Easy accessible games (like Loop Hero and FTL)

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So, I've dusted of my laptop for the weekend, but all I got is an external mouse, so no big games for me. I have, however, realized more games are being made where you don't really need much more than that and the occasional use of the keyboard.

I have been playing Loop Hero and FTL, but are there other games that doesn't require much?

Thanks!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Specs please.

Enchaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hellbrendy: Out of the top of my head, I'd recommend Darkest Dungeon, Atom Zombie Smasher, Orwell, pretty much any classic cRPG (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and the like), Ironcast, One Finger Death Punch, Xenonauts, and whichever Civilization game your laptop can run.

I think these should cover a wide base of different genres and themes, though most of them are turn based or pausable. Do you have any genre or gameplay preferences?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The FTL dev's second game is called Into the Breach. It is an excellent roguelike turn based strategy game you should check out.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#5 chaser324  Moderator  Online

A lot of deck-builders would probably work well: Monster Train, Slay the Spire, Dicey Dungeons.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can always play MTG!

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Slaegar

Give Alien Swarm Reactive Drop a try. The requirements are pretty low and the game is $0. I'm not sure what the control limits are since you have access to a mouse and a keyboard. Are you mostly a gamepad person?

Helltaker should run on just about anything, but you will get bored of that game fast. It's very short.

Cthulu Saves the World is a throw back to 8bit JRPGs

Perhaps Door Kickers?

edit: Some more potential options.

Pikuniku

Age of Empires II

VA-11 Hall-A

West of Loathing
Donut County

Bridge Constructor games

Older Sims or even Sims 4.

Final Fantasy 8 Remastered has cheats the make the game borderline impossible to lose if you need them.

Doki Doki Literature Club.

Monika

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always on the lookout for good laptop games, that don't even require a mouse so I can play on the couch. Here are my goto ones from the past few years:

Slay the Spire

Monster Train

Invisible Inc.

Into the Breach

Darkest Dungeon

Loop Hero is a great newcomer that you already mentioned. Very trackpad and system spec friendly.

I want to give some of the old CRPG classics a shot but I am wondering if they will be manageable with just a trackpad, as playing on the couch is key for me when it comes to a good laptop game.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks for all the tips! I'll look at them and see if I find anything interesting.

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some recency bias, but The Room series if you would like something more puzzle-ly. I found #1 to still be a wonderful bite-sized experience either in 1 sitting or in 1/2 chapter chunks. About 2 hours to get through for each game. #2 is more of the same with a touch more multiple interaction sites in the room.