EA ripped me off!!! Don't fall for it too!!!

bleg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bleg38

Ok boys and girl's here's the skinny. 
I am a pretty big football fan, but not a big Madden fan.  I have always kind of had the urge to pick up Madden when it comes out, but have only succumbed to that urge every three years or so.  Anywho, this year I picked it up after playing a really incredible demo I downloaded from the PSN store.  I was absolutely blown away.  The graphics looked gorgeous, like really gorgeous.  It was a huge improvement over '09!  The game play felt better and tighter and there really weren't a whole lot of flaws to speak of.  So, I decided that because there was such a huge change between this and last years' model, I was going to get Madden.  I went and got it and as I started playing, I started to realize that EA had flat out tricked me.  The game looked terrible!  There was all sorts of problems with texture pop in and frame rate issues.  I have a nice hdtv and I was seeing a lot of jaggies as well that definitely were not present in the demo.  There was also atrocious loading times.  The game play still felt better than last year, but there is a nifty problem with penalties and injuries that you have to deal with by turning them down to a bearable level through the options menu.  The default levels for injuries and penalties obviously weren't the same in the demo as in the final game because I don't think I encountered one during multiple play throughs of the demo.  Anyway, the point of the story is that EA put up a Madden demo that completely misrepresents the final product and suckered me, as well as others I have talked to, into buying Madden this year.   I feel pretty cheated and will probably never touch Madden again unless they go to a subscription based version or something.  If this has happened to you as well, please make your voice heard!  This kinda bullshit is completely unacceptable and EA deserves all the bad press they get.  C'mon Peter Moore, you're better than that.  Using used car salesman tactics on loyal fans, most of which buy your game every year, is pretty low. 
/Rant    

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Maybe it's just a problem with the PS3 version, but I'm watching my brother play the 360 version and other than that weird bug that stops online matches for a few seconds, I don't see any performance issues.
Bummer that that problem exist, I am a big Peter Moore fan after all.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum
@bleg38: 
I think I recall the PS3 version being the lead platform for Madden 10, or at least, now runs at 60FPS along with the 360 version. Funny, I haven't heard serious problems about framerate and texture pop-ins. By the way, this is standard for EA to send their games out with various problems. It is a tradition to see the next-generation Madden games with funny quirks, such as players running out of bounds, and you have no control over them. Oh well, I guess I should cancel my NewEgg order now.

Kidding, of course.
bleg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bleg38

If you want to know specific instances of texture pop in, score a touchdown and watch as the player and background take a second to load.  Also, whenever they show the quarterback talking on a headset on the sidelines, there's some pop in there too.  I've noticed frame rate drops after the whistle is blown on plays.  I'll have to got play some more to get more specific examples, but those are a few that come to mind.  Also, even if you have the game already (on ps3), try the psn demo.  I can guarantee you that it looks a lot better than what you have.    

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TehBuLL

None of this seems logical.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jonnyboy

I feel like EA has been ripping me off since the mid 90's, I kinda feel like I should have won a prize or something by now.

Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bioderm

im not a xbox360 fan boy(A pc one actually) but why would EA make PS3 it's lead platform if it's a bit less popular than Xbox360. EA are in for the money!

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By harrisonave

All of these complaints sound like very minor things.  I honestly don't think the Madden games are the games for you.  These games are just for people who want to play some damn football.

DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By DarkFlow83
@Bioderm said:

" im not a xbox360 fan boy(A pc one actually) but why would EA make PS3 it's lead platform if it's a bit less popular than Xbox360. EA are in for the money! "

If they did make PS3 lead, they did it purely for the reason that PS3 is a bitch to code for and it's simple to then port to 360.  Porting 360 to PS3 is a whole lot harder and time consuming.  
haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By haethos

This game is not a significant upgrade over the 2009 product. This being the case, I'm not wasting a perfectly good 60 bucks. I'll nab MW2 instead to scratch a similar itch.

kingofthahill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingofthahill

EA is a piece of shit itself. I stop playing madden after 2006, it's always have problems one way are another. I've bought bad comp. and 1943 for ps3 and the problems with the mics is still not fix. So the hell wit EA and bad comp.2 Tried to get refund from EA for bad comp. jst gave me the damn run around.

Gary_Armstrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gary_Armstrong
@jonnyboy said:
" I feel like EA has been ripping me off since the mid 90's, I kinda feel like I should have won a prize or something by now. "
Well, they sold everybody the same game every year so thats understandable.
DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DarkFlow83
@jonnyboy said:
" I feel like EA has been ripping me off since the mid 90's, I kinda feel like I should have won a prize or something by now. "
I hear Madden 11 will come with a Inflatable doughnut.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy
@Bioderm said:
" im not a xbox360 fan boy(A pc one actually) but why would EA make PS3 it's lead platform if it's a bit less popular than Xbox360. EA are in for the money! "
He's right, in NA and EU where EA sells most of their product, the Xbox has much more units sold. Because after all, the PS3 has much more sales in Japan, yet the 360 is still ahead in overall sales. Which means that the majority of the other sales for 360 must be much higher in NA (not sure about EU though)
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sabata

Serves you right for buying Madden in the first place.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvilTwin
@xyzygy said:
" @Bioderm said:
He's right, in NA and EU where EA sells most of their product, the Xbox has much more units sold. Because after all, the PS3 has much more sales in Japan, yet the 360 is still ahead in overall sales. Which means that the majority of the other sales for 360 must be much higher in NA (not sure about EU though) "
The Japanese market is pretty negligible in general when compared to NA and EU, except for maybe the portable market. 
dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dopeman

for dave's sake get ripped off.