EDC (Every Day Carry)

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By nutta27

I have recently fallen down a deep dark hole of Youtube everyday carry video‘s. It’s horrendous. It’s just video after video of self entitled pricks showing off that they get sent the best tech (I’m not jealous....honest). Anyway that got me thinking what do “regular“ people carry around every day. Whats the GB communities “every day carry”.

If this post pops off I’ll grab a few photos of what I take out to work/ travel with and talk you guys through mine.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Uh... like in my pockets?

Standard wallet, keys, and cellphone. These days, also an extra face mask.

I've never heard of these sorts of videos.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Never heard of this either, but yeah, wallet, phone, mask, cigs and a lighter. I've considered carrying a copy of What's Eating Gilbert Grape on DVD in case of emergency, but my pockets aren't big enough.

Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shagge: You mean, you don't even carry a Grape-bag with you? Okay...

My everyday carry is a phone (for signing into work remotely) and maybe a credit card (for ordering things to be delivered to my door). Used to take my wallet and keys to work, but that hasn't been necessary for a few months.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I read this as "Every Day Curry" and got real excited for a moment.

For the record, I'll get down with a pork tonkatsu curry rice in a big way.

As for carry, usually have a swiss army knife, wallet, a second wallet with someone else's id (just in case), and a pen. Pretty standard stuff.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mellotronrules

i've only dabbled in EDC circles...i'm a huge backpack/bag snob- and a lot of smaller design houses that make bags also do some EDC stuff. but it's always struck me as an excuse to sell over-designed accessories with seemingly practical applications that are in fact not so common.

the only things i have that are worthy of EDC discussion are probably the shard and my backpack (expensive, but i've had it 7 years, it's waterproof, and it's manufactured in the USA). the rest is the usual wallet, keys, phone, etc.

someoneproud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For normal everyday out and abouting: just my wallet, keys and smoking apparatus. I own a phone but I hate it and I don't carry it around with me unless I'm expecting an important (ie to me, not anyone else) call.

During a work day: throw a black marker and some wire snips in there and get rid of the wallet.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reusable mask, phone, wallet and keys.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cikame

As a kid i always had my backpack which i could also attach my skateboard to, but i've always required a bag to put stuff in.
When i got my current job i was then limited to what i could fit into a small locker so i needed to downsize, i carry a WW2 style messenger satchel which contains.

No Caption Provided
  • Keys
  • A Samsung B2710 with one month battery life (don't need a smart phone)
  • Two large plasters (i used to get blisters on my heels at work, they've been there ever since)
  • Wallet
  • Two ice cream sticks (very useful)
  • Smints
  • A shopping bag ball
  • A spare face mask
    On my person i carry.
  • A Kershaw carabiner knife attached to a belt loop which has my locker and garage key on it
  • 2-4 kitchen towels in my pockets (hayfever)
  • Face mask
  • If working a pen in shirt pocket

Additional, my car has a torch, first aid kit, map, old pairs of shoes in case i need them (i wear out shoes within months), coat, jumper, de-icer, bundles of paracord, a Leatherman Skeletool, a set of allen keys, flint and steel, USB stick primarily for MP3's but it's always good to have.
Edit: Forgot my watch, a Nixon Scout, which i can confirm is indestructible.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cikame said:
  • Smints

Someone with refined tastes! They seem harder and harder to get in the US.

I have two Smint containers in my EDC. One is actual Smints, the other has benadryl, asprin, tylenol, and iodine tab.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ghost_cat

Oooooo, I like this!

I use my Porter-Yoshida x Sacai leapord-print faux-fur sling bag daily, and in it I carry:

• Wallet
  • Phone
  • Keys
  • Extra carabiners
  • Extra face mask
  • Water bottle
  • Two black Posca markers of different sizes
  • One orange Posca marker
  • A case to exchange out my glasses for sunglasses
  • Shopping tote bag
  • Wireless earbuds
  • Gushers
  • A Mr. Miyagi action figure

Gotta always be prepared!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre: They aren't my favourite mints :P, but every other small pack of mints either falls apart or makes everything in my bag smell of mints.

martyns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently: Phone, wallet, keys, face-mask, hand santiser.

Outside of a global pandemic: Phone, wallet, keys.

Turns out my EDC is tragically vanilla.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trauma

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know you're American when you click on a thread called "Every Day Carry" expecting to see a long screed about concealed weapons laws.

This seems marginally less annoying.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Not too elaborate but I've always been a "take the day as it comes" sort of person. On my person I always have:

• Wallet

• Keys

• Wine key (one of the great things about working in hospitality is you never know when you'll stumble into a good bottle of wine!)

