E3 Online sounds like my kind of stupid

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

I'm not sure if this is old news but I just got an email from E3 with a bunch of info. https://e3expo.com/news/e3-news/e3-2021-online-portal-and-app

They're making an app and a portal and some of the features to me sound like the sort of shit that might actually make me engage with it. The key detail is:

Beginning on June 12, the public version of the online portal will give access to:

• Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
  • Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
  • Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
  • Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
  • Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized

It's not quite Space Jam 2 levels of celebrity activations but leaderboards based on... something and online hangouts that will probably have to be shut down within an hour due to uncontrollable dipshits? Sign me up.

Anyone else gonna get in on this nonsense?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I can only hope that there's sufficient gear to unlock for my profile. With 1 post on the forums, the sheer weight of my profile should make phones burst into flames.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By monkeyking1969

There is a way to do this well; but the ESA has no chance of doing this "well". Virtual events can be useful for bring people the information they want, provide a bit of spectacle. However, the ESA will half-ass it, which won't serve any purpose but to allow them to something as a placeholder until they can do a proper e3 next year. And by next year I doubt the entire games industry, games media, and the gamers will all understand that they don't need e3 or the ESA to put and expo on.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

There is absolutely no way in hell I'm making a profile on anything the ESA has built.

YuriyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It sounds bad

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@hayt said:

• Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible

If you've ever complained about Giant Bomb getting rid of quests, here ya go!

taylorwmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I will watch videos of announcements but that is it. Fuck the rest of this crap.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds dumb, I'm all for it