E3 2009: Amazing, with a few hiccups

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By mussbus999

Don't let the title mislead you, it was an amazing E3, with a few hiccups that i thought...sucked.

• MICROSOFTS GAMES ON DEMAND FEATURE:  This actually seems like a really cool feature and I like that Microsoft is picking up on some of the succeses that Steam has seen with online distribution of games. But there's one problem that Xbox's have with donwloading large amounts of content. SPACE. 360 hard drives are fucking expensive and only don't offer that much space compared to how cheaply hard drive space is offered to PS3 users. Lets fix this yo.
  • LEFT 4 DEAD 2:   Hey Valve, you do have a really awesome IP called Half Life...Ever heard of it?  Why not let this EXPANSION be downloadable? It's only new characters and new campaigns. It really seems like a ripoff.
  • FINAL FANTASY 14/MGS:R:   I personally just think this exclusivity war is bullshit.  I mean, its what makes consoles different and what makes companies money. Microsoft has Halo, Sony has MGS, Nintento has Mario (very broad, just giving simple examples).  It's when companies try to out-exclusive the other is when it makes me mad.  Which brings me to Final Fantasy 14.  13 was just announced and soon to be realeased and they have already decided to create FF14 (online) exclusive to Sony.  Right when a FF game gets to MSoft, another exclusive gets to Sony.  It's like a slap in the face with a cold, cold sausage to MSofts pale face.
  • NATAL/SONY'S MOTION THING:   Why is this a selling point? Just bring me games and a controller. I don't need a little boy companion or a light up dildo.

These are the only things that really made me mad at E3.  Otherwise, I really like all the games that I've seen.  Uncharted 2 and Splinter Cell have fucking blown my mind.  I was personally about to never go back to splinter Cell ever again, but Conviction really makes me want to check it out. The Uncharted 2 demo was amazing, simply amazing.  
mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mussbus999

Don't let the title mislead you, it was an amazing E3, with a few hiccups that i thought...sucked.

• MICROSOFTS GAMES ON DEMAND FEATURE:  This actually seems like a really cool feature and I like that Microsoft is picking up on some of the succeses that Steam has seen with online distribution of games. But there's one problem that Xbox's have with donwloading large amounts of content. SPACE. 360 hard drives are fucking expensive and only don't offer that much space compared to how cheaply hard drive space is offered to PS3 users. Lets fix this yo.
  • LEFT 4 DEAD 2:   Hey Valve, you do have a really awesome IP called Half Life...Ever heard of it?  Why not let this EXPANSION be downloadable? It's only new characters and new campaigns. It really seems like a ripoff.
  • FINAL FANTASY 14/MGS:R:   I personally just think this exclusivity war is bullshit.  I mean, its what makes consoles different and what makes companies money. Microsoft has Halo, Sony has MGS, Nintento has Mario (very broad, just giving simple examples).  It's when companies try to out-exclusive the other is when it makes me mad.  Which brings me to Final Fantasy 14.  13 was just announced and soon to be realeased and they have already decided to create FF14 (online) exclusive to Sony.  Right when a FF game gets to MSoft, another exclusive gets to Sony.  It's like a slap in the face with a cold, cold sausage to MSofts pale face.
  • NATAL/SONY'S MOTION THING:   Why is this a selling point? Just bring me games and a controller. I don't need a little boy companion or a light up dildo.

These are the only things that really made me mad at E3.  Otherwise, I really like all the games that I've seen.  Uncharted 2 and Splinter Cell have fucking blown my mind.  I was personally about to never go back to splinter Cell ever again, but Conviction really makes me want to check it out. The Uncharted 2 demo was amazing, simply amazing.  
Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Insectecutor

The title misled me. It turns out you thought E3 was "amazing" and your things that made you pissed off are kinda not worth getting pissed off about.

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mussbus999
@Insectecutor: That's what a blog is, I state my thoughts, and if you don't like it, don't read it.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

How would he know he didn't like it if he didn't read it, genius?

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Insectecutor

Well, BAM

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Aaron_G

I didn't think E3 was a big letdown. Very few big annoucements and shockers. Really, it was just a typical E3 in the midst of a light Game year and in the middle of a console cycle. 