• Sharpie

• iPhone 7

• Face mask

And in my super basic, one main pocket and one front pocket FILA backpack I got at a Goodwill a while back:

• Contigo stainless steel drink mug (though this is only on my first and last day of the work week; it stays at work Wednesday through Saturday)

• Glasses in glasses case (I almost never operate at full vision anymore due to the face mask)

• Apple In-Ear Earbuds (as a former audiophile, I'm constantly impressed with the audio quality increase these experienced with the change in form factor)

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Huh, well I'm always wanting to go out and when I finally get to I happily carry:

• A backpack with a handy handle and big pockets. I'm not a fan of chokers, even if they look cool.
  • With all those pockets I will carry a Ruff foldable Barkbowl for water on the go.
  • Extra snacks in case of need. We get these local 100% salmon bits that I just love.
  • Vaccination papers, a tracking chip, and other boring stuff I don't care about.
  • Poopaganda poop bags. Always carry your own supply.
  • I can get anxious around lots of new people so a bottle of organic CBD oil is good.
  • A compact but functional medikit. Now with a small supply of class 1 face masks.
  • I don't ever bite but sometimes people have anxieties so we always pack a fine muzzle.
  • And last but not least, a ball!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 38

Keys, wallet, phone, a walrus, two papayas, a Japanese folding screen in case I need a change of clothes, a stand-up of Dom DeLuise, and an actual miniature Dom DeLuise.

mattgriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've never watched any videos about it, but I do follow some blogs about this via rss.

https://everydaycarry.com/ is cool because they highlight items in the photos when you hover over them.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to love reading about people's EDC - found my wallet and key tool that way, and I LOVE my wallet - but I had to give it up. Maybe it was the sites I read but at some point it just seemed to turn into a way for people to post pictures of their guns (or the 3-5 knives they carry throughout the day :) )

Also, for real, I love the Daka Magpul wallet :)

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I was apprehensive opening this thread since I knew about all those insufferable EDC people but then I saw this:

@nutta27 said:

I have recently fallen down a deep dark hole of Youtube everyday carry video‘s. It’s horrendous. It’s just video after video of self entitled pricks showing off that they get sent the best tech (I’m not jealous....honest).

I am 100% on board with you. It's the worst. It's purely consumerist nonsense that feels designed to give people inferiority complexes so they spend too much on stuff that's probably not actually better than anything else.

For me, I just carry my phone, keys, a thin wallet (I don't like full-sized wallets), airpods, and a reusable mask. Back when I was in university up until a few months back I had everything in an old backpack along with a couple notebooks, some mechanical pencils, an eraser, a pen or two, and a couple scientific calculators. I took all my notes on paper so no laptop required.

Avatar image for actuallydeevees
ActuallyDeevees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My home keys, a slimy wallet, my phone, a cloth mask, and a pair of earbuds for my pockets. I bring my backpack everywhere pretty much and in that I have my water bottle, planner, journal, and either my Switch or Kindle depending what I'm into. I try not to bring both at the same time.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep it simple, phone and kyes.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phone, keys, wallet, lighter, knife, hand sanitizer, airpods, mask.

Everything but the phone and the mask goes in a slim sports fanny pack that i can keep covered with my shirt so that i dont look like a guy that caries a fanny pack. even though you know, i do. I was carrying a small first aid kit for a while, but it takes up too much space and most places i am at will usually have one on hand so i just keep that in the car or in my backpacking pack.

Also i know its unpopular around these parts, but concealed carry is in the works. Open carry is legal where i live, but that just makes people uncomfortable. I like to be prepared for everything that's why i carry all that stuff.

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lobster_johnson

In my pockets, I usually have:

• Phone
  • Tissues
  • Chewing gum
  • Wallet

If I'm going to work (which is the only place I ever go tbh), I also bring my pack with:

• Shitty digital watch with broken strap (lives in my pocket while working)
  • Canteen
  • Deodorant
  • Hand sanitiser
  • Food
  • Beard brush
  • Comb
  • Baby wipes
  • Passport
  • Moisturiser
  • Lip balm
  • Nasal decongestant
  • Painkillers
  • Plasters
  • More tissues
  • Notepad
  • Pen
  • Ear plugs
  • Reusable shopping bags
  • Face mask
  • Rain cover for the bag
  • Detachable compression straps and chest harness thing for the bag (I never use these but if I put them somewhere else I'll forget where they are)
  • Either a book or headphones (sometimes both)
  • A warm hat (in colder months)
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

My every day out the door carry:

• Wallet
  • Keys, w/ slim carabiner multitool
  • Smartphone
  • mask
  • ...a few useless US coins

If going to work, just add a shoulder messenger bag

• cheque book
  • pens, a permanent marker, post-its
  • device charger & wires
  • UBS flash drive
  • extra business cards
  • granola bar/snacks
  • riggers knife w/ marlin spike
No Caption Provided

Why the riggers knife? A riggers knife is great for un-tieing a knots! Also, it is a low threat carry with such a small blade.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Card case, zippo, cell phone, space pen, small spyderco knife.