EA Origin launches digital game returns?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so here we go: https://www.origin.com/us/news/origin-great-game-guarantee

You can now return digital games bought on Origin (EA Only). Within 24 hours of first launch, within 7 days of first purchase.

It sounds like there's not even any human interaction to it. It's basically like on the Google Play store for android, don't like it, hit refund, get money back.

Color me massively surprised.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@bigjeffrey:

As long as we're posting GIFs that are vaguely relevant to the topic, I predict this to be the Internet's general reaction:

To everything.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver-Streak

@video_game_king: I'd say that's accurate. Or people start demanding Steam match the policy. Which steam will go "Sure. We aren't releasing any new games for a few years, but when we do, you can do the same thing"

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's an interesting move on EA's part, and gives the impression that they really want to compete with Steam.

I'm looking forward to seeing people's experiences with returning Origin games in the future. Obviously, they must prevent you from finishing a single-player game in 6 hours or whatever and then getting all your money back.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is great news.

And should become standard everywhere.

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The idea of digital refunds seems very strange to me. The system will be exploited relentlessly for single-player games. I also assume the refund would be a full refund back to your card, as in, not just store credit or something.

I think this is good news but I wonder if this will really be beneficial for EA in the long run.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

This is great news.

And should become standard everywhere.

We should still wait on at least a few weeks and see if the system is getting its shit exploited out of that EA needs to pull out. Let's consider this a social experiment at the moment.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes no sense. So how many people will now buy a game. Finish it in 24 hours and then return it? There must be something that prevents people from doing it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@darji said:

This makes no sense. So how many people will now buy a game. Finish it in 24 hours and then return it? There must be something that prevents people from doing it.

That's assuming that you can finish it in twenty-four hours. And it's only for EA-published titles.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By chiablo

If only this existed on March 5th, 2013.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@chiablo said:

If only this existed on March 5th, 2013.

AGREED!!!

I read about this in my morning rss news feeds. The first thing I thought is what everyone else is saying, how will this NOT be exploited and what are they going to do to stop it. I think this is a great idea, but there has to be some "rules" we just aren't aware of yet as I am sure EA is going to do MORE then cover their a$$e$.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

That's assuming that you can finish it in twenty-four hours. And it's only for EA-published titles.

I ca finish every EA game in 24 hours maybe not dagon age 3 but we will see about that.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By falserelic
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

I ca finish every EA game in 24 hours maybe not dagon age 3 but we will see about that.

Do you actually have the time to devote twenty-four hours straight to any video game?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

Do you actually have the time to devote twenty-four hours straight to any video game?

weekend one sitting done. Today's SP games are not really that long to begin with^^

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

It's EA we are dealing with here, so there must be some kind of small print that will keep them from ever needing to do this. Like it takes them 48 hours to respond to any request for a refund thus making the 24 hour period pointless. This is just far too consumer friendly to be a thing from EA.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Probably a limit to the number of times you can do did in a period of time. Far too many games you can finish in under 24 hours.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems way too good and open to exploitation. I bet they flag you account after a few returns and you can't do it anymore.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

Love how people comment on that origin link about origin being better than steam haha.Those people are really drunk if not fully r*ated

The only thing that Steam has over Origin at this point is a much larger library and the community features. Beyond that, I've had faster download speeds through Origin, less memory overhead from Origin running (Steam is a memory hog), and not a single crash issue with a game on it.