stepped up with their deliveries and such, so I'm trying to support them when I can. Definitely ready to gorge myself on some chintzy-ass buffet again, though.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wings at pizza places have imo always been terrible, super dry and incredibly tiny on top of being way over priced. Of course the quality of both the pizza and the wings may differ at the restaurant you went so during less volatile times it might be worth it.