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A few annoucments were about shit I don't give a fuck about, but in general it was pretty good E3,

I think you get pissed easily
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
@mussbus999 said:
"LEFT 4 DEAD 2:   Hey Valve, you do have a really awesome IP called Half Life...Ever heard of it?  Why not let this EXPANSION be downloadable?"
Isn't Episode Three supposed to be an expansion as well?

Soooooo......yeah.......your point is basically, ya know, moot.......
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax
@mussbus999 said:
" @Insectecutor: That's what a blog is, I state my thoughts, and if you don't like it, don't read it. "
So we're supposed to like it or not before we even read it? Seriously now, GTFO and lrn2logic
mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mussbus999
@natetodamax: You are a fucking idiot. STFU
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By killdave
@mussbus999 said:
" Don't let the title mislead you, it was an amazing E3, with a few hiccups that i thought...sucked.

• MICROSOFTS GAMES ON DEMAND FEATURE:  This is only a GOOD thing. You don't have to use it but if you want to you can.
  • LEFT 4 DEAD 2:   Company wants to make more cash fast. Thats up to them, it may sell well or it may not. If it does, expect more of the same from Value games in the future.
  • FINAL FANTASY 14/MGS:R:  For those people who owe one console, this is a good thing. The game companies make more money too, so more and better games in the future.
  • NATAL/SONY'S MOTION THING:   Wii sold like hotcakes, so its obvious MS/Sony want to cash in on it.

Your points mostly suck. E3 was great.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
@mussbus999: Actually, Nate's logic makes perfect sense. :p
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By natetodamax
@Agnogenic said:
" @mussbus999: Actually, Nate's logic makes perfect sense. :p "
Thank you
mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mussbus999

So this is pretty much fail-blog.

I got boooooned
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By GreggD

Eh, don't worry about it man. We all fail at a rant at some point or another. B for effort, in my book.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mussbus999

I'll porbably avoid the rants for awhile haha

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By penguindust

Your title doesn't really reflect the overall views of your thread.

• Yes the 120 HDDs for 360 are way over priced, but that doesn't mean that the announcement was a bad idea.  I think this is a step toward a fully digital future.  Next console cycle when broadband is better equipped to handle these massive downloads, you'll probably see bigger HDDs as standard or variable HDD options similar to the ones in current PS3s.
  • Valve wants to make some money.  Millions of people buy Call of Duty every year, and Valve would like to turn L4D into a similar franchise.  This is a video game business after all.
  • Exclusivity is why people choose to buy specific consoles.  It's why the big 3 make such a big deal out of it.  Without exclusivity, we might as well live in a one-console world.
  • So, because it doesn't appeal to you, no one should enjoy what it may offer?  That doesn't make much sense.

If you enjoyed a lot of what you saw at E3, then you really can't be that pissed off.  These points strike me as just nit picking for the sake of being contrary.  I guess that is okay, but your titles should have been more on the order of "E3 2009: Amazing with a few hiccups". 

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By angelkanarias
@mussbus999 said: 
Just watch the sales and you will understand why this happens.
That is true, it sucks, but they belogn to a company, and companies want to make money.
Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alex_V

I do share your distaste for the exclusivity war. But at the same time without that competition we might not have as many games made to fuel that competition.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By freakin

Yes yes, motion controls are the devil.  God forbid people ever have a new experience in life.  Even if you don't like motion controls now, they are the first step in something you may eventually wonder how you ever lived without.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Osaladin

I thought it was a very cool E3, I got to see a lot of games in action that I wanted to see, and there are a whole bunch of new IPs that look amazing so far.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
@angelkanarias: Do you really think PS3/360 motion controls are going to make much of a difference. At this point, people like the Wii because it's the Wii. While I think both Sony/M'Soft's motion controls look awesome - I can't see them changing much at all.
darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By darkspirit138

SOmebody out there is saying 'Mmm, light up dildo'.

But Natal and the dildo could be really really good in the future.

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mussbus999
@PenguinDust: I took your advice =]